test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lobi store consumable devices going into dilithium store

It's up on Tribble server now. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1218953/tribble-maintenance-and-release-notes-july-15-2016
Systems:
Several consumables previously only available on the Lobi Crystal Store have been added to the Dilithium Store.Several consumables previously only available on the Lobi Crystal Store have been added to the Dilithium Store.

From the looks of things on Tribble, all, or at least most, consumable ground and ship devices in the lobi store are being moved to the dilithium store.

Ship batteries and ground devices are going to be 2,000 dil each, while the team version will be 4,000 dil each. Special ground devices, such as the Psionic Dampener, Tachyon Grenade, and Nanoenergy Cells will be 4,000 dil each. So a full stack of 20 'Battery - Auxilliary and Shields' will cost 40k dil while the team version will cost twice that.

10 packs of consumable ground combat pets will be 40,000 dilithium, which comes out to 4k dil each. However, the single version of ground combat pets will be 10,000 dil each (an increase of 6k each compared to the 10 packs).

Screenshot%2052_zpsmubajx66.png~original
Screenshot%2053_zpsgh92rh4z.png~original

I'm sorry, but these prices are insane.

But........I suspect this was Cryptic's solution.

Solution to what? Well.......

Players: "The dil/zen exchange is too high"
Cryptic: "Let's give them useless items to waste their dil on over and over that literally costs them thousands of dil each"

Genius!

:unamused:

Comments

• Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    Almost forgot. I'm surprised nobody started a thread about this, but I'll just mention it here since I think this is all tied together.

From the Tribble patch notes:
    Increased assignment cooldown on "Turn In Contraband" assignments from 4 hours to 20 hours.

So yeah. They're fixing the economy.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Almost forgot. I'm surprised nobody started a thread about this, but I'll just mention it here since I think this is all tied together.

Increased assignment cooldown on "Turn In Contraband" assignments from 4 hours to 20 hours.

There's lots of in-game panic today stemming from this.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    well their trying... not sure what this is some of this actually going to do but it should be interesting.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options

There's lots of in-game panic today stemming from this.

I'm just surprised because usually that "panic" carries over to the forums, and nobody here is talking about it much.

I was hoping for a good solution for the economy, but instead they decide to nerf getting dil in 1 part of the game, and give us consumables in the dilithium store that are way to expensive to justify the dil nerf.

I also wonder if they have more dilithium nerfs in the game planned. Hell, might as well just cut the daily dil refinement in half, to 4k per character per day, while they're at it.
  • Options
    orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    Wow, those consumable prices do seem kinda whack. Especially since one can burn through 3+ batteries during a single ISA run, which will only award 720 dil. Hardly worth shelling out three times that on a single battery.

Thankfully, this is from Tribble, the test server. So it might get adjusted before going live.

Maybe.

(Ah well, even at 2k/each they'd still be cheaper than dropping Lobi on them lol.)
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    This will affect farmers a lot more than casuals. Farmers have KDF alts just to pile up contraband, casuals have a small amount of contraband from the confiscation mission.

So it lowers the supply of dil for farmers much more, increasing the value of the dil casuals have.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Resolved an isse that was causing Tarsi and Skavrin to have incorrect racial Traits that their species does not have access to: Tarsi has lost Leadership and Teamwork, and now has Fury and Acute Senses.
    I guess I'll finally delete her now that she's actually useless.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Does it cost too much? The are going from a currency that requires someone to actually pay money for to a currency that requires someone to an ingame currency that doesn't require money. Never saw the point on wasting Lobi for the consumables, but requiring dilithium makes them slightly more attractive.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    orion0029 wrote: »
    Wow, those consumable prices do seem kinda whack. Especially since one can burn through 3+ batteries during a single ISA run, which will only award 720 dil. Hardly worth shelling out three times that on a single battery.

Thankfully, this is from Tribble, the test server. So it might get adjusted before going live.

Maybe.

(Ah well, even at 2k/each they'd still be cheaper than dropping Lobi on them lol.)

That's why it's good to leave feedback before it goes live.

To be honest, I would like the dil/zen exchange to come down. But........

Dil exchange early this morning was around 450, give or take a few dil (Or maybe it was yesterday? I forgot if I took the sc this morning or yesterday):
    Screenshot%2050_zpszweijiky.png~original

The dil exchange at the time of posting:
    Screenshot%2056_zpshd3ng1ze.png~original

Went down about 50 points in 24 hours or less and seems to be continuing to drop fast. With how popular the Kelvin lock box is, I wasn't expecting the exchange to go down for a while, and when it did it would go down at a steady pace.

The exchange suddenly dropping in a short amount of time seems rather odd. If a new fleet holding or other dil sink were announced (something that people actually wanted to spend their dil on), then the drop would be expected because it would mean people are saving their dil.

But so far I haven't seen anything new announced that would require large amounts of dil. And I highly doubt people are saving up their dil for those consumable devices soon to be in the dil store.

Something is going on.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Resolved an isse that was causing Tarsi and Skavrin to have incorrect racial Traits that their species does not have access to: Tarsi has lost Leadership and Teamwork, and now has Fury and Acute Senses.

Noooooooo!!!!!! :'(
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Good, it was stupid to have consumables for lobi.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    What the hell? In about a half hour it dropped another 20 points. :o

Screenshot%2057_zpsdd0ln0oh.png~original

Hmm...... 77 zen at 491, 14 zen at 382, 5k at 380. (It went back up to about 390 while posting this) I wonder if someone is buying zen then relisting it at a loss to force the prices to go down. Rather odd indeed.
    Post edited by monkeybone13 on
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    On topic of OP, I do like the idea of the lobi consumables going into the dilithium store. I doubt many players spent their lobi on them anyway. But, again, the price is too high. It's not a problem for veterans that know the game and how to farm dil, but it kinda puts them out of reach for new players who might be interested in buying them.

With this kind of pricing for consumables, I'd rather spend my dil on non-consumable stuff I don't have to keep buying, like reputation and fleet gear.

Maybe......maybe they'll put lobi store outfits in the dil store next? I'd spend my dil on that. Like, 100k dil per outfit (it could stay as a per character purchase and I'd still buy it). ;) The Tribble patch notes said something about new Khan outfits going into the dil store for "collectors", but I and others haven't seen them on the test server.

Edit: Dil exchange back under 380 again. Darn thing is a yo-yo right now. LOL
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    Those prices do seem rather steep for a consumable... I think I'll stick with my crafted ones, for now...
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Glad I bought my dil when I did, 380 is a joke for the work I put in earning cash to buy zen with ... won't be buying anymore unless and until it goes back up to a reasonable 480+
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Well they have another sink coming up with the Item Upgrade Weekend. Those sinks put Fleet Holdings to shame. ;)

Here is another useless item to put into the Dilithium Store for insane prices. More different colored EV Suits.

Forget about Racial Traits and making them all the freaking same. Don't you think somebody from some Race would exhibit some ability that most others from their Race doesn't have. Makes them special, someone who would have gone into this because they excelled, had that higher calling so to speak. Instead we have Cryptic just acceding to a bland profile, believing that only certain races know anything about effectively performing in Space Combat. Why did these Officers aspire to the Stars - so they can all be ground pounders?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    e30erneste30ernest Member Posts: 1,794 Arc User
    This will affect farmers a lot more than casuals. Farmers have KDF alts just to pile up contraband, casuals have a small amount of contraband from the confiscation mission.

So it lowers the supply of dil for farmers much more, increasing the value of the dil casuals have.

This. I think increasing the CD of contraband is a good thing. Sinks aren't really the only solution because not everyone farms dilithium and are dilithium rich. IMO the problem with dilithium oversupply comes from all the players that grind so many alts just to farm dilithium.
  • Options
    jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    Sell all the zen now
    sell sell sell
    all of it D:
  • Options
    captaintroikacaptaintroika Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    LOL at those prices

Only really dumb people are going to spend dil on that. 40k for some consumables? Yeah right. You know what doesn't cost 40k and is more effective than just about all of those? A photon grenade.
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User

She's non-reclaimable and is supposed to be a character, why take away what makes her unique? This is stupid.

..I'm still keeping her, though.
  • Options
    captaintroikacaptaintroika Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    I am going to assume this is Borticus's idea until I hear otherwise.
  • Options
    tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    Putting lobi consumables into dil store is excellent idea, but those prices are REALLY steep. Noone but the stupidest will spend 4k dil on a consumable, especially since so many great devices are available from R&D.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User

Two stupids don't make a right: 2k Dil for 1 consumable (regular) battery is insane.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    e30ernest wrote: »

This. I think increasing the CD of contraband is a good thing. Sinks aren't really the only solution because not everyone farms dilithium and are dilithium rich. IMO the problem with dilithium oversupply comes from all the players that grind so many alts just to farm dilithium.

I agree with that. I'm sure there are players with 20+ characters parked in front of security officers to turn in contraband every 4 hours. With just 10 characters, that would be 20,000 refined dilithium every 4 hours, or 80,000 per day if hitting the refinement cap on all of them. Just buy 50 character slots and the refined dil adds up quickly. And while waiting to turn in more contraband, I'm sure they farm large amounts of ec to buy more contraband.

Another thing is, we wouldn't need so many alts we never play if it weren't for the daily refinement limit. Having many characters to get the dil you need becomes a necessity, especially when you're looking at around 32k dil each for a reputation ship set, fleet gear, and everything else. 8k per day for a single character just doesn't cut it. It doesn't take too long to create a new character and get it to level 11 to unlock the doff system.
  • Options
    ltminns wrote: »
    Well they have another sink coming up with the Item Upgrade Weekend. Those sinks put Fleet Holdings to shame. ;)

Here is another useless item to put into the Dilithium Store for insane prices. More different colored EV Suits.

Forget about Racial Traits and making them all the freaking same. Don't you think somebody from some Race would exhibit some ability that most others from their Race doesn't have. Makes them special, someone who would have gone into this because they excelled, had that higher calling so to speak. Instead we have Cryptic just acceding to a bland profile, believing that only certain races know anything about effectively performing in Space Combat. Why did these Officers aspire to the Stars - so they can all be ground pounders?

Item upgrade weekend. I forgot about that. Derp. People are hoarding their dil for now, with is causing zen sellers to drop their price. /facepalm moment on my part
  • Options
    meimeitoo wrote: »

Two stupids don't make a right: 2k Dil for 1 consumable (regular) battery is insane.

3 lefts make a right actually.

Umm........

Let's see. What would a fair price be that is reasonable?

100 dilithium for ship/ground consumables, 200 dil for the team versions and special ground devices including consumable combat pets. A pack of 10 combat pets would be discounted at 1,500 dil (150 dil each). This means it would cost 2,000 dil for a stack of 20 ship batteries. If you spend a lot of time in the Badlands, or Dyson Sphere ground battlezone, you could easily go through multiple stacks of consumables. At 40k dil for a stack, it isn't worth it, but at 2k a stack it could be.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Hmm...... 77 zen at 491, 14 zen at 382, 5k at 380. (It went back up to about 390 while posting this) I wonder if someone is buying zen then relisting it at a loss to force the prices to go down. Rather odd indeed.

Hmmm........Something I forgot to mention was the sell zen tab. There were large gaps in the prices instead of it being incremental (for example: 365, 366, 372, 374, etc. -not exact but you get the idea), and the highest buy order at that time was around 20 dil per zen less than the lowest sell order.

Soon after I mentioned it here the price was dropping fast and in large chunks, things changed. Quickly all sell orders below 400 dil per zen were gone, just plain bought up. Earlier there, when I posted, there was around 20,600 zen at 400 dil each. When it quickly shot back up to 400, there was over 50k zen at 400 dil each for a little while. Buy orders went incrimental, starting at 399 or 398 and going down 1 dil at a time with a few hundred dil at each increment. For a couple hours now it's been stuck at 400, and 399, dil per zen and seems to have come to a complete trickle, only going down 1 dil at a time, with a little zen that sells quickly.

Screenshot%2059_zpsp4q9gxsa.png~original

Based on my recent observations, I'd say the dil/zen exchange is being manipulated, to keep the price high and not allow it to go down at a fast rate. It just doesn't make sense that so soon after I mention it on the forums, suddenly the price shoots back up and stays there. Screenshot in above post: almost 9,854 zen at 356 dil each, then in a span of about an hour or so, the whole thing shot back up to 400 dil even.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »

No, it isn't. It's just unnecessary. I doubt anyone ever bought them for lobi, and I doubt anyone will buy them for dilithium. The game is simply too easy.

Personally, I never even use the free batteries that drop from enemies. Loading them into the device slot is more work than it's worth.
  • Options
    starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User

Ah I hate to see this happen That is my Favorite mission