test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Should a contribute all button be added for reputation dailies?

wargamer01wargamer01 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1219393/contribute-all-button-should-be-added/p1?new=1
Just to be clear the auto contribute button would fill all the items. IE Marks Creds And Exp in rep mission would be auto filled and the mission started with one click per rep instead of 6 clicksx#of reps.

Should a contribute all button be added for reputation dailies? 27 votes

Yes
51%
uhdonakesselrunner#0768kodachikunoarliekkosdexxis7dragnridrcommandersolacephantrositywargamer01wintermutevreswarpangelfiberteksyfircadorette101trek021 14 votes
No
22%
monkeybone13farmallmcrashdragondavefenestratorofficerbatman81thekodanarmada#7342 6 votes
Indiffernt
25%
ikonn#1068kitsunesnouttunebreakerbluerecklooseredeyedravenechattytalasivari 7 votes
Post edited by wargamer01 on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,494 Community Moderator
    edited July 2016
    I think the only thing that isn't automatically maxed out is dilithium. Everything else already has the sliders maxed out when you click on the contribute buttons.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    No
    Only Dil you slide. Rest is point and click. It don't need any simpler.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    Indiffernt
    Bummer. I thought this thread would be about spending more marks for more rep XP so it does take less time to max them out.

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,626 Arc User
    No
    No, I don't want to accidentally contribute all of my dil to a fleet project and they'd probably keep the behavior consistent.

They already made the change where non-dil reputation contributions auto-fill on click and the same for fleet, that is all the QoL fix we needed.
  • wargamer01wargamer01 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Yes
    No, I don't want to accidentally contribute all of my dil to a fleet project and they'd probably keep the behavior consistent.

They already made the change where non-dil reputation contributions auto-fill on click and the same for fleet, that is all the QoL fix we needed.

Its says for reputation not fleet please read titles.
    No
    wargamer01 wrote: »

You missed this part: "No, I don't want to accidentally contribute all of my dil to a fleet project and they'd probably keep the behavior consistent."

They use the same user interface design for the different project types. If they changed the dil contribution logic for one type there's a good chance it would change for all types. I really do not want it to change for fleet.
  • wargamer01wargamer01 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Yes
    wargamer01 wrote: »

You missed this part: "No, I don't want to accidentally contribute all of my dil to a fleet project and they'd probably keep the behavior consistent."

They use the same user interface design for the different project types. If they changed the dil contribution logic for one type there's a good chance it would change for all types. I really do not want it to change for fleet.

But its not for dil in the title it says SHOULD A CONTRIBUTE ALL BUTTON BE ADDED FOR REPUTATION DAILIES?
    No
    Ah, yes, you're right I did misread it.

I'd still vote no, but only because this is very low on the list of things they should work on. It's only noticeable when you are leveling up 9 at once with a new TOS recruit.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Yes
    All that slider business is a complete waste of time in a solo project. Either you want to fill it or you don't.

Personally, I would've modeled the rep interface after the doff system rather than the fleet projects from the start. That is, start a project, it picks up the necessary resources and if you don't have enough it tells you you can't do it at all. No sliders, no extra clicking, no starting a project and coming back next day to learn it didn't really start after all because you were 1 mark short. And if you cancel you'd get your stuff back.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    No
    It's fine the way it is. I don't want to accidentally contribute dil when I'm not ready to.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,916 Arc User
    Indiffernt
    You see my answer. I only have three new toons. I have one going through Temporal rep and my AoY doing the others. When Leo finishes Temporal he'll make a bunch of sponsorships for the others.

So, I don't mind six clicks per rep.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    No
    It's fine the way it is. I don't want to accidentally contribute dil when I'm not ready to.

This is what I agree with. At times, I only put so much Dil to it or none at all. Cause I'm using it on a project as well. There been a few times I do this. Then get back to it later.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.