test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"Refit" Skins for the Kelvin Connie?

It would be great if we could get the 2 Refit Skins for the Kelvin Connie. The new Impulse Engines we saw in "into Darkness" and the new Refit from "Beyond"

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    Takes a while for them to make a ship. they put a lot of love and a lot of time into them.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    Takes a while for them to make a ship. they put a lot of love and a lot of time into them.

o.O
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    sylveriareldensylveriarelden Member Posts: 531 Arc User
    But I thought the JJprise was so perfect already? At least, that's what I've been hearing anyway... why would it need a refit skin so suddenly?
    It's not you- it's me. I just need my space.

Being critical doesn't take skill. Being constructively critical- which is providing alternative solutions or suggestions to a demonstrated problem, however, does.
  • Options
    asardetemplariasardetemplari Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    But I thought the JJprise was so perfect already? At least, that's what I've been hearing anyway... why would it need a refit skin so suddenly?

I guess people want their KTHCC to have more customization options, I suppose. I mean, yes, this would be nice.
    star-trek-beyond-enterprise-attack.jpg

However, I could care less. I have the KTHCC but I'm busy scrounging up energy credits for the Vengeance. That broadside emitter console seems like a fun little doodad to play with.
    latest?cb=20160406061118&path-prefix=en

Dreadnought class. Two times the size, three times the speed. Advanced weaponry. Modified for a minimal crew. Unlike most Federation vessels, it's built solely for combat.
  • Options
    willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    Actually the "Beyond" refit would be more important to me. Its basically a complete Refit. New saucer, different Nacelles, 6 instead of 3 Phaseremitters on top and bottom of the saucer..... Like the difference between TOS and TMP
  • Options
    alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    Actually the "Beyond" refit would be more important to me. Its basically a complete Refit. New saucer, different Nacelles, 6 instead of 3 Phaseremitters on top and bottom of the saucer..... Like the difference between TOS and TMP

True, but I think we are much more "likely" to get the Into Darkness Refit, since it consists of "minor" differences and wouldn't require a complete remodeling of the ship.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • Options
    redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User

... actually it's a totally new ship. There was not much left of the Enterprise to be refitted (sadly).

I'd be a lot more curious about the "far more superior ship" Admiral Paris mentioned. I'm fairly certain it's the KT-Excelsior, and I'd really like to see the official design...
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    I expect to see the Enterprise-B, Enterprise-C, and Enterprise-D before Kelvin Universe Kirk is done with his movies.
  • Options
    starkaos wrote: »
    I expect to see the Enterprise-B, Enterprise-C, and Enterprise-D before Kelvin Universe Kirk is done with his movies.

you know... Kelvin-Timeline Q might see to it. Unless the Kelvin-Timeline Pakleds kidnap Scotty to make them go.
  • Options
    alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    starkaos wrote: »

Doubt it.
    The Kelvin Universe got an Enterprise-A so they could remake it to look more like the TOS connie.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    I would love it. But, I would hope they make it a ship costume for the existing Kelvin connie and not make it a completely new ship I'd have to get.

I was a bit space rich for a moment. But I'm completely tapped out now, and I want a Vengeance to complete the console set. :'(
  • Options
    themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User

... actually it's a totally new ship. There was not much left of the Enterprise to be refitted (sadly).

I'd be a lot more curious about the "far more superior ship" Admiral Paris mentioned. I'm fairly certain it's the KT-Excelsior, and I'd really like to see the official design...

No, that was the Enterprise A. The first Enterprise was completely destroyed.
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

I am not 100% sure about that. Remember the first shot of the Enterprise in Beyond? I think it already had the 6 Phaseremitters on the Saucer in that scene. So maybe there has been another refit between Into Darkness and Beyond

Here is the Trailer #2 for Beyond. Right at the beginning you can see 3 Phaser emitters on the port side of the saucer (bottom). This is from an early scene in the movie so its not the 1701 A
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzD8H6o1awQ

Anyway, adding a refit skin would be great
  • Options
    edited July 2016

I am not 100% sure about that. Remember the first shot of the Enterprise in Beyond?

Watch the movie. The ship shown in the Trailer and a portion of Beyond, is still the Into Darkness-Refit. It carried over into the movie.
    And it's not the only KT-Constitution-class ship you see in the movie...

That's why I said "totally new ship". The Enterprise A was however certainly not the ship the Admiral mentioned, as the Enterprise was still fully intact at this Point, meaning that the A was not even planned.

Disclaimer: I'm not putting Spoiler-tags in here because the Enterprise' destruction and having a 1701-A is only a surprise if you're four years old and not familiar with previous ST-canon ;)
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Watch the movie. The ship shown in the Trailer and a portion of Beyond, is still the Into Darkness-Refit. It carried over into the movie.

I Did watch the Movie. And i am pretty surthe ship in the Trailer is the Enterprise and has 6 Phaseremitters on the Saucer (I am only talking about the Phasers, not about the Deflector or nacelles. That is clearly the 1701-A)

But the Details are not that important. The only thing that matters is that there is a New JJ-Connie Model in Beyond and i would love to get that for my JJ-Connie as much as i'd want a JJ Excelsior
  • Options
    vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User

I am not 100% sure about that. Remember the first shot of the Enterprise in Beyond?

That's why I said "totally new ship". The Enterprise A was however certainly not the ship the Admiral mentioned, as the Enterprise was still fully intact at this Point, meaning that the A was not even planned.

From the foreshadowing dialogue earlier in the film, it's pretty clear that the Enterprise A is exactly the under-construction ship Admiral Paris was talking about. The only part that wasn't planned on was naming it Enterprise when it was completed.

"I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2016
    The ship received a small refit between ID and BEY then a complete refit at the end of BEY. It's similar to how the TOS Enterprise had a minor rift between Cage/WNMHGB and TOS S1 then a complete refit between TOS and TMP.​​

The minor refit will probably be added as an option if CBSamount send the model to Cryptic. The major refit will likely be a seperate ship class as the TOS and TMP Constitutions are in-game already.
    Post edited by artan42 on
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    I would like the skin for the new A refit. The fatter neck i thought looked pretty cool.