test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FACT: There are MORE than 6 missions in the Agents of Yesterday TOS expansion

Comments

• gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    rllaillieu wrote: »
    Thank you, OP. And also, is anyone else holding out hope that our TOS toon will get to shoot Sela at least once? Sounds crazy, but I can hope, right? Because I really, really want that honor to go around to all the factions. All of them deserve the chance.
    I want to shoot Sela just before she shoots the Iconian with the World Heart. Then we can undo the entire freaking storyline. And I don't give a tribble's TRIBBLE how Temporal Investigations or Timefleet feels about it.​​

Glad I'm not the only one who hated the majority of the Iconian war storyline.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    valoreah wrote: »
    gradii wrote: »

Wasn't my favorite either. It's the worst one in the game IMO.

I think the first couple episodes were passable but it began getting dead stupid right after time in a bottle and never looked back. Midnight only seemed good after the garbage which preceded it.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • phenomenaut01phenomenaut01 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    Just curious : Is this also the Thread for people still believing in an independant Romulan Faction & more than 10 Story Missions in "Delta Rising" ... ?

At least this Thread is kind of like Time-Traveling back to 2013 & 2014 ...

btw : You guys do realize the release isn't as far of, as some peope might choose to believe ... there are only 4-6 weeks of testing left ... we got 6 unique TOS Missions in the first 2 weeks ... yet we're still missing New Ship Mechanics, Temporal Reputation, Cross-Faction-Missions, actual new Ships (other than the Pioneer), New Specialization, Temporal Recruitment Event etc (all of which should probably on Tribble within those 4-6 weeks) ... do the math, and think about what else would fit within that Time-Frame ...

Delta Rising had 19 new missions in it. It just seemed like less because of the horrible level gates set up between them when it first launched. :disappointed:http://sto.gamepedia.com/The_Delta_Quadrant

As for the rest...yeah, there's a whole lot of other Agents of Yesterday stuff that hasn't been put in yet. It's going to be a crunch to get it all tested before the expansion, especially with the Summer Event going on at the same time. But I expect they're going to open up Tribble to F2P at some point soonish too.
    walligig wrote: »
    I also remember Geko saying something in the podcast along the lines of not wanting to put to many episodes on Tribble because they didn't want to spoil to much of the story.

Considering how buggy the first couple episodes were not counting art, yeah they should rethink that.

Tribble isn't the only way they test things, though it reaches the wider base than internal QA or invitation only betas (which I'm not sure if they do or not, but I seem to remember hearing something about that).

• storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,269 Arc User
    I hate having to post this up, since there's about a dozen other threads lon this particular topic right now, but the truth is getting buried in the hubbub about the whole thing, so I'm hoping that people will see this and not feel the need to create another thread on the topic. Hope nobody minds.

Here's the truth, straight from the developers and Trendy's mouth:
    TRENDY: "There are more than six missions."
    Source:
    GEKO:
    "It is a new faction - we were coy about calling it a new faction in the press release - there was some marketing concerns about the connotations of it, but it's at least as much of a new faction as Romulans. It's just technically still Federation, right, it's just Federation from 2270 instead of 2409. It's a new faction, a new starting experience with its own arc, its own content specifically for them."Source: http://priorityonepodcast.com/po269/
    (at around the 24 minute mark)
    GEKO:
    ...this is not a separate game, so I don't want people think that if you're going to play TOS faction that you're just going to be in the TOS world and that we are going to make all our, we're going to make hundreds of hours worth of content for the TOS expansion...and have all its own separate queues and were gonna be bifurcating the community, that's just that's just silly. Thats not viable, its not sustainable, that's not good business...Source: http://priorityonepodcast.com/po269/

IS Agents of Yesterday a FED ONLY expansion?
    "In addition to the ability to create a brand new Star Trek: The Original Series Starfleet captain, we will be introducing a new episode arc for players of every faction,"
    Source: AoY Announcement

Content announced for Agents of Yesteday that has not yet been released to Tribble:
    • Temporal Specialization (all factions)
    • Temperal Initiative Resistance Reputation (all factions)
    • Temporal Agent Recruitment (TOS Characters/Faction only. Unlocks for all characters on account. Similar to the Delta Recruit system)
    • 10 new ships - not including Pioneer (5 Fed only, 5 cross faction)

Supposition: Legacy of Romulus has around 20 missions for Romulan Characters. If Agents of Yesterday and the TOS faction is "at least as much of a new faction as Romulans." then it's implied that there are more than 6 missions. Add to that that Trendy has explicitly said that there are more than six missions (see above) and we're left with the impression that there are more than 6 missions.

Please feel free to add any other evidence to this thread that supports the fact that there are more than 6 missions.

Thank you.

(Note: The author of this thread is still trying to get people to believe the fact that "THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!")

Not to ruin in your parade OP but more than "1" means:
    1- 0.0000009 or a mere 1,2,3,4 or perhaps 10000 missions?
    2- Another mission to be introduced "randomly" in the near future. Similar language was used with "Delta Recruits" and still waiting for those missions.
    3- More FEs missions in similar nature to what is currently being done.

Whoever sent that message wants to be "Politically correct". PC language is disgusting to say the least for the ambiguity it carries. Your answer or guess is good as mine but for sure the fact of the matter is that Tribble only shows 6 as of now.

More proper language should have been introduced similar to "more missions to start at later date missions 7-25? or so".

Then, there wouldn't have been a discussion or confusion as it is now.​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    the number of missions have never bothered me, sure its good to have more missions then less but I don't see that as my major hang up with this expansion.
    for me the problem is cryptic are calling this a new faction and I just don't see it that way, without unique areas that can only be accessed by ToS characters after the missions are played this is not a faction, creating a new story line for fed characters regardless of the number of missions it entails and calling it a ToS faction is just wrong.

I have no problem with romulans having to choose a side and I don't even have a problem with ToS joining with feds but romulans have the flotilla and romulan command that is their own area and this makes them stand out as a faction despite the fact they are either fed or kdf aligned, what area will ToS characters get that is unique to them in this way to make them more faction like.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Just curious : Is this also the Thread for people still believing in an independant Romulan Faction & more than 10 Story Missions in "Delta Rising" ... ?
    azrael605 wrote: »

btw : You guys do realize the release isn't as far of, as some peope might choose to believe ... there are only 4-6 weeks of testing left ... we got 6 unique TOS Missions in the first 2 weeks ... yet we're still missing New Ship Mechanics, Temporal Reputation, Cross-Faction-Missions, actual new Ships (other than the Pioneer), New Specialization, Temporal Recruitment Event etc (all of which should probably on Tribble within those 4-6 weeks) ... do the math, and think about what else would fit within that Time-Frame ...

They probably aren't going to put all of the new missions on tribble, to avoid revealing the whole story before release. Comments from various Devs in the wave of interviews done in the last couple weeks lean in that direction.

So you haven't actually played "Battle of Caleb IV" ... thanks .. q.e.d ...

... by the way, they already revealed the "whole Story" in Blogs, so what makes you think think this is still a secret ... not sure if serious ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.

They probably aren't going to put all of the new missions on tribble, to avoid revealing the whole story before release. Comments from various Devs in the wave of interviews done in the last couple weeks lean in that direction.

... by the way, they already revealed the "whole Story" in Blogs, so what makes you think think this is still a secret ... not sure if serious ...

I assuming that you're under the assumption that "Battle of Caleb IV" is the last mission of the expansion, or the last mission of the story. Please elaborate.

Judging from what I've played on Tribble, they haven't revealed any of that in blogs yet. Please link to the blogs which you feel have revealed the whole story.

Thank you.
  • jtoon74jtoon74 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    Okay, so release-day of AoY might look like this, then:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1x_QbVDlLbI

Also: Khaaaan!

I think Herve Villachaize (may he rest in peace) would have made an excellent Khan. :'(
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User

I assuming that you're under the assumption that "Battle of Caleb IV" is the last mission of the expansion, or the last mission of the story. Please elaborate.

Judging from what I've played on Tribble, they haven't revealed any of that in blogs yet. Please link to the blogs which you feel have revealed the whole story.

Thank you.
    Well if you die ... it's usually the end / last mission ... at least in that particular Timeline ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,443 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    gradii wrote: »

Wasn't my favorite either. It's the worst one in the game IMO.
    Well, since the revamp of Romulan Mystery, yeah. Still not as dumb as "Divide et Impera", though.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png

Thank you.
    Well if you die ... it's usually the end / last mission ... at least in that particular Timeline ...

Ah...but there is a chance, while unlikely, that there are missions that haven't been released to Tribble yet take place before the Bettle of Caleb IV. There's room to easily do so.

Also...timetravel. As stated before, the Developers have said that you will be traveling back and forth to various timelines. So while you're correct to a point, that doesn't mean that what you see what you get in this case.

In fact, there's a rather famous mission regarding the Enterprise of that era that is shown in the announcement trailer that has not been represented in this expansions yet.
  • sle1989sle1989 Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    In the announcements of Chekov and Scotty coming to STO, (here and here) they were shown in there Khan style uniforms. Now, I haven't played the missions on Tribble, but these looks haven't seemed to show up yet.

The Chekov announcement even says that he was promoted to Captain and has joined the ranks of the Temporal Agents and "Will play a key role in several missions." From what I read he has shown up in only one mission so far and he wasn't a Captain.

So it sounds like the AOY captains will be going on missions to various time periods every once in a while while at the same time being able to do the 25th century Starfleet missions.
    y1arXbh.png

• jtoon74jtoon74 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    How the stories are panning out in the blogs, we should be travelling back into ancient history.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,443 Arc User
    I figured, we're Temporal Agents, right? What kind of sense does it make to recruit Temporal Agents, and then not have them act in different temporal periods? It'd be like the CIA recruiting operatives, then never sending them into the field again.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    I think the six episodes complaint was that after those stories our characters would begin moving through different time periods and therefore away from the TOS setting everyone is looking forward to.

I suppose this is valid but I also understand what they are doing with the story and by the way when was it ever reasonable to assume they could right twenty masterful pieces of TOS content from a show that barely lasted that number of episodes? The source material is lacking.
    jtoon74 wrote: »
    How the stories are panning out in the blogs, we should be travelling back into ancient history.

Let's be reasonable though. Was that ever a possibility? Not really in my opinion.
    samt1996 wrote: »
    I think the six episodes complaint was that after those stories our characters would begin moving through different time periods and therefore away from the TOS setting everyone is looking forward to.

I suppose this is valid but I also understand what they are doing with the story and by the way when was it ever reasonable to assume they could right twenty masterful pieces of TOS content from a show that barely lasted that number of episodes? The source material is lacking.

By that logic, the rest of this game shouldn't exist, because there were never any television episodes that represent anything from 2410.

• vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Since I didn't see anyone address this, I'll address it.
    jovianus wrote: »
    johnnymo1 wrote: »
    real simple way to put this to bed, Trendy, how many missions are specific and exclusive to the new AOY faction?

This is the part they seem to keep missing. We know the entire AoY expansion will have more than 6 missions, the question is will the new "faction" have more missions, or is it a glorified tutorial before getting dumped into 'faction-agnostic' content.

The fact that they are so hilariously incapable of giving a straight answer to such a simple yes or no question does not bode well.

The reason why the devs can't give a straight "yes" or "no" answer is because they have an NDA (Non-disclosure agreement) within the company not to talk about anything that hasn't been made public.

What they can talk about:
    - If it's something that has been released onto tribble such as the TOS faction and the first 6 missions they're involved in.
    - Clarifying information that has been publicly put out by them, such as mentioning ships that are Cross-Faction.

What they can only skim the surface about:
    - Actor announcements. They announced that Chase Masterson will be returning, the actor who played Daniels is doing VO work, Walter Koenig is doing Chekov and Chris Doohan is stepping in as his father's role of Scotty. They can only talk about that they'll be the game in some fashion, but can't go into details about their involvement until the stories are made public.

- Additonal Reputations or Specializations: The only thing they can mention as far as the new Temporal Reputation is that it'll be in the expansion. Until the information about it is made public such as equipment, powers and how we will earn the marks, it's hush hush. As far as the Temporal Specialization, they will probably be able to mention that the T6 ships will have Temporal seating, but that's as far as they can go.

What they can't talk about:
    - Anything that hasn't been released to the public yet officially. This of course includes specific contents of the expansion that have yet to be released. Even if it's been leaked by them on accident, they will likely skirt the topic if it's something that has yet to be announced, such as Sulu's likeness in the game or the JJ character 0718 appearing in game.

Maybe this is something you could add to the first post OP?

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    patrickngo wrote: »
    starkaos wrote: »
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    I hate having to post this up, since there's about a dozen other threads lon this particular topic right now, but the truth is getting buried in the hubbub about the whole thing, so I'm hoping that people will see this and not feel the need to create another thread on the topic. Hope nobody minds.

Here's the truth, straight from the developers and Trendy's mouth:
    TRENDY: "There are more than six missions."
    Source:
    GEKO:
    "It is a new faction - we were coy about calling it a new faction in the press release - there was some marketing concerns about the connotations of it, but it's at least as much of a new faction as Romulans. It's just technically still Federation, right, it's just Federation from 2270 instead of 2409. It's a new faction, a new starting experience with its own arc, its own content specifically for them."Source: http://priorityonepodcast.com/po269/
    (at around the 24 minute mark)
    GEKO:
    ...this is not a separate game, so I don't want people think that if you're going to play TOS faction that you're just going to be in the TOS world and that we are going to make all our, we're going to make hundreds of hours worth of content for the TOS expansion...and have all its own separate queues and were gonna be bifurcating the community, that's just that's just silly. Thats not viable, its not sustainable, that's not good business...Source: http://priorityonepodcast.com/po269/

Supposition: Legacy of Romulus has around 20 missions for Romulan Characters. If Agents of Yesterday and the TOS faction is "at least as much of a new faction as Romulans." then it's implied that there are more than 6 missions. Add to that that Trendy has explicitly said that there are more than six missions (see above) and we're left with the impression that there are more than 6 missions.

Please feel free to add any other evidence to this thread that supports the fact that there are more than 6 missions.

Thank you.

(Note: The author of this thread is still trying to get people to believe the fact that "THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!")

Just stinks it's Fed only expansion!

Not completely true. Although there won't be unique missions for the other factions, there will still be new missions that everyone can do. From the AoY Announcement blog:

"In addition to the ability to create a brand new Star Trek: The Original Series Starfleet captain, we will be introducing a new episode arc for players of every faction,"

so, Fed missions with "General" inserted strategically along with "ook, Honor! GLory! I'm an Idiot!" then? sorry, still a Fed expansion-just with a couple fed missions with token adjustments. AoY is for Federation players only, the tokens are merely there to try and stifle criticism a little bit by legalistically claiming cross-faction is the same thing as faction material. Not Buying.

Which is why I said not completely true. Almost every single mission created in the past few years are Federation missions that Klingons and Romulans are allowed to play. Endgame mission content will always be Federation missions that are playable by Romulans and Klingons since it is far easier to create one mission for every faction with slight dialog changes than it is to do the right thing and create new missions for each faction.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    sle1989 wrote: »
    In the announcements of Chekov and Scotty coming to STO, (here and here) they were shown in there Khan style uniforms. Now, I haven't played the missions on Tribble, but these looks haven't seemed to show up yet.

The Chekov announcement even says that he was promoted to Captain and has joined the ranks of the Temporal Agents and "Will play a key role in several missions." From what I read he has shown up in only one mission so far and he wasn't a Captain.

So it sounds like the AOY captains will be going on missions to various time periods every once in a while while at the same time being able to do the 25th century Starfleet missions.

why did it take 2 pages before someone finally mentioned this? -.-

@ the OP, I don't think anyone is stupid enough to think 6 missions = the whole of the AoY expansion(at least I hope not). The flip out is people thinking its the sum total of the TOS "Faction" which we were promised was "at least as much of a faction as Romulans" which hints at closer to 20 unique missions and at least one free leveling ship per tier.
    jonsills wrote: »
    rllaillieu wrote: »
    Thank you, OP. And also, is anyone else holding out hope that our TOS toon will get to shoot Sela at least once? Sounds crazy, but I can hope, right? Because I really, really want that honor to go around to all the factions. All of them deserve the chance.
    I want to shoot Sela just before she shoots the Iconian with the World Heart. Then we can undo the entire freaking storyline. And I don't give a tribble's TRIBBLE how Temporal Investigations or Timefleet feels about it.​​

^oh this would be GRAND! Esp if my Romulans can shoot her in the face like we did with the skeev
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    That is the one bad thing about letting players test the game. They go through the test missions, then some come back to report. However those few likes to create issues on the game based off what little they tested.

This is why I don't want to read their reviews and thoughts on it. As they are pure garbage and have no clue.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • naharikajalnaharikajal Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    walligig wrote: »
    I also remember Geko saying something in the podcast along the lines of not wanting to put to many episodes on Tribble because they didn't want to spoil to much of the story.

Didn't they do the same thing back in the days when LoR was released? I am not sure if I mix up things but wasn't there any expansion where they did this on purpose to not to spoilder the whole story line.
    edited May 2016

79 episodes is not barely 20.

P.S.A. hey kids... once upon a time TV shows lasted about 50minutes with 10 of commercials, and a season was closer to 30 episodes. Let that sink in for a bit.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Originally TV Shows were mostly made in 26 Episode blocks per Season, so as to have exactly enough to cover Half of a 52 week year.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif

79 episodes is not barely 20.

P.S.A. hey kids... once upon a time TV shows lasted about 50minutes with 10 of commercials, and a season was closer to 30 episodes. Let that sink in for a bit.

I know right, would love if some of the newer shows I watch had longer seasons, commercials aren't much of an issue for me, only see them on Hulu and CBS All Access.

even if you watch them like that, the shows themselves have less actual time in them because its been trimmed down to allow for 15-20min of commercials now. 1/4 of an hour long episode is now commercial time and not show.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    I hate that TV shows made now-a-days are only 42-44 minutes long so they can add more commercials.
    That krap started sneaking in back in the late '80's.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    It gets worse. Episodes of reruns are actually being literally compressed to make more room for advertising.

http://www.npr.org/2015/02/24/388796076/amid-declining-ratings-cable-networks-speed-up-reruns-to-make-room-for-ads
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
    I just looked... old episodes of star trek are 55min long no less not 50.... le sigh
    starswordc wrote: »
    It gets worse. Episodes of reruns are actually being literally compressed to make more room for advertising.

http://www.npr.org/2015/02/24/388796076/amid-declining-ratings-cable-networks-speed-up-reruns-to-make-room-for-ads

I know they do it but I really hate being reminded they do it
    Well. This thread went all over the place fast.