test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

what needs to happen for people to not instantly drop the game 5 seconds in to the console launch

cheesebasketcheesebasket Member Posts: 1,101 Arc User
1. full ship 360 degree movement- short story long, Every other space mmo you can do this, we're not flying sharks or fish which become immobile once they get belly up, and if it takes a new engine to do it, well, this mmo is 6 years old with no signs of slowing down according to you's guyz So maybe work this in along with the new cyberspace infrastructure, you seem to be doing a phenominal job with the lighting, although the toons in the nimbus photo don't have the same tailor pieces

2. I've noticed pets collide with walls a lot (it's comical, they'll bump into it like beetles do when in a corner) maybe putting a special track where the pet can move anywhere within this "track" but runs along the edge of the track instead of running into the wall over and over

3. Defera needs to be fixed- this map is a broken mess, especially in powerplant where the engineers don't have any forcefields up to lower, this bugs up the mission and makes it completely uncompleteable

4. Andoria...this could be a gem of a planet to test out gear on if it worked, but going out into the duel zone doesn't DO anything, as a result the map is borderline useless exept for fed folks who like to be hermits and/or like the look of frozen landscapes, Also, to make it even for all factions maybe Rura Penthe and Nopada could be opened up as similar "duel" locations, or maybe just make Nopada an All-Faction duel zone, it already has an abandoned arena xD

5. Captains table-needs to be updated, this zone rarely has more than 1 instance and has a shop that only sells mk 1 weapons, although it is nice to stop by and see ol' Alpha Tanjan sometimes...Good times, but perhaps a unique shop for those who have acess for it, could increase subs too.

That's all i can think of for now, ths ship thing almost made me drop the game initially years ago, but i'm glad i stuck with it and it's come a LONG way since the 2400, what you've got up now works well for the old timers but youre porting to consoles, and they'll expect that ship movement or they'll drop it, and perhaps the franchise with it and miss a great community that (sometimes) gets that Picard level of deep thought, although it's rare

And why post this HERE and not elsewhere, cuz i know it'll be hardcore ignored, flamed, hated on by the white knights, blah blah etc etc...

I'm pretty much expecting my 2 cents to be ignored and trolled but meh, Worth a shot lol...Pessimist by nature
The hamster will RULE ALLL....

Mwahahahahahahaha

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,523 Community Moderator
    1. full ship 360 degree movement- short story long, Every other space mmo you can do this, we're not flying sharks or fish which become immobile once they get belly up, and if it takes a new engine to do it, well, this mmo is 6 years old with no signs of slowing down according to you's guyz So maybe work this in along with the new cyberspace infrastructure, you seem to be doing a phenominal job with the lighting, although the toons in the nimbus photo don't have the same tailor pieces

As I'm pretty sure STO Console is running the same engine as STO PC... Don't see this happening...
    Also I don't think TOR does either. Other than PvP Arenas, their space zones are rail shooters from what I heard.
    2. I've noticed pets collide with walls a lot (it's comical, they'll bump into it like beetles do when in a corner) maybe putting a special track where the pet can move anywhere within this "track" but runs along the edge of the track instead of running into the wall over and over

Honestly don't know what to say on this one. PC Pet AI needs some work also so... *shrug*
    3. Defera needs to be fixed- this map is a broken mess, especially in powerplant where the engineers don't have any forcefields up to lower, this bugs up the mission and makes it completely uncompleteable

Defera's been broken on PC for years. Maybe with the Console release they might come back to old zones on PC.
    4. Andoria...this could be a gem of a planet to test out gear on if it worked, but going out into the duel zone doesn't DO anything, as a result the map is borderline useless exept for fed folks who like to be hermits and/or like the look of frozen landscapes, Also, to make it even for all factions maybe Rura Penthe and Nopada could be opened up as similar "duel" locations, or maybe just make Nopada an All-Faction duel zone, it already has an abandoned arena xD

Andoria does kinda need a reason for having a map besides the Anniversary Omega Particles. I think it WAS meant to be an open PvP zone but it was never implimented.
    5. Captains table-needs to be updated, this zone rarely has more than 1 instance and has a shop that only sells mk 1 weapons, although it is nice to stop by and see ol' Alpha Tanjan sometimes...Good times, but perhaps a unique shop for those who have acess for it, could increase subs too.

I think there are plans to do something with the Captain's Table, however it doesn't really have anything that ESD doesn't so... no real incentive to go other than its exclusive and no trolls to clutter up Zone Chat. Also... Captain's Table stuff doesn't really impact the majority of the playerbase.

As to the purpose of posting this thread... saying these MUST be solved or people will drop it in 5 seconds... kinda overkill. No one will drop it because it IS a F2P game and it is Star Trek. In fact... having a larger playerbase afforded by having console versions may very well mean that we'll see general improvements across the board. It may not be immediate, but I see it as a positive.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I'm not sure They are going to be selling LTS to console players (they don't do it in Neverwinter), so the Captain's Table may be a moot suggestion.
    It simply won't be in the console version.

I'm very curious to see just how much stuff will be left out of the consoles to perhaps simplify the game.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif