test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Thoughts/Feedback on the New Temporal Specialization Tree and Boff Skills

rck01rck01 Member Posts: 808 Arc User
Looking for feedback on the new Temporal spec tree and Boff skills. I just finished out the Strategist tree before the new season dropped and I'm wondering how others plan to integrate these new capabilities into their builds.

For example:

1. I currently run Pilot and Strategist trees in PvP - the former for the resists/immunities, the latter for the passive hull/shield boosts, CD reduction and, of course, Counter Offensive. I'm still not sure how much better off I'll be (if at all) by running the Temporal tree, especially in a PvP context. I can't imagine dropping Pilot as primary anytime soon, so it comes down to Strategist vs. Temporal as a secondary selection. I guess I'm wondering what's the upside to choosing Temporal for a player like myself?

2. Those new Boff powers look interesting, but it'll be a while before we know for sure how well they'll work in combat, especially PvP. So far I've resisted moving to a T6 ship because my experience with Intel/Command powers wasn't all that compelling (OSS was nice when I played with it on the Anniversary ship, but far from a killer feature). In fact, I've yet to see a ship that has inspired me to consider dumping my T5-U R'Mor (Temporal Science Ship). The Daemosh looked good for a while but I've yet to be killed by one 1v1 (plus, no backstep). I fear the most likely corollary to my R'Mor, the new "Eternal" class, will be equally disappointing. It's already slower/turns more poorly, and in PvP movement = life, so....

Anyway, curious what others are thinking, especially those who partake in PvP as science captains and/or own a T5-U Temporal Science ship. It almost feels like they made the old "Wells Class" a bit too strong. It just doesn't want to die gracefully, and all of its supposed "replacements" keep coming up short. :)

RCK - a.k.a. "Evul Jacob"

Comments

• Options
    odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    I like what im seeing so far with the Temporal Spec..

As a fellow Wells pilot I have done 1v1 matches with the Chornos and the new abilities have promise (most do some form of shield ignoring physical damage). Anomaly Leach (Spec passive) is fun when your using say Tykens...Follows cruisers :D. I eagerly await the Temporal Rep gear and weapons. Weapons Proc is a stack-able 60sec speed boost (Very nice on a Wells:D). The set (at least my last tribble notes on it) was near perfect for a sci vessel. It even had the trajector jump that the Delt warp core has..

The Molecular Reconstruction ability..Is gonna take some use to so I wont say if its awesome or not..But it is interesting..

If we get a T6 Wells with Cmdr Temporal and Pilot...Look out!

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    I'm enjoying all the nice science boosts from the spec. I don't have energy weapons to benefit from some of it so those I can't comment on but the mobile anomaly passive buffs are good fun!
    Nothing like having your mega-grav well follow the hapless foes trying to escape it!

And that "get out of jail free" T5 ability seems like it could be really quite useful at times.

As for ships, I'm running all of this on a Daemosh. I find it perfect for the science role and having a battle cloak is a big help for the "oh TRIBBLE" moments when you realise that the whole map wants you dead.
    But I'm saving up for a Wells now they are more accessible, so be interesting to see other points of view.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    borgresearcherborgresearcher Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    the spec is great :) but tanks less than the others, and i miss rock n roll ... there are just 2 things i would change, entropic redistribution, which is too powerfull for the low cooldown it has, and cold fusion flash, the new science kit, it deals 5x more damage than hyperonic radiation and cant be removed, it can crit for 1k tics :/
  • Options
    e30erneste30ernest Member Posts: 1,794 Arc User
    The new spec as it stands now has the potential to be the new meta for FAW/CSV DPS builds. It's really good.