test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Andorian Weapons Not Upgradeable

teranikuteraniku Member Posts: 6 Arc User
The Kumari C-Store Ship Andorian Weapons, or the Dilithium store Andorian Weapons are unable to be upgraded using the upgrade system. When I try to move any regular or Dilithium Store Andorian Weapons to the Upgrade slot in the interface the box turns Red it wont go into the "Item to be upgraded" box.

Comments

• sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    It's a well known, long ignored issue.
    1xe027q.png
  • teranikuteraniku Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Thanks for the reply
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    teraniku wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply
    The fleet ones can be upgraded. However the ones that come with the ship cannot (no white, common weapons that come with ships can be). I think the dilithium ones are left over from before the upgrade system was put in and if those cannot be upgraded, then that IS probably a bug.

Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
    edited May 2016
    teraniku wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply
    The fleet ones can be upgraded. However the ones that come with the ship cannot (no white, common weapons that come with ships can be). I think the dilithium ones are left over from before the upgrade system was put in and if those cannot be upgraded, then that IS probably a bug.

I'm assuming they're talking about the Wing Cannons, which unlike the Sao Paulo's Quad Cannons, cannot be upgraded and that's been the chief complaint about Andorian ships for a long time.
    1xe027q.png
  • kokobellokokobello Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    Nope, no one of the dilithuim store ones are upgradeble. I got screwed out of some 80 K dilithium. Had a mail conversation with the "support" only to get false statements as answer and no help to get my dilithuim back...just incoherent answers.

Briefly after that a got a mail about a customer survey....yeah right.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    kokobello wrote: »
    Nope, no one of the dilithuim store ones are upgradeble. I got screwed out of some 80 K dilithium. Had a mail conversation with the "support" only to get false statements as answer and no help to get my dilithuim back...just incoherent answers.

To be fair, not that it actually helps you or makes things better, I don't know if customer support has any knowledge of the games themselves or are even supposed to. They deal with things like harassment, technical issues, billing and can even manage to restore characters and items but I don't know if the people sitting there have any connection to games that aren't even in-hoause PWE at all, so asking them wether or not dil Andoran weapons are upgradeable will only result in copy pasting the ad text that was published when weapons upgrades got live.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    edited May 2016
    angrytarg wrote: »
    kokobello wrote: »

To be fair, not that it actually helps you or makes things better, I don't know if customer support has any knowledge of the games themselves or are even supposed to. They deal with things like harassment, technical issues, billing and can even manage to restore characters and items but I don't know if the people sitting there have any connection to games that aren't even in-hoause PWE at all, so asking them wether or not dil Andoran weapons are upgradeable will only result in copy pasting the ad text that was published when weapons upgrades got live.​​

So what you basicly are saying is that the owner and developer of the game should not be held responsible for not knowing about pretty basic stuff about their own product? Or do the right and SIMPLE thing, that is compensate the customer. Sorry but that does not fly at all. But i guess, as usual, its up to me to find out about all of the bugs and whatnots and avoid them ...AND let other players know about said bugs and broken stuff, thus doing cryptics job....

Post edited by kokobello on
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    That's the thing - the developer of this game has nothing to do with customer support, it's two different companies and that's part of the problem here.

Report the bug via the forums and tickets and let's hope together that someone picks it up and adresses it at one point. pig-1.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    angrytarg wrote: »
    That's the thing - the developer of this game has nothing to do with customer support, it's two different companies and that's part of the problem here.

Report the bug via the forums and tickets and let's hope together that someone picks it up and adresses it at one point. pig-1.gif​​

Sorry, I´m not lashing out at you here!
    Its like me saying to a customer that comes in to my store with a book that by the purchase are missing some pages- "Hey i didnt make this book...im just selling it. Take it up with the printer/publisher. Move along now."

I want some customer service...

It's been my experience that CSR hasn't got a clue about in-game issues/bugs or how to fix or work around them. Reporting on the forums (and reading them) has been infinitely more useful and helpful than using the in-game ticket system in getting things addressed and fixed. Especially since the ticket system generally gives little more than a cookie-cutter response that offers no help at all.
    1xe027q.png