test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I miss Jupiter Force STOked show :/

comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
Anyone else remember the good old days when STOked was hosted by Chris and Jeremy ( @borticuscryptic )

I do , and I miss it... :'( Anyone else?
6tviTDx.png

Comments

• Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Anyone else remember the good old days when STOked was hosted by Chris and Jeremy ( @borticuscryptic )

I do , and I miss it... :'( Anyone else?

Yep. Also remember they used to put out a few transcriptions for those dirty people who don't hear so well.

(Last time I suggested it, I got 'laughed' at).
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    I miss it. But I think I'm a little bit biased.

On the other hand, to be frank, it's more fun to work on the game than just talk about it and speculate. ;)
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    jarenriccarjarenriccar Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    but it would still be nice if something like that still happened. like that, or the videos with @zeroniusrex and branflakes, or any of those little talk shows on the game. it was a key part of the community to me. i also miss "the voice of Star Trek Online" back when it really was.
    27507930894_3855d74146_o.jpg

• Options
    ltbazzltbazz Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    I miss it very much!
    That saying, I started playing STO somewhen after the F2P Launch. So about the time when STOked went downhill or probably even after it retired.
    Sounds strange? Yeah, bloody temporal mechanics and stuff ;-)

It was not my first time listening, but I am just rewatching the playlist as I am leveling my AoY Alt. (Btw, Jupiter Broadcasting, please put them in order or let me do it for you! ;-) )
    STOked was just so ... upbeat, without shying away from hard questions.

I just don't get that from other STO podcasts anymore.
    Like jarenriccar said, "it would still be nice if something like that still happened".
    Heck, I would even say: It would be vital for the community to have something like that.
    I miss it. But I think I'm a little bit biased.

On the other hand, to be frank, it's more fun to work on the game than just talk about it and speculate. ;)

Jeremy, I am very glad for you! Sounds just like your dream job.

Even if it's late, I just wanna thank you for your enthusiasm, dedication and ... math (-teaching) you put into STOked!
    (I should probably thank you as least as much for your work on STO, but that I can't evaluate.)

Same goes for Chris! (I have very few accounts, no Youtube, so I am putting it here).
    And Bryan ... was fun.

• Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I think STOked was more straight forward...and I learned more from them. These days game information is dished out with in-game politics and personal agendas and showing off.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    doubleohninedoubleohnine Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    Miss it too. When they went off, I agreed with Chris, the future seemed bleak for STO and I totally understood why Chris lost that Lovin Feeling. But now the game is decent, content isnt too far away, unlike the Year of Content Hell. I dont even know what Chris is up to these days, havnt tuned in in years. Use to watch the Faux Show and I stopped that too when STOked died. If Chris had the time, would love to see STOked come back once a month, with Jeremy skyping in and giving us insider info. At once a month, the shows would have good content and less filler, and Cryptic gets a visual podcast voice again. I stopped listening to all the radio shows. But would tune back in to see some preview artwork and stuff that Jeremy would be allowed to show.
    STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
    Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Crusader