test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"23rd Century" boff powers

So am I missing something about these 'special' (23c.) version boff powers?
Are they only buy-able at 23c ESD? When I got no EC on a new toon?
Or is there a way to buy them after I go to 2410?
Is there any point to having them?

Comments

• Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    So am I missing something about these 'special' (23c.) version boff powers?
    Are they only buy-able at 23c ESD? When I got no EC on a new toon?
    Or is there a way to buy them after I go to 2410?
    Is there any point to having them?

I was wondering that myself. They (or at least some of them) have different FX and it'd be nice to have the TOS characters able to grab them.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    Once you have your shuttle, you can go to the shuttle bridge and access your account bank. (If you have one) Transfer enough funds to buy the 23c stuff you want.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    is it just on screen fx for these skills? cause the hypos are weaker than the regular ones.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    hippiejon wrote: »
    Once you have your shuttle, you can go to the shuttle bridge and access your account bank. (If you have one) Transfer enough funds to buy the 23c stuff you want.

Guess I'll have to reroll my AoY toon then. :# Thankfully, it doesn't take too long to get to 2410 again.
  • Options
    cross821cross821 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    yeah i'm not rerolling, we should have the power to get 23rdc boffs when we want them. they need to fix this
  • Options
    cross821 wrote: »
    yeah i'm not rerolling, we should have the power to get 23rdc boffs when we want them. they need to fix this

Boffs are purchased with dilithium, which playing the episodes gives you enough to purchase (probably) the ones you want before going to 2410.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I can think of at least one that's a different rank. The Photon Grenade Turret. The simple fact it's ens level makes it useful. I can't think of any others that are diff ranks.
    Boffs are purchased with dilithium, which playing the episodes gives you enough to purchase (probably) the ones you want before going to 2410.
    Yeah, some things about this are kinda weird. :/ Hmmm Maybe I'll dress my Intel Delta Boffs in TOS outfits? :p
    Guess I'll have to reroll my AoY toon then. :# Thankfully, it doesn't take too long to get to 2410 again.
    I could mail you a few. They're only 250 ec each.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    I still have a toon in TOS time frame. If you can wait till tomorrow @dracounguis , like Mark , I can buy you training manuals and other things and mail them to you.
  • Options
    christopher082christopher082 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I tried and failed to find TOS boffs and manuals on 2410 ESD, so I created a temp character to buy them on 23rd ESD and put them into my account bank, but the 240dil boffs were/are character bound. If you want this stuff, your only option might be to reroll. I didn't try the manuals, though.
  • Options

Why? you can go back to the 23rd Century later... no need to re-roll
  • Options
    Uh... can you?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    ioneonioneon Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    I too would love to know if we can ever get back to the 23rd century to pick up any of those missed items.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    tigeraries wrote: »

Why? you can go back to the 23rd Century later... no need to re-roll

really? Cause guess the ONE 23rd cent mission w/o a lit replay button. Yep the one to ESD. And trying to replay the others simply has you move to the right spot on the 2410 map.
  • Options
    plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    Those 23c boff powers from the vendor are bound on pickup :(
  • Options
    nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    Post dil for sale with old toon, take down sale, leave dil. Log on with AoY toon, withdraw dil from that exchange, buy what you need.

Also, can't you access your acct bank from the ready room of your bridge? You shouldn't need a shuttle.
  • Options
    jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    im just about to play the final episode in the 23rd century and managed to buy the 23rdc bridge officers as many as i could once the server patch update is complete im gonna try and get the 23rdc gear if i can ^^
  • Options
    Dangit... :/
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    Bloody hell i missed that vendor entirely and my tr is already in.the 25th
  • Options
    sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    You know what, in retrospect, 23rd century players should absolutely have had the ability to zone into the TOS-era ESD when simply at the Sol System in Sector Space. Like, that should have been an option for them right off the bat, cuz we're already time traveling agents.
    Hrm.
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User

I hope this changes soon, or that at the very least a TOS faction only vendor is added to ESD so we can buy them that way. In the mean time, I'll go dig my torch and pitchfork out of the closet :#

Also, off topic, this beith my two thousandth post, I needs to find myself a life :)
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    It makes absolutely no sense to have the unique items be limited to the tutorial and then never see them again and no possiblity for 23c characters to ever return to ESD. What a waste of assets for an hour of gameplay.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    really? Cause guess the ONE 23rd cent mission w/o a lit replay button. Yep the one to ESD. And trying to replay the others simply has you move to the right spot on the 2410 map.

later on you have a mission to go back to the 23rd cent... and I dont mean the replay function. I assume you can then travel back to ESD then... that seems to be the most logical feature. They did say there was more missions than the 6 in this expansion and that you will be traveling back and forth... why else would you have T2 to T5 TOS ships? /shrug
  • Options
    kamuii2kamuii2 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Other than the fx they arent that much better.
  • Options
    cross821cross821 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    kamuii2 wrote: »

You want them without having to work for them. Another entitled fed.

Please kiddo. I'm all ready level 17 and back with my fleet and building things up. Now if the stuff was not bind on pick up i would make a quick throw away char and get the items.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    kamuii2 wrote: »
    Other than the fx they arent that much better.

FX is everything when your trying to stick to a certain aesthetic for one particular toon.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    Shouldn't TOS captains be able to craft these training manuals? I'm not too familiar with doing that in the first place though and mine is not leveled high enough to even check that yet.
  • Options
    sorceror01 wrote: »
    You know what, in retrospect, 23rd century players should absolutely have had the ability to zone into the TOS-era ESD when simply at the Sol System in Sector Space. Like, that should have been an option for them right off the bat, cuz we're already time traveling agents.
    Hrm.
    Yeah, TOS sector space seems a bit wasted if we can never go back. :/
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    philchapphilchap Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    So I'm fixing to do the Battle of Caleb IV do i need to go grad anything want now or after?
  • Options
    christopher082christopher082 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Philchap, I suggest you load up your TOS toon with the 23rd century Boffs and manuals BEFORE Caleb IV. I don't believe their is an after. While I hope they add a way to get them in 2410, I wouldn't rely on it.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    It's really ridiculous (IMO) that they create a 23rd century faction that HAS time Travel as it's main backstory - yet remember s of said faction have NO WAY to return to the 23rd century if they want to get equipment/boffs/boff skills AFTER they hit Level 10.

I guess the Lead Designer really must dislike the TOS era as:

- The nauseating 'film grain effect that you have no option to disable

- Only 6 missions IN the actual faction era

- No way to return to the 23rd century to get gear or skills AFTER Level 10 (oh, that's right everyone in STO is a vet and will have lots of EC and Dil that they can transfer (but only if they go to their Bridge and have a shared bank available because there's NO BANK console or NPC on the 23rd century ESD).

Why are the Devs bothering to claim this is to bring new players to STO because if I WAS a new player and decided to start my main as a 23c faction character; in addition to try to learn the game I'd be PISSED that all the higher level gear I saw in the 23c Space Gear NPC couldn't be bought (because I can't go back even though I'm now supposed to be a time traveling temporal agent) when I'm at the appropriate level.

Does the Lead Designer of STO even bother to think things like this through when designing new content for a new faction? Doesn't seem like it.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."