test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New 1701-A in Beyond.

A request:

I know the proverbial lock box ship has sailed... in a fashion.

I was kinda HOPING that maybe in celebration of the movie, MAYBE we could get a smallish update, so that we may have options in the ship tailor to make our Kelvin heavy cruisers look the way they did in Beyond, and MAYBE even the way it did in the end ? Pretty please :D I'll even buy a few more keys ! :D

I know you guys are terribly busy and all, but I just thought it'd be awesome to have some options so that we may fly the latest version of the ship.

Appreciate all you guys do !
tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

Comments

• Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    The new Enterprise A looks... ok. But the side profile is just hideous. I mean, look at THIS:

ent-a.jpg
  • Options
    zellkarrathzellkarrath Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    Personally I'd like this to, since I feel like the latest version resolves some of the proportion issues I had with the original ship. I wish there was more source material to go off of other than those last few shots in the movie though. Also yeah, there are much bigger things to work on.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    It's definitely an art-deco style.

Anybody else notice that with every new incarnation of the Enterprise, the secondary hull keeps getting bigger and bigger?
    (while the primary shrinks)
    :|
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,392 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Unfortunately, from what I read, they didn't have access to Beyond's "blueprints" to start making the ships. So assuming they're willing and able to make more Kelvin Timeline ships, it now won't be before a few months for the Beyond ships.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    szim wrote: »
    The new Enterprise A looks... ok. But the side profile is just hideous. I mean, look at THIS:

I'm suddenly hearing the theme song from the 1960s Batman TV series.
  • Options
    sylveriareldensylveriarelden Member Posts: 531 Arc User
    Oh look, yet another thread about wanting the Kelvin timeline cruiser when it's already in the game.
    It's not you- it's me. I just need my space.

Being critical doesn't take skill. Being constructively critical- which is providing alternative solutions or suggestions to a demonstrated problem, however, does.
  • Options
    magusofborgmagusofborg Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    They made sure to reinforce those pylons eh?
    Joined August 2009
  • Options
    seriousxenoseriousxeno Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Huh, didn't know you could possibly make that design any less appealing lol
    latest?cb=20090525051807&path-prefix=en
    "Let them eat static!"
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    I.... like the new saucer.... the rest... not so much... The Nacelle are ok but need to mount onto the pylons a bit further back imo... the rest... ick
  • Options
    I.... like the new saucer.... the rest... not so much... The Nacelle are ok but need to mount onto the pylons a bit further back imo... the rest... ick

It's the Lens Flares.

Being critical doesn't take skill. Being constructively critical- which is providing alternative solutions or suggestions to a demonstrated problem, however, does.
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User

The saucer is ok. I like the new, slimmer nacelles, the deflector assembly and the kink at the bottom of the engineering hull. But I think the straight, right angled "throat" doesn't work, the pylons are much too large and the pointy rear end just looks silly.
  • Options
    lsegnlsegn Member Posts: 594 Arc User
    It's very faithful to the original, I feel like the differences are minor.

Let's not forget the original trek ships were and objectively still are pretty hideous, our fondness for them gives them beauty but not because of their design so much as what they represent. These new ships are designed in the same "Trek" style and are artistically more visually appealing they just aren't the ones we grew up with exactly. That's fine but let's remember Trek ships have never been designed for beauty, that's one thing that sets the show apart.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    Looks much better, to me.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    ashrod63ashrod63 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    As somebody who through various circumstances has been unable to see the film, but doesn't really care about spoilers... SPOILERS! Why would you do this to us! GAH!
  • Options
    lsegnlsegn Member Posts: 594 Arc User
    The trailer kind of spoiled it already, It gets blowed up big surprise. Anyone familiar with the series would know they'd build another one so I don't see this as much of a spoiler minus the pictures.
  • Options
    lsegn wrote: »
    The trailer kind of spoiled it already, It gets blowed up big surprise. Anyone familiar with the series would know they'd build another one so I don't see this as much of a spoiler minus the pictures.

Seems the only "unique" theme in the new series of movies is "how" the Enterprise gets blown up- not "if" it will. LOL

• Options
    alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    szim wrote: »

ent-a.jpg

That's not even the final version that made it on-screen.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • Options
    angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    That's one tiny-TRIBBLE$ shuttlebay. :p
  • Options
    theotherscotty#9105 theotherscotty Member Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Ehh... I'm OK with this new "Kelvin Timeline Connie Refit," I guess we could call it. The side profile is... meh. I've seen far worse. They sure beefed up the pylons; they've become more like wings than pylons now. I like the new saucer and the warp nacelles, and how they're a bit further apart now (the nacelles being so close together was one of the things I didn't like about the earlier "1701" version (no bloody A!)). I think it'll probably eventually show up in the game as an available skin option in the ship tailor.
  • Options
    daedalus304daedalus304 Member Posts: 1,049 Arc User
    if it lets me mix and match the two, I'm all for it.
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Also* The enterprise at the beginning of the movie, is different than the one from the previous movies, the pylons are swept back, the nacelles are smaller, (less balloon like), and the neck is thinner, it has a more spindly look than the Enterprise we've seen from Into Darkness, or the first movie.
    http://pop.h-cdn.co/assets/16/26/2048x1387/gallery-1467039028-star-trek-biggun.jpg

So the ship's been refitted since we've seen it last, Then there's the version we see at the end of the movie too,

So the representation of the ship in game is a version or two behind. I just think it'd be cool to have the option to fly the latest version, maybe even mix and match parts, but I realize that Cryptic is busy and that there isn't much president for such customization options with a lock box ship. One can dream tho.

To those worried about spoilers, I've purposely omitted saying anything that one can't gleam from the trailers.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    gaevsprivsmangaevsprivsman Member Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Its not the one, the one in beyond have smaller pylons, not so wide, and the nek is not strait:

http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/USS_Enterprise_(alternate_reality_NCC-1701-A)?file=USS_Enterprise_(NCC-1701-A_alternate_reality).png

Dunno what happened with the link