test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Summer Event 2016

Hello, any update to when the summer event starts this year? I'm currently/continually going to college and would like to have a heads up on my personal calendar. To this date, I haven't heard or read anything that even hints when this will/if occur.

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,167 Community Moderator
    It will. Its an annual event. SHOULD be coming up right after the Crystaline Event ends.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    A direct quote from Gecko "We are cutting Risa this year"

... I'll not comment on what he may or may not have said immediately after ... <runs and hides>
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    I think I am going to miss it then. Going on holiday on a cruise to Rome around June for a week.
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Open the in game calendar and turn the month to June. It doesn't say, but starting June 9th it has the 'string of lights' that the summer event has had in years past to signify the event. My guess is it'll run for at least 5 weeks, likely 6, and you'll need to run the daily grind for 25 of those 35-42 days. So between 10 and 17 days leeway, depending on just how long the event will last.

Not counting any server destroying hardware explosions or code eating bugs that could extend the event. :)
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    Thanks, I'll cross my fingers. :)
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
  • Options
    starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,233 Arc User
    In the past it was started during the first week of June...

2015: June 4th to July 15
    2014: June 5th to July 17

I imagine perhaps on June 2nd or June 9th this year...my best guess. Where are those blogs and the new ship?​​
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,167 Community Moderator
    In the past it was started during the first week of June...

2015: June 4th to July 15
    2014: June 5th to July 17

I imagine perhaps on June 2nd or June 9th this year...my best guess. Where are those blogs and the new ship?​​

Probably coming next week.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    I'm being nice and just editing this. Do not let me see you post leaks again or it won't just be an edit. ~Askray
    Post edited by askray on
  • Options
    Terran, as much as I disagreed with you on a topic of another thread, posting leaked or data mined information is a no no and banable, I advise you to edit that out before the mods find it.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    rllaillieurllaillieu Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    @evilmark444 That's been on the internet for a few months now. We've known about this ship. Hell, me and a buddy had a recent discussion on how much rear we could kick with it. You must have been off the forums for a while, but the mods don't care. They know this was an accidental leak. It's public now.
  • Options
    No I've been here the whole time, never seen a pic posted directly to the forums though
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    Yeah, no. It's still a leak, and the ToS specifically spells out that it isn't ok.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    I agree with @evilmark444 the posting of the pic seems inappropriate to me, it irrelevant what some might know, think, believe. I only heard some rumblings, and now the surprise is spoiled for me. Its spoiled now. Cant put the jack back into the box.

You should have really used a spoiler tag to hide it @terranempire#7881

@jodarkrider can you please orchestrate some damage control if this is a violation?
    Post edited by officerbatman81 on
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    @officerbatman81

Would it help unspoil it for you to know I'm still hoping that's gonna be a Promo/Lockbox ship, and they are gonna give us something that ties in with a ship or ships we've already seen associated with the Summer Event?
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Kinda

That ship does seem wrong for the occasion, i wish it was something more risianesque. Its actually ugly.....like the ship designers have a bet among themselves on who can make the uglyist ship. Someone always has to outdo the other it looks like.
  • Options
    smithdecksmithdeck Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    Waiting for Risa... Hope it's soon...
  • Options
    The in-game calender has it scheduled June 9th, day after the CC event closes.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Kinda

That ship does seem wrong for the occasion, i wish it was something more risianesque. Its actually ugly.....like the ship designers have a bet among themselves on who can make the uglyist ship. Someone always has to outdo the other it looks like.

Actually, I think the devs were having a contest about who can create the worst looking Vorlon ship. Have to agree with more Risianesque ships. Except for the first Winter Event with the JHAS, the Winter ships have always been Breen ships. Of course, this was before the introduction of Autographs and hopefully, they will always be Breen ships or from some race that has a Winter theme. At least the Ferengi Nandi Warship hasa console which catches some rays to fit the Summer theme. I doubt the next Summer ship will fit the Summer theme that the other Summer Event ships have.
  • Options
    The in-game calender has it scheduled June 9th, day after the CC event closes.

Also mentioned here http://priorityonepodcast.com/po271/ as it's stated above, straight after CC.
  • Options
    Here is an idea....instead of a ship why not a shuttle?

A risan shuttle shaped like a hydroplane racing boat for example. With an awesome console you can use on any ship.

Then in winter make a breen snowmobile shuttle.
  • Options

A risan shuttle shaped like a hydroplane racing boat for example. With an awesome console you can use on any ship.

No.
  • Options
    solidshark214solidshark214 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    Being as I find the Ferengi and Breen ships to be about equally hideous, I personally like this one better. I was going to skip the Summer Event, Admiralty System or no, but if it's going to be this and not another bass-ackwards Ferengi ship, I'm actually interested.
  • Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    A direct quote from Gecko "We are cutting Risa this year"

... I'll not comment on what he may or may not have said immediately after ... <runs and hides>

Hey! That was my thread!
    smithdeck wrote: »

No.

YES!!!!!!
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    Folks, it doesn't matter WHERE on the internet you find something, it's considered a leak if it's not made public by Cryptic or PWE.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User

I think some smallcraft could be cool. But then again they need to do more smallcraft missions too.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    jdfosterrocksjdfosterrocks Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    askray wrote: »
    Folks, it doesn't matter WHERE on the internet you find something, it's considered a leak if it's not made public by Cryptic or PWE.

Aparently they don't understand that it was a simple question that I posted. Purpose was to see if summer event was this year or not. I'm sure the staff is busy with the console ui & many other things as they are running a business afterall. If something is longer than expected, it's a concern

Not naming anyone in particular, decided to hint leaks. Not a very wise thing to do. If the Official Representatives for STP wanted to say what is going to be the new awards or whatever they would tell us under the news.

Questions, Comments, Concerns: OK ----Slamming, Flaming, Spreading Confidential Information is NOT ok.

In short, it was just in case they forgot to post as in past years we've been told 2 weeks or more atleast some kind of hint before event starts. Just like the Mod said above, if it's not official, dont post it as you can get a TOS violation.

PS Questions I noticed that there is audio missing from a scene any one else noticed? thats ok
    "" things like: this game sucks (Which it doesn't, I love this game) when are they going to fix this or that is NOT OK.
  • Options
    jdfosterrocksjdfosterrocks Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    Oh and predictions are ok. Just think of it as a job, if you know its wrong, dont do it, plain and simple.

• Options
    jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    I'd love to do the summer event myself as well but I have no idea how to get the marks is there a single player race that I can enter on risa?
  • Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    It's not race - but it's timed mission - you need to do daily solo mission with jetpack (you can buy or rent it on Risa) - fly 3 of 4 proposed tracks and return to mission NPC to get 40 tokens. Once you get 1000 tokens you do Reputation Event Project to Account-unlock ship...
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Sorry, didn't know I wasn't permitted to show a picture of the event ship or any links or name of said ship. In future I won't discuss anything not released by PWE. (FYI at least not on the forums)