Disparaging Ship Names Thread: Marauder Flight Deck Cruiser

2»

Comments

• Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,328 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    The one that nobody flies.​​

Call me nobody.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I have flown this ship. I just checked carefully that none of you were online before I did so. Because I did not want you pointing and laughing at me for doing so.

I.K.S. Moped
    Post edited by thunderfoot#5163 on
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    questerius wrote: »
    The one that nobody flies.

Call me nobody.

Nobody flies this. I've already said that. So if you fly it then you're calling me a liar, and you don't want to do that do you?

I think it'll be easier for both of us if you just continue to not fly it.

Thanks.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Call me nobody.

Nobody flies this. I've already said that. So if you fly it then you're calling me a liar, and you don't want to do that do you?

Thanks.​​

Not calling you a liar. Directional challenged, misguided and confused, but not a liar.

As i said, call me nobody and since i DO fly this ship you're correct in your statement regarding the vessel: "The one that nobody flies".

Besides, it's a good ship so why would anybody NOT fly it. It's a flight deck cruiser with plenty of potential and possibilities.

It's an awesome ship to use with either a BFAW setup or turret/single cannon build. More than sufficient for any advanced queue and with a competent captain it can even perform well in elite queues.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    IKS Pepper mill.
    IKS femidom.

Any more for any more?
    I need a beer.

• Options
    goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    IKS Coward
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User

Call me nobody.

Thanks.​​

Not calling you a liar. Directional challenged, misguided and confused, but not a liar.

As i said, call me nobody and since i DO fly this ship you're correct in your statement regarding the vessel: "The one that nobody flies".

Besides, it's a good ship so why would anybody NOT fly it. It's a flight deck cruiser with plenty of potential and possibilities.

It's an awesome ship to use with either a BFAW setup or turret/single cannon build. More than sufficient for any advanced queue and with a competent captain it can even perform well in elite queues.

I use this ship too, I was fed up with my krenim imperium warship. not only the design of this ship is really nice, and it can be very powerful.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2016
    Argh. NOBODY uses this ship, none of you. Stop pretending you do. People like youse are the reason we don't have a T6 Orion Dreadnought, because you never bought the Marauder hard enough.

Edit: In case it wasn't obvious, both this post and my last are intended for humorous purposes, obviously nobody is calling me a liar nor is nobody buying these ships. I say this as the somewhat dubious owner of the IKS PhatTarg, the semi-jokey AP built battlepig.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Blimp?

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    The Klingon name thread appears to have dried up. If you can put a shortlist together and post it on there I'll be happy to have a look.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • Options
    hugin1205hugin1205 Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    I didn't have to buy that ship - got it as a giveaway :)
    I did fly it on one tac for a while (even considered upgrading it to T5U)
    18 characters
    KDF: 2 tacs, 2 engs, 3 scis
    KDF Roms: 3 tacs, 1 eng, 1 scis
    FED: 2 tacs, 1 eng, 2 scis
    TOS: 1 tac
    all on T5 rep (up to temporal)
    all have mastered Intel tree (and some more specs Points)
    highest DPS: 60.982
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    Pumba

B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    U.S.S. Neversail

/SFC reference
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    i don't know why people are so surprised that orion ships are ugly...they were ugly during TOS, they were ugly during SFC, they were ugly during SFC 2: Orion Pirates and they were ugly during Shattered Universe

doesn't mean i don't still fly one with my orion male - mainly because it's the only orion ship at endgame (and despite what certain people think, T5U IS still endgame level)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,369 Arc User
    i don't know why people are so surprised that orion ships are ugly...they were ugly during TOS...
    A twinkly light that speeds by before any shape can register is "ugly"?​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    I actually have all the Orion ships in my inventory. Aside from some Orion male role play the ships themselves are quite capable and it is the unusual design which attracts.

• Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    Argh. NOBODY uses this ship, none of you. Stop pretending you do. People like youse are the reason we don't have a T6 Orion Dreadnought, because you never bought the Marauder hard enough.

Edit: In case it wasn't obvious, both this post and my last are intended for humorous purposes, obviously nobody is calling me a liar nor is nobody buying these ships. I say this as the somewhat dubious owner of the IKS PhatTarg, the semi-jokey AP built battlepig.​​

I don't like humor.

I'm kidding :p

np, your posts were normally understood :)
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    i don't know why people are so surprised that orion ships are ugly...they were ugly during TOS...
    A twinkly light that speeds by before any shape can register is "ugly"?

dunno qwhat you're talking about; the ship looks like this latest?cb=20081209031213&path-prefix=en

and it's ugly​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.