test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Logitech Dual Action Gamepad Not working again!

craig76craig76 Member Posts: 775 Arc User
Well, as the titles says, the logitech gamepad does not want to co-operate. The only thing i can do, is move the camera and move my character. None of the buttons work and the D-pad does not work either. I have checked my controller and it is working fine.....well, in other programs it is anyway, but not STO. Am i the only one having issues with this or are other people experiencing problems with the logitech gamepads as well?
I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
planet-space-sun.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Is someone able to confirm this problem please?
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    ok, So, over the weekend, i uninstalled arc and my games from my C drive as i needed more room on it. I moved all my games, not just Arc games, but ALL my games to a 6TB HDD, where now i have a tonne of room for all my games across Steam, Uplay, Origin, Arc, and others. so, anyway, i just spent the last 2 hours trying to figure out why my gamepad was not working properly. When i loaded up STO tonight, i forgot to launch the logitech profiler, and whilst it wasnt loaded, i was trying to see why it wouldnt work, but then i pressed the button i have assigned as the jump button, and my character jumped. But that was all that worked, other than the camera and character movements, they were unchanged. But then i realised, i didnt have the profiler loaded. So, i loaded it, and went thru testing the gamepad again, and this time, the jump didnt work but movements still did. That told me there was something wrong with the profiler software. So, i went into the settings where you assign buttons, and record your keystrokes, and found that trying to assign new buttons, nothing would work except the sticks. So, i go into the "Device" section of the profiler and then the "Game controllers" section and open up the "Properties" tab and just check that all buttons, D-Pad and sticks are working, to which i found they were. So, my next only logical soultion, was to try and un-install the profiler app, and then re-install it. This solved my problem. So, over the weekend of moving games from one drive to another, its upset something in the profiler, im thinking it might be the exe file for STO was moved to another drive and the profiler needed it to function properly, but i can not say for sure. But, i hope this helps anyone else that might experience similar issues to what i had the last few days :)
    Im just glad it wasnt STO that wasnt broken again :)
    planet-space-sun.jpg