test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why can't I get skills at 35 points???

elfleshelflesh Member Posts: 21 Arc User
Under a heading "Admiral" (which I'm not) it says "available at 35 points" (which I have). So, what gives?? Why can't I buy it if I have enough points? How do you get to Admiral at lvl 35 if it says available then??
Is it some other point system that is (big surprise) undocumented?

Comments

• Options
    nephitisnephitis Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    You have to spend the points too.
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    Yep, you have to have spent the requisite number of points into the lesser skill levels to access the higher ones...

So stockpiling 8 points isn't going to let you fill up the entire Admiral level of the skill tree, you're only gonna get the 10 or 11 blocks that you "earn" between 40 and 50...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    wha??
    Are you telling me I have to fill the base skill trees first?
  • Options
    kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    elflesh wrote: »
    Under a heading "Admiral" (which I'm not) it says "available at 35 points" (which I have). So, what gives?? Why can't I buy it if I have enough points? How do you get to Admiral at lvl 35 if it says available then??
    Is it some other point system that is (big surprise) undocumented?

For one thing, you don't actually start earning skill points until Level 5. The first few levels don't count. So if you're level 35, you won't be able to access the Admiral skills yet because you don't actually have 35 points yet.

For another thing, yes, you do need to actually put 35 points into the earlier skills before you get access to the Admiral ones.
  • Options
    Thanks for the explanation - not like the game lets you know anything!