test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE MAINTENANCE AND RELEASE NOTES - JUNE 27, 2016

coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
Tribble has been updated to: ST.64.20160618a.6.

*Only Gold and Lifetime Account players can access Tribble to view the new Agents of Yesterday content*

General:
  • Description of [Amp] modifier has been updated to more accurately reflect the mechanics
  • Resolved an issue where Female Trill were having their legs disappear when putting on the Hammock Swimsuit.
  • Updates have been made to all the new Agents of Yesterday cutscenes.
  • Updates made to the VO throughout the new Agents of Yesterday content.
  • Updated TOS icons throughout Agents of Yesterday content.
  • "Tactical" department Federation NPCs are now all wearing Gold, as is appropriate to the TOS-era.
  • Resolved an issue where TOS Captains for a Lt. Commander ship twice.
  • Resolved an issue where KDF captains could not replay Terminal Expanse.
  • Resolved an issue where Federation and KDF captains could nto Transwarp to sector space for “The Once and Future Agent”.
  • Updated Terminal Expanse to be a level 40 episode.
  • The Terran 1 shorts color choices now match Terran 2.
  • Resolved an issue where several species were missing legs when wearing the Terran shorts.
  • TOS Federation transport FX now have correct timing.
  • EV Suits may no longer be activated on the ground map at Galorndon Core
  • Resolved an issue that was preventing TOS-Federation characters from being able to use the Federation Combat Environmental Suit (First Contact - Vet reward)
  • The free TOS-era environment suits given out during the mission now has a different appearance from the special upgraded version contained in the Temporal Agent Bundle.
  • Return to Babel:
    • Resolved an issue where progress was blocked during the “To Secure Peace” step.
    • Resolved an issue where this episode could not be replayed.
    • Resolved an issue where the initial briefing cutscene played at the end of the episode.

Systems:
  • Temporal Captain Specialization:
    • Entropic Rider and Imminent Decay - Increased damage by 100% of previous value - Increased duration from 5sec to 10sec
    • Resolved an issue that was causing Omega Kinetic Shearing's damage over time effect to not be subject to resists.
  • Temporal Bridge Officer:
    • Channeled Deconstruction - Reduced duration from 15 sec to 10 sec
    • Entropy added every 2 sec instead of every 3 sec .
    • Increased damage by approx 200% of previous values Entropic Cascade
      • Each damage tick is per 1sec, instead of per 2sec (ticks twice as fast)
      • Reduced base damage (primary and secondary) by 20%, to offset faster periodic rate Entropic Redistribution
      • Increased damage dealt to primary target by 50% (Bonus from Entropy unchanged)
    • Causal Reversion - Base Healing and Additional Healing are both now affected by AuxScaling, which will be reflected as a 33% drop in effectiveness @ 50 Aux Power
      • Base Healing values have also been increased by ~68% (Entropy/Foe scaling unchanged)
      • All ranks now also cleanse all hostile DOT and Entropy effects from self for 5sec
    • Entropic Contagion - Each damage tick is per 1sec, instead of per 2sec (ticks twice as fast)
      • Damage has not been reduced on this ability, despite this change
    • Chronometric Inversion Field will now correctly trigger Control Amplification on affected foes
  • TOS-era ESD now has TOS-era Bridge Manuals for sale at the Boff Trainer.
  • TOS-era Training Manuals are now Bind-on-Pickup
  • Resolved a text error in the Dyson Reputation Unlock Tiers that indicated you only get to "Choose One" of the abilities at each unlock tier.
  • Resolved an issue where Predictive Decay Algorithms and Temporal Flux Dissipators were not affecting Tyken's Rift and Gravity Well
  • Omega Kinetic Shearing (Reputation T2) now uses the pre-resistance damage values to calculate the Damage-Over-Time effect, instead of post-resistance.
  • Added wording to long description of Omega Kinetic Shearing (Reputation T2) and Concentrate Firepower (Command Boff) that clarifies how their additional damage is calculated, and that it is not subject to additional damage buffs.

Known Issues:
  • The TOS Captains and missions are all a work in progress.
  • Babel cannot be completed at this time.

Comments

• frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    There were quite a few animation errors noted in this thread:

Feedback Thread for Animation Related Issues

Any word on whether these will be fixed before "Agents of Yesterday" goes live?
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer
    frtoaster wrote: »
    There were quite a few animation errors noted in this thread:

Feedback Thread for Animation Related Issues

Any word on whether these will be fixed before "Agents of Yesterday" goes live?

Cutscenes:

Probably. Hard for me to know, especially without specifics.

Seductive stance:

Fixed in next Tribble patch.

Lip Synching:

Being worked on.

Running posture:

I've been unable to reproduce this issue; but I was looking at a build that was a few days newer than Tribble. I had been seeing it before then; so it might be fixed on this patch.

Issues with Captain Garret:

WIP

Thoughtful:

Same as the running posture; it looked fine to me; but my build was a few days newer than the Tribble patch at the time.

Emotes:

All now function (next Tribble patch), except Roll Dice (which I'm told was always just a chat emote).

Any other issues I've passed on; but am uncertain as to the status of:
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    So, no TOS-themed EV suit for Lifers?
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • zebulongileszebulongiles Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    I like the update to the ground scanning animation for TOS characters, now shows you which direction scanable items are. :)
  • zebulongileszebulongiles Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Any TOS themed Veteran Awards will likely come at some point after the release of Agents of Yesterday. Happened the same way when the Romulan Republic was released.

edit: on my TOS character at level 6 at least, I'm not able to select Bridge Officers for the Standard Away Team. No problem selecting Ship Stations though.
  • kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 695 Arc User
    TOS Federation transport FX now have correct timing.

Yay!!
    Resolved an issue that was preventing TOS-Federation characters from being able to use the Federation Combat Environmental Suit (First Contact - Vet reward)

Also yay -- though, like others, I do wonder if we'll be getting a unique TOS vet reward somewhere down the line.

I gotta say, you folks are just crushing it with all these bug fixes. At this rate, you may yet prove me wrong about that buggy launch. :)
    Crypticspartan, thank you for the update. I am still seeing some issues in the latest Tribble build.

Running posture:

I've been unable to reproduce this issue; but I was looking at a build that was a few days newer than Tribble. I had been seeing it before then; so it might be fixed on this patch.
    I no longer see the "foot in the air" issue, but the transition back to the standing posture is still too abrupt; it happens noticeably quicker on Tribble than on Holodeck.
    You can see the character go through three distinct postures when you stop running:
    • the running posture with one foot in the air
    • the semi-crouched fighting posture
    • the stance you had set in the tailor ("Standard", "Feminine", etc.)
    The transition between these three postures is not smooth.

Thoughtful:

Same as the running posture; it looked fine to me; but my build was a few days newer than the Tribble patch at the time.
    I'm still seeing the hands clip through the hips. Maybe, this bug depends on species or gender. I tested the "Thoughtful" stance on a Vulcan female.
    Also, when they change to the "Thoughtful" stance after jogging or running, the hands clip through the hips.

Emotes:

All now function (next Tribble patch), except Roll Dice (which I'm told was always just a chat emote).
    Does this include C-Store emotes? Millybun said that she couldn't test them, because we don't have access to our C-Store unlocks on Tribble.
    millybun wrote: »
    Special emotes, former c-store emotes and others, I can't test on Tribble as I don't have access to them there currently, so please double-check on those. Specifically, AirGuitar, Bloodwine, Bow, Dance (Ferengi), Dance (Jester), Dance (Shuffle), Frustrated, ItsAFake, Khaan, Pick Me, Shaka, Shoo, and Vulcan Meditation.
    qVpg1km.png
    edited June 2016
    I like the update to the ground scanning animation for TOS characters, now shows you which direction scanable items are. :)

Yeah! Has a really nice look, too -- more subtle, not as garish as the main three factions' scanning effect.
    Crypticspartan, thank you for the update. I am still seeing some issues in the latest Tribble build.

Running posture:

I no longer see the "foot in the air" issue, but the transition back to the standing posture is still too abrupt; it happens noticeably quicker on Tribble than on Holodeck.
    You can see the character go through three distinct postures when you stop running:

Thoughtful:

I'm still seeing the hands clip through the hips. Maybe, this bug depends on species or gender. I tested the "Thoughtful" stance on a Vulcan female.
    Also, when they change to the "Thoughtful" stance after jogging or running, the hands clip through the hips.

Thank you for the detailed report. I will continue to look into those issues.
    Emotes:

Does this include C-Store emotes? Millybun said that she couldn't test them, because we don't have access to our C-Store unlocks on Tribble.
    millybun wrote: »
    Special emotes, former c-store emotes and others, I can't test on Tribble as I don't have access to them there currently, so please double-check on those. Specifically, AirGuitar, Bloodwine, Bow, Dance (Ferengi), Dance (Jester), Dance (Shuffle), Frustrated, ItsAFake, Khaan, Pick Me, Shaka, Shoo, and Vulcan Meditation.

Yes. I have gone through the list of every emote that is in the emote window; including ones such as ItsAFake, Khan, and so on.

Running posture:

Thoughtful:

I believe I have figured out what you are seeing. Thank you for the detailed report and follow-up.
  • themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    Is the TOS Connie's "folding nacelles" bug fixed?
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,404 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    edit: on my TOS character at level 6 at least, I'm not able to select Bridge Officers for the Standard Away Team. No problem selecting Ship Stations though.
    Confirmed at lvl10 as well.

Also:
    TOS Federation transport FX now have correct timing.
    Still not quite right, the loading screen appears when we're mid-tranportation, I can still see my character (transparent, but still present) when it cuts to the loading.
    Post edited by saurializard on
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1

Running posture:

Thoughtful:

I believe I have figured out what you are seeing. Thank you for the detailed report and follow-up.

No problem. Thanks for looking into it.
    qVpg1km.png
  • hoffy1hoffy1 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    1] "Resolved an issue that was causing Omega Kinetic Shearing's damage over time effect to not be subject to resists."

2] "Omega Kinetic Shearing (Reputation T2) now uses the pre-resistance damage values to calculate the Damage-Over-Time effect, instead of post-resistance."

Okay, let me get this straight,
    OKS does not benefit from the boost to DoT since its a % of damage done to hull and as such is not counted as a DoT...
    Eventho the description of OKS states its a DoT, and its constantly referred to as being a DoT in official patch notes etc.
    But now its subject to the DoT resistance? … isn't that measuring with two metric systems? Its either a DoT with the boost + resistance or its not. Its either referred to as a DoT or its not a DoT.

The second part, OKS now uses pre-resistance damage values to calculate the DoT [hence its named DoT, even tho its not benefiting from DoT buffs, but is subject to DoT resistance] instead of post-resistance …. does this mean OKS is not benefiting from debuffing the target?

Kinda sounds like a double nerf-rollover

don't get me wrong here, just pointing out how confusing and cryptic it all is.
  • djmarr1964djmarr1964 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    one simple question will TOS captains ever be able to go back to the 23rd Century ESD after the opening story arc as i like that ESD better than say 25th ESD
    The True King In The North
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    hoffy1 wrote: »
    1] "Resolved an issue that was causing Omega Kinetic Shearing's damage over time effect to not be subject to resists."

2] "Omega Kinetic Shearing (Reputation T2) now uses the pre-resistance damage values to calculate the Damage-Over-Time effect, instead of post-resistance."

OKS does not benefit from the boost to DoT since its a % of damage done to hull and as such is not counted as a DoT...
    Eventho the description of OKS states its a DoT, and its constantly referred to as being a DoT in official patch notes etc.
    But now its subject to the DoT resistance? … isn't that measuring with two metric systems? Its either a DoT with the boost + resistance or its not. Its either referred to as a DoT or its not a DoT.

The second part, OKS now uses pre-resistance damage values to calculate the DoT [hence its named DoT, even tho its not benefiting from DoT buffs, but is subject to DoT resistance] instead of post-resistance …. does this mean OKS is not benefiting from debuffing the target?

I was thinking the same thing. OKS doesn't need to be less effective
    edited June 2016
    djmarr1964 wrote: »
    one simple question will TOS captains ever be able to go back to the 23rd Century ESD after the opening story arc as i like that ESD better than say 25th ESD

Also, it's the only place to buy TOS-faction boffs, which is sadly necessary if you want consistent transporter effects. (ETA: This is assuming, of course, that they fix the problem where you can't slot TOS boffs into your default away team.)
    Post edited by kirimuffin on
    hoffy1 wrote: »

That is not accurate. It is counted as a dot. It does not benefit from the DoT boost because it cannot have its own damage percentage increased, because allowing damage that is a percentage of other damage to have that percentage scaled up would allow things to double-dip on damage buffs; which is a very bad idea. It not having its percentage buffed is entirely separate from it being a dot. The text was added to the power to clarify why this is the case.

The two parts of the patch notes that you are asking about:
    • Resolved an issue that was causing Omega Kinetic Shearing's damage over time effect to not be subject to resists.
    • Omega Kinetic Shearing (Reputation T2) now uses the pre-resistance damage values to calculate the Damage-Over-Time effect, instead of post-resistance.

should be taken in the context of each other.

Previously (on Holodeck); it triggered off of post-resistance damage; and was unresistable. Now; it triggers off of pre-resistance values; and is resistable. In both cases; it benefits exactly once from resistances. These changes occurred because there were two issues with this power Borticus noted looking at it while adding this note to be sure that his description would be accurate:
    • Added wording to long description of Omega Kinetic Shearing (Reputation T2) and Concentrate Firepower (Command Boff) that clarifies how their additional damage is calculated, and that it is not subject to additional damage buffs.

The damage from Omega Kinetic Shearing was setup in a manner that should have meant that it triggered from post-resist damage, but additionally would have been resistable. This was fixed and standardized to be like Concentrate Firepower; which triggers from pre-resist damage but is resistible. However; no part of Omega Kinetic Shearing was set to be resisted when you attempted to resist it; meaning that your resistance had no impact (powers can be setup to be resisted in magnitude, as most damage effects are, in duration, as holds, roots, and similar powers are, both, or neither.) This second bug was also fixed.

The end result of this should be the following things:
    • The power's tooltip should more accurately convey that the percentage of damage dealt cannot be increased and why.
    • The overall performance of this ability should be unchanged or better in all circumstances than it was before these fixes.

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,468 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Captain Garret?

THE captain garret from the "C"? Getting excited here.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    "That is not accurate. It is counted as a dot. It does not benefit from the DoT boost because it cannot have its own damage percentage increased, because allowing damage that is a percentage of other damage to have that percentage scaled up would allow things to double-dip on damage buffs; which is a very bad idea. It not having its percentage buffed is entirely separate from it being a dot. The text was added to the power to clarify why this is the case."

BLAH BLAH BLAH. What a tremendously huge load of BS crypticspartan. YOU cangame that double dip literally everything else in this game to power creep in one way or another. Clearly you don't know your own product and have no idea what you're doing
  • edraconedracon Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    Captain Garret?

No, different captain Garret. This one is male and is voiced by Vic Mignogna, and is in a TOS era uniform, and becomes an admiral. It's possible that Ent C garret is his daughter.
  • darkknightucfdarkknightucf Member Posts: 1,546 Media Corps
    edited June 2016
    "That is not accurate. It is counted as a dot. It does not benefit from the DoT boost because it cannot have its own damage percentage increased, because allowing damage that is a percentage of other damage to have that percentage scaled up would allow things to double-dip on damage buffs; which is a very bad idea. It not having its percentage buffed is entirely separate from it being a dot. The text was added to the power to clarify why this is the case."

BLAH BLAH BLAH. What a tremendously huge load of BS crypticspartan. YOU cangame that double dip literally everything else in this game to power creep in one way or another. Clearly you don't know your own product and have no idea what you're doing

If the changes are to calculate OKS's damage based off of the player-buffed mine/torp PRIOR to shield impact, that alone is a HUGE buff to OKS. See @crypticspartan#0627 --> post on reddit. <--- Click to see for yourself.

The calculations of pre-vs-post resists for unshielded targets would be a nerf IF OKS was *currently* based off of the final damage of the mine/torpedo to hull (which it is not on Holodeck as of last test). The target could be heavily debuffed, and the mine/torpedo could have a final damage that's well into the hundreds of thousands, but OKS would only look at the base damage of the shot and calculate from there. That DOT damage, though, would not be subjected to resists.

Personally, I'd like to see the mine/torpedo damage impact the target post buffs AND resists calculations, and then OKS takes 40% of that damage and then applies said damage over 6 seconds for UNSHIELDED targets, and then default to the proposed changes for shielded targets, but that would be a coding mess, a mechanics, mess, and even after typing it, I see headaches already.

EDIT: Drew more attention to the actual link itself.
    Post edited by darkknightucf on
    @Odenknight | U.S.S. Challenger | "Remember The Seven"
    Fleet Defiant Kinetic Heavy Fire Support | Fleet Manticore Kinetic Strike Ship | Tactical Command Kinetic Siege Refit | Fleet Defiant Quantum Phase Escort | Fleet Valiant Kinetic Heavy Fire Support
    Turning the Galaxy-X into a Torpedo Dreadnought & torpedo tutorial, with written torpedo guide.
    "A good weapon and a great strategy will win you many battles." - Marshall
    I knew using Kinetics would be playing the game on hard mode, but what I didn't realize was how bad the deck is stacked against Kinetics.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,468 Arc User
    edracon wrote: »
    questerius wrote: »
    Captain Garret?

No, different captain Garret. This one is male and is voiced by Vic Mignogna, and is in a TOS era uniform, and becomes an admiral. It's possible that Ent C garret is his daughter.

<ends nerdgasm>

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    Tribble has been updated to: ST.64.20160618a.6.
    • Babel cannot be completed at this time.

I can confirm, I managed to complete Babel and claim rewards.
    MXeSfqV.jpg
    Tribble appears to be down at the moment. Are we getting a new patch already?
    kirimuffin wrote: »

Minor updates to the shard config. Patch tomorrow.
    kirimuffin wrote: »

Minor updates to the shard config. Patch tomorrow.

Should be unlocked now.
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    The end result of this should be the following things:
    • The power's tooltip should more accurately convey that the percentage of damage dealt cannot be increased and why.
    • The overall performance of this ability should be unchanged or better in all circumstances than it was before these fixes.

That's pretty much what I expected after reading the changes. also~

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Sincerely. :)

• badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Just wanted to say, I've seen the new TOS bridge and Lower Deck that come with the Pioneer Class. Awesome work! Just want to mention one thing though, Where is my Captains Cabin? You've got the Mess Hall, Conference Room, Sick Bay, Engineering, Lab Facilities and a very cool Shuttle Bay, but no place for my Captain to lay his weary head. Please Fix! :'(
    Post edited by badgerpants999 on
  • roebotsixtyfiveroebotsixtyfive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    djmarr1964 wrote: »

That would be a nice thing, especially since those TOS manuals are Char Bind On Pickup. Otherwise I would have to make sure I grab every single thing I could possibly want (such as TOS manuals, TOS Torpedoes, TOS Phasers, etc) for that character, and then do that one mission and get her stuck in the 25th Century.
    sto_forum_sig_gif_by_roebot56-d9as2al.gif
    If you can't solve it logically, solve it like a moron.

51 + 1 Foundry Character Slots is NOT enough. Some of us love our characters. If I want to buy more character slots, why can't I? I couldn't experience the entire Delta Recruitment event without deleting a character.

The Iconians themselves can't time travel because their memories revert, but there is nothing to say an Iconian couldn't write everything she needed to do on a PADD, pin it to herself, travel back, read the PADD, do the tasks and return. Or just get one of her Non-Herald underlings to go back in time for her.

Want a Star Trek themed starship command fan-made Board Game that isn't fiendishly complicated but not so easy it's a joke? Download mine for free here. https://roebot56.deviantart.com/art/BOARD-GAME-R56-s-Starship-Command-STAR-TREK-Edn-682732468 A Stargate version of the game is available from a link in the description.

Oh yeah, I do Foundry missions for both KDFs and Feds. Just search KSTF (Short for Kinas Special Task Force, where Kinas is the name of the Admiral you will be serving under). The earlier ones are less story based and more combat based, while the later ones have a much heavier story element, but keep the large battles.