test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Risa Powerboard Race: Running Without A Board?!

Now I thought I was just seeing things... But I swear I am seeing people somehow cheat by running during the Risa race without using a board. And they overtake people with the top end ones. I reported some of these players, but I am unsure if this is a bug or something else entirely... Anyone else encountering this? It's really annoying.
tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
"Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
"When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
#Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes

Comments

• terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    Update: Fleet member explained to me it's the Frosted Boots. This shouldn't be allowed at all. May as well allow people to use their jets at this rate. These groups should be prevented from exploiting the race.

"When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
  • timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    dont get your knickers in a knot, yes there is currently a bug on risa, no it has nothing to do with the ice boots, its happening with the floaters themselves that are somehow glitching and leaving us standing mid air and able to walk in a very funny but silly way, if the ice boots are turned on you can see the frost trail being left when we run with them, yes we can do the dance party and powerboard race, but there is simply no chance of ever coming first or such to deny anyone 1st, 2nd or 3rd places, so your comment of us exploiting it is unfounded, also dont be such a party pooper by reporting people, its not an exploit, its one of the many varied bugs this game has and am sure it will most likely be fixed in the next update patch, so get over it, also its hilarious to see for many people, and thats what risa is all about, having fun and enjoying ourselves from the usual mundane daily grind that this game is....
    edited June 2016
    [SNIP]

No, it's exploiting. I am not a party pooper. And I don't like when people encourage others to use a broken glitch to run because they can't be bothered to race properly. If I suspect that people are abusing this to help themselves outperform others I will report them to a GM. Also can you please use punctuation? It's really nauseating to read all those commas......
    Post edited by terranempire#7881 on
    i have no need to do the race at all and when i do if im coming first i hold back to allow another to get first place hoping that person needs the accolade, not like most of the greedy ones who dont think of others in that way..
    and there was no problem with my punctuation, as the commas were used as it was one big sentence, yet you read it and still moaned about it..
    and again you are stating that these people in glitch mode are winning 1st, 2nd or 3rd place when it is simply not possible compared to being on a powerboard.
    so someone either needs to learn to lighten up and have fun and simply laugh at the antics, or go and get your self some nice cheese to go with your whine....
  • sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Actually, it has nothing to do with floaters or frosted boots. It's just a graphical glitch that causes the powerboard to disappear and use the run animation really fast. They're not actually moving faster than the board can, it just gives the illusion that they are. If they're winning the races that way, well, that just means they're good at doing it.
    1xe027q.png
    edited June 2016
    [SNIP]
    I was just reporting it. No need for anyone to start getting all defensive or outcry like you're on trial. If you have some issues of me reporting in-game, too bad. File a complaint about it like I do or ignore it. If you see nothing wrong with your sentence structure then fine. I am not obligated to teach you, but it is wrong. Just pointing it out because it's hard to read.

It's says POWER BOARD RACE for a reason. Not the running really fast race without having to maneuver like everyone else. Now that I know it's a glitch, I hope they patch soon. Because running instead of floating on waves sure is a big advantage. If it was just a graphical hiccup they would be floating on the waves without a board. That is not the case at all. Hope they patch it out next week.

Edit: And it's definitely is more than a graphical glitch. They have the Superior Flight Bonus and the board bonus on as well when running.
    Post edited by terranempire#7881 on

Edit: And it's definitely is more than a graphical glitch. They have the Superior Flight Bonus and the board bonus on as well when running.

that would be from this years version of the risian tribble, those bonuses appear no matter where you are when you rub the tribble, on risa or on your bridge or esd..
    but without further proof that these guys are getting 1st, 2nd or 3rd place, im gonna call B.S. on your squabble and leave this thread to die..
    as i said in my first post it will no doubt be fixed with this weeks patch..
    So Adios Amigos..