Options

I know it's slim...but Legacy ships can fit well now

daedalus304daedalus304 Member Posts: 1,049 Arc User

I'd absolutely kill for a Proxima class Battleship

latest?cb=20130617225518

and a yorktown class

latest?cb=20150207190405

if they were available to buy in game.

I know Legacy wasn't popular for many people, but I always have fond memories about the game itself. and it was the first large ship game I was ever able to play that I was interested in the series.

so does anyone else have any ships they'd like to see in game from Legacy?

Comments

• Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    I'd absolutely kill for a Proxima class Battleship

latest?cb=20130617225518

and a yorktown class

latest?cb=20150207190405

if they were available to buy in game.

I know Legacy wasn't popular for many people, but I always have fond memories about the game itself. and it was the first large ship game I was ever able to play that I was interested in the series.

so does anyone else have any ships they'd like to see in game from Legacy?

Legacy ships is not actually a slim chance of happening, it's rather none since Cryptic needs to negotiate a license to even have the ships put into the game.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    Depends on what cbs owns. The ships and designs maybe owend by cbs/paramount
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    I often wonder if CBS controls the rights to various video game ships or not. It seems rather silly if they don't. 'This content is ours' seems like a fairly basic rider in the contracts, since its not like the game studio could ever use them again without CBS's blessing. And it would help unify the brand being able to allow various properties to cross-reference.
  • Options
    nikeix wrote: »
    I often wonder if CBS controls the rights to various video game ships or not. It seems rather silly if they don't. 'This content is ours' seems like a fairly basic rider in the contracts, since its not like the game studio could ever use them again without CBS's blessing. And it would help unify the brand being able to allow various properties to cross-reference.

from what I can tell, Bethesda still owns the rights to legacy, but CBS has full rights to use the concepts in whatever they wish. so it is possible, if CBS want's to bother with the paperwork.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,045 Community Moderator
    I actually thought one of the ships from the '09 Star Trek was a Proxima.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I actually thought one of the ships from the '09 Star Trek was a Proxima.

yea I remember that, it was right before the fleet went to vulcan. I think it was a proxima, just with an extra bridging between its nacelles.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    From what I remember, even if CBS Studios owns the designs to starships from other Star Trek games, they have an agreement with Cryptic that original ship designs need to be done in-house.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I had a mod back in the day that made the yorktown look more like a connie, liked it better that way
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    I will be blunt people, even if they did add legacy ships like yorktown or proxima it would be put into a legacy box BUY KEYS!!