test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ZEN Store purchases are not working. FRUSTRATING that I missed the sale.

ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
I've had nothing but trouble this weekend trying to make a purchase. Made three attempts at $200 purchases:
  1. The first one went through on my normal VISA I use monthly, was approved by my CC but due to a technical glitch is 'not being processed by Cryptic' but the amount was deducted from my credit card.
  2. The second on Card #2 was rejected as 'problem with the card'. I called my bank and there's nothing wrong with the card.
  3. After getting an email from support, the apologized and said it was their fault and to retry - so I tried the VISA again only to have a 'card error' come up. After 20 minutes with my bank - there's nothing wrong with my card or account.

What frustrates me is I'm trying to give you hundreds of dollars to take advantage of the sales and there is NO method for me to do it or to contact ANYONE. Your contact support chat is 'offline due to volume'. There is NO contact number. I can't use prepaid cards - no canadian retailer in western Canada is selling them anymore. I can't use Skrill because of how they process test payments - they do a random small amount, and you verify to activate your purchase. Problem is, it's in US and the temp transaction value is in CDN - so the test values don't match and you can't see the actual pending value.

So I've missed out on the sale value for ZEN and the 20% discount on keys. When you look at the $$ value, it's not chicken feed.

I get it's a holiday weekend. I get you guy don't spend what's necessary on support.

You don't want my money ;(

Lootcritter

Comments

• Options
    tigrovaya13akulatigrovaya13akula Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    Same problem here too. AND I'm in the US. I made a purchase of $100 US two days before the sale. Tried SEVERAL times to make a $200 US payment on the SECOND day of the zen sale, and I'm running into the same problem. Nothing wrong or reported to/by VISA or my bank.

I guess Cryptic/PWE doesn't want our money.
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    Ignoring the Customer Service Cut & Paste suggestions - I completely ignored ARC and logged in via a normal secure browser. It finally worked.

What frustrates me is that like you I missed the sale because I was instructed to use ARC. That's UTTER TRIBBLE. My mantra was 'customer service is ok, and you should use ARC' to I don't trust them now. 2 charges on my credit card, one of which 'may be refunded in 3-10 business days'.

Great game. Great Content. Complete idiots when it comes to financial transactions. IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ONE PART OF YOUR SYSTEM - TAKE IT OFFLINE AND POINT TO AN ALTERNATIVE.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Yeah....reading posts like this (which is much more common than I would prefer about a company that does business on the internet), makes me hesitate about making electronic transactions with PWE or Cryptic. At all.

So, I won't do it, unless I start seeing less of it.

PWE and Cryptic....get your act together.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin