test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Beam Barrage not affecting the Experimental Proton Weapon

emerald381emerald381 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
I just observed that the Experimental Proton Weapon does not benefit from Beam Barrage. Since according to the tooltip: "The engineers responsible for this weapon have advised starship captains to think of this weapon as both a cannon and a beam as it has properties of both.", I assume this is a bug. Of course, if this is working as intended, I apologize in advance. I am running the 3-piece Protonic Arsenal, in case that matters.

Comments

• Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    I believe it's working as intended, because if memory serves the Experimental Proton weapon is actually classed as a canon. So it won't be buffed by the Beam barrage trait.​​
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    emerald381emerald381 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Thanks sqwished - I think you are probably correct. If you try to upgrade the EPW, it only takes Cannon upgrades (not Beam). My guess is that they had to classify the weapon as one or the other, even though the description says it is a combination of both beam/cannon and it can run with Beam Fire at Will with the Protonic Arsenal 2-piece. It'd be nice if the Devs could extend the functionality of the weapon to work with the beam traits and powers as well, but that's more of a request than a bug report :smile: