test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Which expansion do you think was STOs best?

2»

Comments

• darkenviousdarkenvious Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    Legacy of Romulus
    I liked both Delta Rising and Legacy of Romulus, now if I really had to choose it would be Legacy of Romulus. Legacy of Romulus is exactly how a faction expansion should have been in my opinion, course I bought the full pack for the Delta Rising instead of the pack for Legacy of Romulus.

Agent of Yesterday I am on the fence, I am not happy with it. I was hoping for more missions/episodes than the 6 that we got and I was also hoping that we could have stayed in the 23rd century instead of going to the 25th century where everything is at now.

I would like to be able to return to the 23rd century and the ESD as often as we can, like we can return to the ESD in the 25th century as often as we want and when we want. If they add more 23rd century missions like the first 6 was in AoY then I might change my mind on AoY until then I am in the middle and feel AoY is just meh could be so much better

on a side note I do really like the Enterprise J in AoY
  • darkenviousdarkenvious Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    Legacy of Romulus
    bengahl wrote: »
    Bit hard to say, after getting a Glimpse of the Ent-J though? kiiinda takes points off of AoY's quality, just looks unfinished if you ask me. :P

that is exactly how the enterprise J looks like, you even see an image of the enterprise j, when Daniels brings Archer back to the future during the series of Enterprise
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Agents of Yesterday
    Legacy of Romulus: Nice expansion back then but didn’t had much to offer if you don’t like Romulans.

Delta Rising: I don’t want to think about it.

Agents of Yesterday: Big party time for everybody who loves star trek and wants to celebrate the franchise’s 50th anniversary in a videogame the best way possible. Also big thanks for issuing a recruitment event with some nice grind counters for our accs. Fun is back for me in STO!
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    Legacy of Romulus
    Legacy of Romulus: Nice expansion back then but didn’t had much to offer if you don’t like Romulans.

Agents of Yesterday: Big party time for everybody who loves star trek and wants to celebrate the franchise’s 50th anniversary in a videogame the best way possible. Also big thanks for issuing a recruitment event with some nice grind counters for our accs. Fun is back for me in STO!

Didn't LoR add in a bunch of KDF content, too?

Everyone knows what DR was/is, and all but the most rabid Cryptic supporter wasn't happy with it.

AoY is an entire "expansion" based around a massive disincentive to play anything other than Federation content. Even the "content" amount is lacking. It's poorly implemented, as well- in my opinion.
  • lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    All equally good
    I'm crazy in terms of this I enjoyed every single thing in this game, I guess I am insane or something. Even though Delta Rising was slightly annoying in terms of the reaction from the creators... But besides that I loved the content throughout the 23c Character Levelin' Experience, I got to lv60 in like 4 days.

Wish there was a /played thing in terms of IN-GAME. So you can see how long you've played your character in terms of the game.

I am a pretty hard core grinder... so anything to get my mind off of something else I require to do is a welcome sight and this character is definitely one.

As well, the only barrier I got is the lack of Doff slots on my character I am using since I think the optimal Doff Slots is like 300?
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
    Agents of Yesterday
    sinn74 wrote: »

Didn't LoR add in a bunch of KDF content, too?

Everyone knows what DR was/is, and all but the most rabid Cryptic supporter wasn't happy with it.

AoY is an entire "expansion" based around a massive disincentive to play anything other than Federation content. Even the "content" amount is lacking. It's poorly implemented, as well- in my opinion.

Hm I think the nimbus thingy was attached to LoR too. And yea I know at some point some KDF levels where adjusted but don’t remember when it was (so that kdf would not start at lvl 20 anymore if I remember correctly).

I think the discussion what’s the better release between AoY and LoR is really difficult because it so much depends on personal preferences. The current one simply rocks for me in its own way but I surely understand that a lot of players had a bigger excitement over LoR.
    animated.gif
  • sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Legacy of Romulus
    I think the discussion what’s the better release between AoY and LoR is really difficult because it so much depends on personal preferences.
    Well, which expansion do you think was best for the game? More content, more additions overall? Otherwise, it's just "what expansion did you like best?" ....which may be what was intended, who knows. I looked at it as addressing shortcomings, which LoR did spectacularly, DR asked for money from, and AoY ignores entirely. /shrug
    edited July 2016
    Agents of Yesterday
    sinn74 wrote: »
    I think the discussion what’s the better release between AoY and LoR is really difficult because it so much depends on personal preferences.
    Well, which expansion do you think was best for the game? More content, more additions overall? Otherwise, it's just "what expansion did you like best?" ....which may be what was intended, who knows. I looked at it as addressing shortcomings, which LoR did spectacularly, DR asked for money from, and AoY ignores entirely. /shrug

Best for the game? Then I also go with AoY. Best for game means attract new players while at least keep the old ones. While the new ones should get excited with the thematic aspects of 50 years of Star Trek this year (from 60's TOS to the new films of the current decade) old ones get at least plenty of new stuff to do until next season.

I think the recruitment event from AoY also has some nice behind the curtains DR repair mechanisms introduced which are good for the game and the players as well. The acc rewards are simply substantial and help me out a great deal with my 9 (now 10) toons. Roll a single AoY means 1,5 reps of choice done with all toons on my acc plus mk13 ur gear from reps forever.

Considering that LoR rushed out the nukara rep with zippo new content to fill it this one is really nice. You can basically choose to go for the new rep if u like to or just klick auto-fill.
    Post edited by peterconnorfirst on
    animated.gif
  • pulserazorpulserazor Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    bengahl wrote: »
    Bit hard to say, after getting a Glimpse of the Ent-J though? kiiinda takes points off of AoY's quality, just looks unfinished if you ask me. :P

that is exactly how the enterprise J looks like, you even see an image of the enterprise j, when Daniels brings Archer back to the future during the series of Enterprise

While the J indeed had a low vertical profile in "Enterprise" it didn't look 2 dimensional. The J in STO looks pathetic. Cryptic didn't do themselves any favors by rendering it the way they did. It looks like a slip of paper. If it were up to me, and that is the best I could do, I wouldn't have done it at all.

Cryptic's rendering of Enterprise J is just terrible.
  • lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    All equally good
    @Reyan01 Yeah that seems funny they would do that...

The J is definitely lackluster mostly because it isn't really moving when in the show I think it was? Mostly when it was first shown I think in Enterprise. lol
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)