test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Klingons are looking good!

goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
Gotta say...the improvements made to the Klingons with the release of AOY are really nice. Pauldrons and sashes are fitting better, facial features and body parts are better. Can't say the Klingons didn't get any love with this latest release. Anyone notice anything else that was improved? Q'apla!
klingon-bridge.jpg

Comments

• Options
    bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    goodscotch wrote: »
    Gotta say...the improvements made to the Klingons with the release of AOY are really nice. Pauldrons and sashes are fitting better, facial features and body parts are better. Can't say the Klingons didn't get any love with this latest release. Anyone notice anything else that was improved? Q'apla!

The pauldrons/sashes have bad clipping issues with the Bortas'qu shoulder pads. :/
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    All of my Klingon Dahar Masters are on Risa...still
    Ahhhh...the last few days of a vacation on the beach....
    Taking in the sea air.....

No uniforms over here. :) Will have to check things out, when I get back.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    Just wait til you see the uniforms that are only on Tribble right now :)

I was never a huge fan of the TOS Klingon uniforms, but the amount of customization they're going to offer when combined with the existing pieces is going to be awesome!

Also, I can't say I see the issue with the Bortasqu' pauldrons with sashes since this update. Keep in mind, the changes for the female pauldrons/sashes hasn't been completed yet, but the clipping has (mostly - it's probably impossible to get rid of it all) been eliminated for males. @crypticjoejing did a great job!
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    Still waiting on my Blingon forehead jewelry... but at least I have a nice helmet to cover up my embarassing lack of ridge bling.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    delerouxdeleroux Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    iconians wrote: »
    Still waiting on my Blingon forehead jewelry... but at least I have a nice helmet to cover up my embarassing lack of ridge bling.​​

I'm worried that if/when it ever comes, it won't be available to us alien folk, just like the new Klingon ridges seem to be unavailable, too. Kinda sucks, because I really like the look of the JJTrek Klingons.
  • Options
    sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    deleroux wrote: »

I'm worried that if/when it ever comes, it won't be available to us alien folk, just like the new Klingon ridges seem to be unavailable, too. Kinda sucks, because I really like the look of the JJTrek Klingons.

Aren't they a part of the Lobi costume? All I've heard about it is that it's currently bugged.
  • Options
    Still waiting on my Blingon forehead jewelry... but at least I have a nice helmet to cover up my embarassing lack of ridge bling.

Yeah, checked Tribble. Not available for Aliens. :(​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    delerouxdeleroux Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    I really don't see why alien KDF are being shafted here when we have access to all other Klingon character customizations, last I checked. Seems very unnecessary.
  • Options
    bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Just wait til you see the uniforms that are only on Tribble right now :)

I was never a huge fan of the TOS Klingon uniforms, but the amount of customization they're going to offer when combined with the existing pieces is going to be awesome!

Also, I can't say I see the issue with the Bortasqu' pauldrons with sashes since this update. Keep in mind, the changes for the female pauldrons/sashes hasn't been completed yet, but the clipping has (mostly - it's probably impossible to get rid of it all) been eliminated for males. @crypticjoejing did a great job!

I'll have to check on my KE main, then. :p
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • Options
    terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    I really don't see why alien KDF are being shafted here when we have access to all other Klingon character customizations, last I checked. Seems very unnecessary.
    edfb6b81a1.jpg
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • Options
    terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    The foreheads were a big improvement and new eyebrow flair (my Klingons look much better and less potato headed like humon), but I still feel we are mixing stuff. New hairstyles and ridges from the show and movies would help it. And some 23 century Klingon uniforms.
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • Options
    I need to move a Klingon character back over to Tribble and check the costumes closer ... after the thunderstorm passes, though....well, maybe tomorrow. :::crossing fingers for rain, this time:::: Hasn't rained here in months.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    Blah....Pauldrons are droopy for some of them(High Pointed, and Layered). I'll have to get my new KDF characters some Extenze. :(
  • Options
    admiralandyadmiralandy Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    Although Normal Klingons can be made TOS Head style see original KOR picture above, my Klingon Borg Character cannot, shame as I prefer the TOS look, my bridge crew normal Klingons anyway are working.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    Although Normal Klingons can be made TOS Head style see original KOR picture above, my Klingon Borg Character cannot, shame as I prefer the TOS look, my bridge crew normal Klingons anyway are working.

My old Female Liberated Borg Female Klingon can't get the "Humanoid" head option, but as you said, the normal Klingon one can.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Woo! Blingon jewelry works now.

And it uses the widest color palette -- so you can have pretty pink metallic jewelry for your forehead ridges.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    The non-ridged option for Klingon heads interestingly still has the option to appy ridges as forehead detail. It looks of course a bit different than with the ridged head. But the nice thing is - you now have the humanoid standard hair options.

I haven't really tried this out much (and my characters face and hair choice has been set for so long now that I am not sure I am willing to alter it), but it should give give a lot more options now.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    Darn it, still haven't had time to look at this stuff. :(

• Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    "Hasn't rained here in months." Yeah we haven't gotten much rain here in Southern Ontario, Canada either, its starting to look more like Arizona , working towards the Sahara Desert here.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    The Bort pauldrons still clip most of the sash options. Except for the leather straps. There are some nice changes and it is nice to see KDF getting some attention though.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    OK...for some reason...on Tribble I saw the "Flair" (cat's eye eyeliner plus drawn in eyebrow pencil make up) added to "Tattoos and Scars" options.

But on Holodeck I do not see "Flair" in "Tattoos and Scars" at all. Did they move it elsewhere????

OR, do I need to make a list of weird tailor things for me in bug reports folder.

+++++++++++++++

Also, does anyone know which hair option goes with the Klingon 23c outfit?

Beautiful updo...and if memory serves, a little curl hanging down the back?
    (I got to find a different picture so I can be sure).

I am assuming we were going to be able to have a similar look to Mara.
    http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Mara

++++++++++++++++

Ah ha...I found a pic with the curl...(it is amazing which details I remembered from when I was a kid...I don't remember the story in that episode at all...but I remembered the curl):

http://tos.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/3x07/dayofdove_250.jpg

http://www.trekcaps.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/21/tos-update-12/ariane179254_StarTrek_3x07_DayOfTheDove_2365.jpg

• Options
    staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    TOS Klingons are looking great. I've got to hand it to Cryptic, giving the Klinks their 23C uniform as a freebie when the other two factions have to pay for it is a nice gesture. Plus, the humanoid head is great for a General Chang or Azetbur type look.
  • Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    Probably working on the Flair still, getting bugs out.
  • Options
    vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    Flair is working for female Aliens, but apparently not for actual female Klingons. My pre-AoY Aliengen TOS female "Klingon" BOFFs can use it, but the storyline female Klingon BOFF can't.
  • Options
    horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    Flair is an option for Orion BOffs; tried it at the tailor today but couldn't find the option on my Klingons. It's a really nice touch; Can't wait to dress up my Captain and Klingon crew :) .
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• Options
    The Flair option is an eye makeup thing, correct? Not sure exactly what this is supposed to look like, but I'm not certain it works well with Klingon females. Seems to be a little off.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Last time I looked in the tailor, and it has been a while....when all the new AOY stuff started coming out.....

Flair was listed under tattoos/scars for the traditional Klingon female (with ridges), but make a TOS Klingon (no-ridges) the option is gone.

I have not seen anything noted as far as a fix for it, so I have not gone back to the tailor.

Trying to watch for several changes for my one character I have "dressed up" for TOS: Thraak (Gorn BOFF) is still half TOS Gorn and half regular. And only have half of the mesh sleeve option.

All these items should be coming....but Devs are busy with so many things....best to be patient.

• Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    Where is the Zombie Containment Strike Team when we really need them? lol
    Still, just purchased the Kelvin Timeline uniform for my two KDF and one Rommie chars. It's okay but slightly restrictive. Be nice to be able use the Kelvin boots with the Tucked High Chainmail Pants. And the Kelvin 2 long coat clips the legs. Regardless of which pants I use.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    tumblr_mf9fy3i1MA1qmtfp8o2_1280_zpsotzp99xh.jpg

I think the flair should work for either gender TOS Klingon. This closeup of John Colicos shows the lines looping from the eyebrows to the top of the eyelid. It's a beautiful touch and I hope they don't limit it to just the ladies.

Edit: I should have just referenced Terranempire's meme. That pic illustrates the point perfectly and I think the liner is heavier.
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• Options
    tumblr_mf9fy3i1MA1qmtfp8o2_1280_zpsotzp99xh.jpg

I think the flair should work for either gender TOS Klingon. This closeup of John Colicos shows the lines looping from the eyebrows to the top of the eyelid. It's a beautiful touch and I hope they don't limit it to just the ladies.

Edit: I should have just referenced Terranempire's meme. That pic illustrates the point perfectly and I think the liner is heavier.

Good post and good find on the picture.
    klingon-bridge.jpg