What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

P-jem temporal probe ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    invisibletrekkerinvisibletrekker Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    The probes do not always appear in the same place.
  • Options
    jazzabell2jazzabell2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    i been around the map 10 times i still cant find it
  • Options
    jheinigjheinig Member Posts: 364 Cryptic Developer
    Most of the probes have several possible locations where they can appear. Typically they are near, but not always directly on, your mission path. They will only appear if you have a Temporal Agent on the mission (with a Temporal Transponder).
  • Options
    triptuckerviitriptuckervii Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    On P'Jem, the Probe was so far from the mission path it took me half an hour to find it. And that was by coincidence.

In Researcher Rescue, there wasn't a Temporal probe mission objective on any of the maps, and didn't seem to be any to begin with.

Hate to say it guys, but your Temporal Probes are somewhat bugged. And even when not, often too hard to locate.
  • Options
    quantum42#9720 quantum42 Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    The probes do not always appear in the same place.

^^ that ^^
    On P'Jem I found it to the right of the structure on top of the hill as well as way down the hill
    off the beaten path next to a big building.
    It's a problem on this particular mission since the area is so wide open.
    I'm just hoping that on multi-planet missions it's always on the same planet.
  • Options
    solvorinsolvorin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Hey all, though this doesn't affect P'jem particularly this is related to the temporal probes and since this thread seems to be the one with dev attention I thought I would post it here.

The temporal probes definitely have some buggy behavior as many others on this thread have already detailed. However, I have yet to see someone mention this bug: in the episode Treasure Trading Station, no mission objective showed for the temporal probe. I was able to find it on top of the docking platforms because it was fairly obvious.

definitelybugged_zpsz1xhwog9.png

On previous episodes such as P'jem I was unable to find the probes as well and that coupled with the Trading Station issue makes me think these probes are definitely bugged.

edit: Ok so this also happened on Secret Orders:

yupbugged_zpslldld1na.png
  • Options
    crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer
    solvorin wrote: »
    Hey all, though this doesn't affect P'jem particularly this is related to the temporal probes and since this thread seems to be the one with dev attention I thought I would post it here.

The temporal probes definitely have some buggy behavior as many others on this thread have already detailed. However, I have yet to see someone mention this bug: in the episode Treasure Trading Station, no mission objective showed for the temporal probe. I was able to find it on top of the docking platforms because it was fairly obvious.

Due to how that mission is structured, the probe does not show up as an objective for you yet. It does show up as an optional objective later in that mission, and it is intended to be at that location.
  • Options
    solvorinsolvorin Member Posts: 2 Arc User

Due to how that mission is structured, the probe does not show up as an objective for you yet. It does show up as an optional objective later in that mission, and it is intended to be at that location.

Hmm that does make sense. Perhaps the probe objective needs to be moved around in order of activation so it shows up on the tracker closer to when the probe actually appears?

Anyway thank you for the response and I'll just second the others here asking for them to show up on tricorder scans:)
  • Options
    teknesiateknesia Member Posts: 860 Arc User

Hmm that does make sense. Perhaps the probe objective needs to be moved around in order of activation so it shows up on the tracker closer to when the probe actually appears?

Anyway thank you for the response and I'll just second the others here asking for them to show up on tricorder scans:)

Nah, the objective doesn't need to be moved, but the probe itself most likely. That way the trigger makes more sense.
    edbf9204-c725-4dab-a35a-46626a4cb978.jpg
  • Options
    dreddrmdreddrm Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    well after 2days of looking im just gonna give up and ignore the temporal agent toon and go back to my regular one was a nice idea but baddly implemented as usual i expected a game to work after a major update when will i learn lol
  • Options
    yanayugi#3666 yanayugi Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    Could those who have found it tell those of us who can't where it's supposed to be? Because vague "Over by that house, somewhere"-type descriptions doesn't really help on a cluttered map like P'Jem with all the dang jungle.

BIG EDIT!

I finally found it! It's at the bottom of the hill AFTER you confront the Undine and engage a group of klingons. See the image below...

MzJA9HN.jpg

Why are you still wearing your 23rd century uniforms? You're supposed to be blending in. :)
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User

Is it intentional or a bug that probes do not show up on your tricorder or on the main map (until after you find them)?

On a large map like Kuva'magh this is NOT fun. Either the probe is sometimes not spawning at all or it is spawning away from any reasonable location.

I went through twice without finding it: it was not near any of the 7 injured colonists, the crates, the enemies, the spacial charges, the paths. It did not show up on the main map, and if it spawned it did not spawn close enough to any of those locations to show on the minimap.
  • Options
    nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User

Is it intentional or a bug that probes do not show up on your tricorder or on the main map (until after you find them)?

On a large map like Kuva'magh this is NOT fun. Either the probe is sometimes not spawning at all or it is spawning away from any reasonable location.
    They do show on mini map as a neutral NPC dot. Which is still not much help in either P'jem or Kuav'magh maps...

Another rather unpleasant one is "Operation Gamma" - not only it's a huge space map with lots of nooks and crannies, objects that make the NPC dot difficult to identify, etc... It also has two parts separated buy a loading screen. and the probe is in the main part, but the objective is added in the one with the beacon you need to scan. Which is quite confusing -- you warp in see a probe objective, no probe and an option to go on with no way to return...

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User

re-posting this link to help others