test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Trait resetting

isthisscienceisthisscience Member Posts: 863 Arc User
Anyone else finding that old problem of traits are resetting on map change has returned? Playing my AoY today they have vanished several times.

Comments

• Options
    unclegoldieunclegoldie Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    I haven't played my AoY character yet today so I don't know if this is related, but there has been a fairly long-standing bug where traits tend to reset on any mission where you "borrow" another ship (i.e.; the Enterprise-C from "Temporal Ambassador" and the Bird-of-Prey from "The Doomsday Device").
    Epohh Vindaloo and beer milkshakes for everyone
    jH7LGEi.jpg
  • Options
    deceon55deceon55 Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    no my traits disappear at random without ship changes done it probably 5 or 6 times so far.
  • Options
    kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    Confirmed: this is still going on. It's way less frequent than it once was, but it still happens that traits get dumped on map change every so often. It's especially irritating when you warp into a queue, notice all your traits have now been unslotted, and can't do anything to reslot them because you're on a combat map.
  • Options
    isthisscienceisthisscience Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    Thanks unclegoldie, I was playing Solane arc that day so that would account for most, but had it once since the last one and I'm not sure what the trigger for that one would be.
  • Options
    trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    Yes it is very annoying. It happened at least 5 times yesterday. It's to the point where I look at my Traits 12 times an hour now...
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    "A step between Stars", checked my traits before starting the mission, after reaching the part where the "security" gets reactivated and taking way more damage than I thought I should I looked and sure enough, about half my traits were missing. When I reached the first space battle (before going through the gate) I checked aand all but two each of my traits were gone. After passing through the gate I looked again and sure enough now all my traits were gone.....

Not long after that I ran "Surface Tension", made sure I had all my traits slotted ahead of time, everything was looking good and then ....... beam up to ship to face all the Undine ships around ESD and sure enough some of my traits went poof. Finally killed all the ships, beamed over to ESD and poof, even more traits gone, by the time I made it to the big furball at Qo'nos I was yet again running with no traits at all.

Added

I hit post insted of save so I didn't get this bit in.

As it seems that disappearing traits is an extremely common and reoccurring bug, why not make switching traits the same as switching gear ? Get rid of the "social zone only" limit and make it non-combat only
    Post edited by arionisa on
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    doctheopdoctheop Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    this has been happening to me randomly, too. most notably on ship changes.
  • Options
    hugin1205hugin1205 Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    it happnes to me as well - mostly single traits are removed - sometimes more than one. But never all the traits.
    And sometimes it's starship traits, sometimes personl traits. Only Reputation ones seem to be safe.
    But I have to admit I have been lucky recently - only one today and None that I noticed the last few days.

Edit: next time logging in, one of my toons had ALL traits unslotted, except the Reputation ones...shouldn't have said that I was lucky.
    Post edited by hugin1205 on
    18 characters
    KDF: 2 tacs, 2 engs, 3 scis
    KDF Roms: 3 tacs, 1 eng, 1 scis
    FED: 2 tacs, 1 eng, 2 scis
    TOS: 1 tac
    all on T5 rep (up to temporal)
    all have mastered Intel tree (and some more specs Points)
    highest DPS: 60.982
  • Options
    hugin1205hugin1205 Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    it'S cursed - since I wrote that I hadn't been suffering 3 of my characters had had all their Trias unslotted (except Reputation ones)
    18 characters
    KDF: 2 tacs, 2 engs, 3 scis
    KDF Roms: 3 tacs, 1 eng, 1 scis
    FED: 2 tacs, 1 eng, 2 scis
    TOS: 1 tac
    all on T5 rep (up to temporal)
    all have mastered Intel tree (and some more specs Points)
    highest DPS: 60.982
  • Options
    nateham101#2745 nateham101 Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    I am also experiencing this issue.
    1Wlp6QH.gif
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    Confirmed, my AOY reset this morning.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    tiberius183tiberius183 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    Same here. It's REALLY annoying...
  • Options
    theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Had that quite a few times. Just now saw that a reset happened again; not even sure when it happened; I stumbled over it wanting to re-read some effects of one. Good that I do not need to make a new thread about it. Really not cool that this bug is still a thing.