test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

JJtrek ships are incoming

captaintroikacaptaintroika Member Posts: 210 Arc User
Romulans: Narada as a T6 intel/temporal carrier
Feds: Connie as a T6 command/temporal command cruiser, Vengeance as a T6 intel/temporal dreadnought cruiser.
Klanks: T6 pilot/temporal raider, pilot maneuvers included.

Comments

• Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    do you have a legitimate source of this?
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    Don't EVEN think about it.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    exactly, this is clearly from shady sources, i was just hoping the op would hang himself with enough rope that i could call the mods in on it.

on the other hand if there was a legitimate source, i would have no place to argue it.
  • Options
    baldrick8baldrick8 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    The troll is strong in this one ...
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    baldrick8 wrote: »

actually i was looking for an honest answer. but i can see how it looks troll like and i was being honest about it up front.
  • Options
    hugin1205hugin1205 Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I think I rad somewhere that this was a different Franchise and the legal Situation was different, ie no right to use those designs.

Edit: I read that a Long time ago, so they may have gotten the rights since then. in a way it would make sense. We have the mirror universe in this game and the Cinema films may bring new Players and Money

Edit Edit: they may even make a "alternate universe recruitment Event" with a new mini faction :naughty:
    18 characters
    KDF: 2 tacs, 2 engs, 3 scis
    KDF Roms: 3 tacs, 1 eng, 1 scis
    FED: 2 tacs, 1 eng, 2 scis
    TOS: 1 tac
    all on T5 rep (up to temporal)
    all have mastered Intel tree (and some more specs Points)
    highest DPS: 60.982
  • Options
    baldrick8baldrick8 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    baldrick8 wrote: »

actually i was looking for an honest answer. but i can see how it looks troll like and i was being honest about it up front.

Whoops, sorry - i didn't mean you, mirrorchaos! I meant the OP.
  • Options
    tessaravejgantessaravejgan Member Posts: 276
    Feds: Connie as a T6 command/temporal command cruiser, Vengeance as a T6 intel/temporal dreadnought cruiser.

Right. Everyone is already aware of the rumors and there are 2-3 threads talking about it so this thread is pointless and I think it can be closed.
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User

Right. Everyone is already aware of the rumors and there are 2-3 threads talking about it so this thread is pointless and I think it can be closed.

What rumors? I've read a lot of threads on these forums and all I'm aware of is the massive "Want to create a ship that looks like the USS Vengeance" thread. And the Excalibur thread, which talks a lot about ships other than the Excalibur. But that's it.

Most of the time any thread that talks about the alternate universe of the films devolves into hatred of the filmmakers.

There's a new film coming out (so that's Ten Forward jawn). There's a new TV series (also Ten Forward). There's a new STO expansion with old timey Trek ships. And there's a summer event ship coming out. All of that is pretty much confirmed (the big rumor being its a vorgon/vogon/something-gon ship? Possibly? Most likely?)

That's it. So this thread seems to be stating there's a rumor that ships from the movies are going to debut in this game?

This seems as likely a place to have a thread to discuss exactly that, as any thread.

And now we can get into how THAT topic almost always goes ...

queue debate about the differences between CBS and Paramount! GO!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    teknesiateknesia Member Posts: 860 Arc User

What rumors? I've read a lot of threads on these forums and all I'm aware of is the massive "Want to create a ship that looks like the USS Vengeance" thread. And the Excalibur thread, which talks a lot about ships other than the Excalibur. But that's it.

Most of the time any thread that talks about the alternate universe of the films devolves into hatred of the filmmakers.

There's a new film coming out (so that's Ten Forward jawn). There's a new TV series (also Ten Forward). There's a new STO expansion with old timey Trek ships. And there's a summer event ship coming out. All of that is pretty much confirmed (the big rumor being its a vorgon/vogon/something-gon ship? Possibly? Most likely?)

That's it. So this thread seems to be stating there's a rumor that ships from the movies are going to debut in this game?

This seems as likely a place to have a thread to discuss exactly that, as any thread.

I don't think that the rumors are the problem. Ultimately, the problem is gonna be where those rumors are sourced from.
    InBeforeTheLock.gif

edbf9204-c725-4dab-a35a-46626a4cb978.jpg
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    (...)

That would be pointless. The "rumours" are pretty solid, but the source cannot be named in these parts. You have to do the research yourself pig-3.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    tessaravejgantessaravejgan Member Posts: 276

Can't post about where op likely got his info here and threads exist like that massive something in ten forward or from that minion guy, etc, so yeah, threads exist.
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    JJ trek threads again?

latest?cb=20110201043740

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    yaminigmayaminigma Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    ok. I've gotta say this. when I first heard about the JJ Abrams movie I was angry about it too. looked nothing like the Tos and was going to ruin what was already set up in star trek. then when I actually watched the movie learning that it was set in an alternate reality I was fine with it, I got over it and I now like it as part of Star trek. it doesn't harm anything (except maybe eyes with the lens flares.. don't ever try to watch it after an eye dilation test even with sunglasses like did..)

I'm all for the ships being in the game, it's not going to hurt anything and they look quite nice. and as with many things, if you don't like them don't buy them, stop trying to prevent others from having nice things.
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    129156.jpeg​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    What I read is [REDACTED], which we aren't allowed to talk about here.
  • Options
    kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    The first rule of Fight Club is, you do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is, you do not talk about Fight Club...
  • Options
    alpharaider47#7707 alpharaider47 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I will throw my two cents out there, and please correct me if I'm not meant to share this- I'm a bit out of the loop on the inside and outs of this sort of thing:

-redacted

We can argue licensing all we want, we will have to wait and see what actually happens. That's my two cents and all I can give you is what I myself saw the other night.
    sFfAcbR.jpg
    STO Beta Test and Launch Veteran
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I will throw my two cents out there, and please correct me if I'm not meant to share this- I'm a bit out of the loop on the inside and outs of this sort of thing:

Yeah, you don't want to go around advertising (especially here) that you been "playing' in Their "backyard".
    That's a BIG BANABLE No-No.

B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    If you're going to talk about info that's datamined, do it on internet forums that aren't owned by PWE.

If you are going to talk about info that is datamined on internet forums owned by PWE, don't expect the thread to last for very long.

If you are going to talk about info that is datamined on internet forums owned by PWE, and the thread doesn't last very long. It's not a suppression of consumer feedback, it's not a violation of your 1st amendment rights, and it's not because Cryptic hates you and eats babies.

It's because game developers typically have a policy about not talking about information that's datamined, and for some strange reason, these forums have had a history of posters expecting Cryptic to comment on such things months before they were ready to release said information for public consumption. The fact Cryptic wouldn't comment on datamined information, thus generated a singularity of toxicity and trolling that collapsed in on itself and now we aren't allowed to talk about it.

That is all.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    Fight Club rules. You break them, they hide everything for months again.
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    So in the interest of the actual topic ... let's simply not talk about source info? Let's just talk about stuff we can talk about.

We can absolutely discuss the idea of having those ships in this game.

We can absolutely discuss our opinions on the idea of having those ships in this game. They are star trek ships from star trek movies and this is a star trek game that puts star trek ships from star trek shows and star trek movies into their star trek games.

Seems like a perfectly valid topic to discuss right here on these forums.

No discussion of no-no stuff. Just discussion of the idea of having a USS Vengeance or a USS Kelvin or a Narada in the game.

What's your opinion on that?

How could they do that? How is that even possible after being told for years and years and years that CBS wouldn't allow it? That CBS and Paramount are completely different entities with conflicting interests? How does this even happen? I thought this was completely off the agenda just because of licensing issues. That's been the go to "Never gonna happen" reason for YEARS.

So IF these rumors from WHEREVER (keep the redacted redacted) are even remotely viable and believable ... then explain to me HOW? How could this happen?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    xanime0xxanime0x Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    any of you look at the Temporal Special Agent Pack? it show some they plan on adding
    and i think they are not startrek ships they are bad kit bashes of some. to bad they keeping to the idea of selling more junk that the main player don't like that know startrek
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    How could they do that? How is that even possible after being told for years and years and years that CBS wouldn't allow it? That CBS and Paramount are completely different entities with conflicting interests? How does this even happen? I thought this was completely off the agenda just because of licensing issues. That's been the go to "Never gonna happen" reason for YEARS.
    The way these things usually happen is, someone pays someone else money.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    I so want a Kelvin type ship.
    I'd pay for it even.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    It can happen because lawyers get paid to work out deals. It can happen because even though Paramount and CBS are separate entities and have thus far had a very strict legal framework for assets STO is allowed to use, it does not mean that they can't reverse their decision if the right legal paperwork is written up and signed off on.

It is entirely possible that STO could have access to the JJ Trek universe if for no other reason than CBS Studios and Paramount decided it was okay to do it now.

It is also possible it could have some sort of time-limited moratorium, similar to no-compete clauses (like when Conan O'Brien was legally prohibited from appearing on TV for a year after Jay Leno backstabbed him), because of contract obligations.

It is possible that the 2009 Star Trek assets were prohibited from being used by STO for some period of time, but those time limits are now expired.

The truth is, none of us know what the legal paperwork looks like, but it's certainly possible. Just like it's possible we'll get an end-game Connie. People are always capable of changing their minds.

Personally, I think it would be absolutely hilarious to have an end-game Connie, except that the end-game Connie is from the JJ Trek universe. The forum responses alone would make AoY the best expansion ever for me, and I'd love it.

If I were to speculate, it would be on PWE warming up to the idea of sharing their profits with other entities. They've shown a willingness to cut Microsoft and Sony in on their profits, so it wouldn't surprise me if they offered Paramount a similar deal, and Paramount said yes.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited June 2016

1. http://massivelyop.com/2016/05/11/seventeen-things-you-need-to-know-about-star-trek-online-agents-of-yesterday/

2. http://massivelyop.com/2016/05/16/an-innocent-npc-may-allude-to-future-crossovers-for-star-trek-online/

3. http://1701news.com/node/1197/star-trek-online-planning-abramsverse-crossover.html

VORGONS! OPKfOKi.png​​
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
This discussion has been closed.