test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What no tribble play test reward?, and other musings.

jtoon74jtoon74 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
Firstly what it says in the title and secondly before people use the honour of beta testing those missions, i would like to say whilst some of the important bugs have been sorted (not all), alot of the other stuff hasn't IE, Tharsi is still a moron, Flores suddenly growing hair when you first encounter the Taurian tribal, the fact that their is a Taurian just standing in the middle of the screen who clearly shouldn't be in the scene, a new one for me is during the fight on return to your ship, crew members just wonder around as normal and Mears, Tharsi and that Crewwoman who is supposed to help you do nothing at all.

Comments

• duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    If you help someone while having a reward in mind, you weren't really helping them in the first place. You were just carrying out an undisclosed business transaction. :p
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • vendahravendahra Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    The reward is you get a sneak peek at new content.
  • orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    They haven't rewarded for tribble testing for a long time now.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    orondis wrote: »
    They haven't rewarded for tribble testing for a long time now.

This... Last time we got an actual Tribble reward was when Nukara was released if memory serves.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    They stopped doing this many years ago...

I guess they found it didn't really help - people probably just logged in for whatever minimum requirement they gave, did nothing, reported nothing, and left.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • freightstopperfreightstopper Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    vendahra wrote: »

You mean you get to spend hours figuring out how and why bugs are happening on a test server only to see most of them make it onto the live server.

No cutscene so new character stuck right after making them - check.

Enemies standing around while you kill them and all their friends - check.

Graphics glitches on ground maps (wall sections vanishing unless you stand in the right spot, mostly) - check.

Picture of wrong person when you are being talked to - check.

Lip-sync wrong so the NPCs looks like they are either mumbling or trying to dislodge something stuck in their teeth (not going to go into the list of NPCs with the wrong teeth, anyone want a spiky-ferengi-toothed-human-female?) - check.

No toggle for the 'FilmGrain' effect so you don't have to see all the effort they put into some really awesome graphics made to look 'meh' - check.

Still getting shot through walls by enemies? - check.

Welcomed by the helpful tutorial computer voice as a delta recruit - check.

Had how many people running story missions on new AoY characters since last night and the special event bar is still at 0%?

No higher ranks or rarities of new kit modules, so you either don't get to use them again or stuck with using white mark 1s.

No explanation of what the difference is between 23c and normal bridge officer abilities, (yeah, I know, I expected a miracle) is it just cosmetics / sound effects or what?

Had a nice, friendly Orion lady talk about a completely different mission while trying to save a freighter - check.

Had your ship disappear during it's final moments - check.

Had your character disappear during the final AoY cutscene - check.
  • jtoon74jtoon74 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    vendahra wrote: »

You mean you get to spend hours figuring out how and why bugs are happening on a test server only to see most of them make it onto the live server.

No cutscene so new character stuck right after making them - check.

Enemies standing around while you kill them and all their friends - check.

Graphics glitches on ground maps (wall sections vanishing unless you stand in the right spot, mostly) - check.

Picture of wrong person when you are being talked to - check.

Lip-sync wrong so the NPCs looks like they are either mumbling or trying to dislodge something stuck in their teeth (not going to go into the list of NPCs with the wrong teeth, anyone want a spiky-ferengi-toothed-human-female?) - check.

No toggle for the 'FilmGrain' effect so you don't have to see all the effort they put into some really awesome graphics made to look 'meh' - check.

Still getting shot through walls by enemies? - check.

Welcomed by the helpful tutorial computer voice as a delta recruit - check.

Had how many people running story missions on new AoY characters since last night and the special event bar is still at 0%?

No higher ranks or rarities of new kit modules, so you either don't get to use them again or stuck with using white mark 1s.

No explanation of what the difference is between 23c and normal bridge officer abilities, (yeah, I know, I expected a miracle) is it just cosmetics / sound effects or what?

Had a nice, friendly Orion lady talk about a completely different mission while trying to save a freighter - check.

Had your ship disappear during it's final moments - check.

Had your character disappear during the final AoY cutscene - check.

This was really one of my points, we tested and reported, Devs seemed to have come to the conclusion, meh.