test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So free KT shuttle next?

I know we got the outfits so maybe a shuttle to go with our new shiny ships?

Comments

• Options
    redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    cross821 wrote: »
    I know we got the outfits so maybe a shuttle to go with our new shiny ships?

There are many options for shuttles. The 2009-movie featured at least four different Shuttles for starfleet alone.

I guess we could reach a status-quo by saying it's gonna be the shuttle from the opening of ID then?

Also, what about the Jellyfish and the Mudd-Runabout?
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    I like free stuff, so I approve of this suggestion.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    The uniform released was to celebrate the 50th anniversary of star trek.
    Nothing says giveaways has to be KT releated. So your assumption is wrong. It was the KT uniform due to the lining up with the new KT movie.
    If they do decide to make it a series of giveaways i hope it is regular ST in nature.

I prefer this to stay STO rather than KTO.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Nothing says giveaways has to be KT releated. So your assumption is wrong. It was the KT uniform due to the lining up with the new KT movie.
    If they do decide to make it a series of giveaways i hope it is regular ST in nature.

None of this is correct.

The Uniform was given out for the release of Star Trek Beyond, it has nothing to do with the anniversary.

We already had the Anniversary Event earlier this year, but the actual date of the Anniversary is technically Sept 8th, so the uniform had nothing to do with it.

I think a KT shuttle is actually a pretty good idea. It's a cool little thing that that people would like but isn't terribly valuable. I don't know if they'll do this or not, but I would be happy to see it.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User

None of this is correct.

The Uniform was given out for the release of Star Trek Beyond, it has nothing to do with the anniversary.

We already had the Anniversary Event earlier this year, but the actual date of the Anniversary is technically Sept 8th, so the uniform had nothing to do with it.

I think a KT shuttle is actually a pretty good idea. It's a cool little thing that that people would like but isn't terribly valuable. I don't know if they'll do this or not, but I would be happy to see it.

Actually, we had a couple anniversary events this year. One was for the 6th Anniversary of STO in February, and another was the anniversary of Star Trek: First Contact (the Admiralty cards and Doff we got). The actual Trek Anniversary is still coming and I think AOY was 1 part of that.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options

None of this is correct.

Actually, we had a couple anniversary events this year. One was for the 6th Anniversary of STO in February, and another was the anniversary of Star Trek: First Contact (the Admiralty cards and Doff we got). The actual Trek Anniversary is still coming and I think AOY was 1 part of that.

Yeah, they kinda seem to be rolling it out over the entire year, which is pretty cool. :)

The KT Uniform though was listed as a celebration for the release of Star Trek Beyond.

I think a KT Shuttle Craft is a pretty good idea for the next one.
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    I would like to see some more Kelvin stuff, but only if we also get some more Prime Universe stuff to go with it.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Maybe they'll go backwards through the Trek incarnations until they get to TOS, so maybe MACO uniforms, shuttle pod, or phase pistol next?
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Maybe they'll go backwards through the Trek incarnations until they get to TOS, so maybe MACOS uniforms, shuttle pod, or phase pistol next?

P226_4_4.jpg

SO.. WANT..

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    gradii wrote: »
    Maybe they'll go backwards through the Trek incarnations until they get to TOS, so maybe MACOS uniforms, shuttle pod, or phase pistol next?

P226_4_4.jpg

SO.. WANT..

Yeah, that would be sweet!
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator

I doubt we're gonna only get 1 thing this year. Its Star Trek's 50th Anniversary. I forsee more giveaways in the future. What they are remains to be seen. The reason we're getting the Kelvin Admiral uniform NOW is because of Beyond's opening weekend.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    sylveriareldensylveriarelden Member Posts: 531 Arc User
    We all might be lucky to get a lump of coal in the stocking this year, due to the train wreck regarding a certain giveaway and the turmoil it caused. Hell, I'd be surprised if they gave us a free bottle of Saurian Brandy as a promotion at this point.
    It's not you- it's me. I just need my space.

Being critical doesn't take skill. Being constructively critical- which is providing alternative solutions or suggestions to a demonstrated problem, however, does.
  • Options
    vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    We all might be lucky to get a lump of coal in the stocking this year, due to the train wreck regarding a certain giveaway and the turmoil it caused. Hell, I'd be surprised if they gave us a free bottle of Saurian Brandy as a promotion at this point.

Cryptic is not going to change one iota of their plans because of the usual suspects crying like children in the forums over a shiny they think they deserved but didn't get.
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."