test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Wyanti System patrol: Kroida system messed up bad

monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
edited July 2016 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
It doesn't happen every time.
On my 23c character I was working on the Delta Quadrant episodes when I went to do the system patrol for the Wyanti System for the episode Taking care of Enemies. The dialogue with the Turei is random on what he needs, but the end result is that he always takes something from you and you have to enter underspace to get it back.

The entire map for the Kroida System you enter is completely messed up. No stars, planets, or blackness of space. Just a white background with a ton of square outlines, with some green and purple color along with giant text that you can't really make out because other squares are overlapping part of it.

It is reproducible. I exited the system back to sector space to start the patrol mission over again. The glitch happened the very first time I entered that map. The next 2 times the map loaded just fine, but the next 3 times in a row the map was a glitchfest. I didn't think to look at the mini-map the 2 times the system loaded properly, but after trying again it loaded and I was in the Apep system.

So it seems it sometimes sends you to the Kroida System and that map is what's messed up.

It seems this bug is at least 11 months old: https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/3gwr6v/this_is_what_i_saw_when_i_went_through_the/
And here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1210401/mother-of-all-bugs-delta-qaudrant-wyanti-system

Edit: It seems at the time of writing, Photobucket is having maintenance. So I'll have to share a screenshot later because right now every time I try to upload it the upload fails. Or you can just look at other people's screenshots from those old reports, because it's the exact problem I'm seeing.

Comments

• Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    Screenshot%2081_zpsudrcca6h.png~original
  • Options
    qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    This is Cryptic. There's a workaround. So they don't care enough to actually fix it. Standard operating procedure, given their history with such things.