test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvP: Improve or remove?

Comments

• taar007taar007 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I would like to see PvP improved!!!
    I play mostly PVP in STO, and would like to have an opportunity to play PVP more often in public queues. Considering we have less PVP players available, is it possible to have 1v1/2v2 public queues available with not prearranged teaming possibility?
  • yeswecantyeswecant Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I personally believe that the state pvp is in is very regrettable.
    I don't think STO should remain a purely solo/coop MMO.

Let's make PVP great again

Edit:
    My bad, forgot about the "no long posts thing"
    Post edited by yeswecant on
  • baldguywithacapebaldguywithacape Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    I mean besides PvP there is nothing else to do in this game. It has a lot of potential, but it hasn't been worked on. Also, from what I can tell, the people saying to remove it are saying "I don't like PvP in ANY game", in which case it doesn't matter. PvP is the only possible challenging aspect to the game, and a large chunk of the player base played STO simply because its PvP gameplay was different. Let's get this game up and running again!
  • stoopitnoobstoopitnoob Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I vote improve.

Ways to improve (PS4 console)

Create specific pvp sectors where others can go in and be flagged. It's already a feature in ice wind on neverwinter. Once flagged you can be pvp engaged by other flagged people in the entire sector.

Use an ship item score for determining queuing players. Player levels aren't a good indicator due to the new player coming in to check it out when turning freshly 50 and using VII green ship items. You just ruined the whole pvp experience for said player.

That's all I have. Thank you.
  • tedchrotedchro Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    i vote althoughi dont play the game anymore becouse for me all the fun isnot in pve. I mean where is the challenge? i want full flesh opponents and the balance thing if someone cannot invest in improving his ship and and his gameplay then he should stay with pve. PVP all the fun even it is hard to compete if you dont invest and it raises the stakes
  • bluegenderqqbluegenderqq Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I vote yes for pvp.

Ever play starfleet command?
    You don't have to limit what ships people can fly, you dont have to remove consoles. You just have to add a Price to thoes consoles. Say you start with 10,000 fake fitting credits... You wanna use that OP console you got from cstore? gonna cost you 2k-3k credits. Guess what? now you cant fit a full rack of cannons on your ship and the shields you want. GG. It'd take awhile to price everything out and it wouldnt be easy, but if you want balance in structured pvp que matches... then there you go. The ship will cost you, the consoles will cost you. In sfc they did frig only matches/cruisers/dreads etc. you could prolly set something up like that for ship classes, incase someone wants to fly an oldie but goldie, giving value to our older ships.

Just my 2cents.

Oh and open pvp should just remain the same.. its open pvp, in any game you get pinched real fast.
  • tripwire690tripwire690 Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    Improve PvP. PvE players shouldn't complain about something they aren't passionate or never worked to become good at. The passionate players will stay. The passionate players are still here. The new TRUE pvp players....They will ask questions and grow. They will lose and re-engineer their ships to adapt. They will queue up and visit Kerrat and sharpen their skills on the good ideas of other players they meet in combat.

We have given you 7 years of our support. The least thing you could do is give us a few god damned maps and a balance pass to make combat in Star Trek Online engaging again for both PvP AND PvE players. Improve PvP. What the hell have you been waiting for? And what the hell have you got to lose Cryptic?
    starfleet_department_of_temporal_investigations_by_gazomg-da64jys.jpg

Let no other Captain discourage you from what you believe you can achieve in PvP. Debuffs and Disables be damned! Charge up your Backstep and Forge your build out of Lock Boxes, Consoles, and Flash Sales feeding off of only your pure will to chain, spam, and hax your way forward. You will not be forgotten to history.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Oh come on>>>>$10 Million? To balance PvP just on STO? Seriously?

I thought low level PvP was good? How hard could it be to lock PvP to low level gear?
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • daviddxxdaviddxx Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    PvP is well balanced and got a great Gameplay. :)
    Regarts
    David
    fIDFtkM.gif
    Star Trek Online
    *** Aktiv since 03.06.10 ***
  • yoda2005yoda2005 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    PvP is in the best state ever and the players love it.
    s7CQHZ3.jpg

I never do the PvP part of the game. Nor will I ever do it. I am just too horrible with video games. I just think it is interesting, and would like to see a revival.

I used to read the PvP forums 4-5 years ago, when I first started playing. Because there was a lot of information there (and funny interactions, too). It felt like a community.

Partially, it was the bantering going on with Pandas and Hobos and Dental....and god knows who else...and the over analyzing of the game mechanics etc. Part of it was the PvP Boot Camp thing.

I think it is sad they let that part of the community go. PvP really does bring people together and to work together....not all locked up to their own little private groups.

One can only do this DPS thing for so long before....well, it gets boring because there is no challenger who equals you. Killing NPCs becomes similar to "ganking a noobie" All. The. Time....I hope I am using the proper terms there.

It may be a time saver, but there is no way that can be that fun for anyone.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • daviddxxdaviddxx Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    daviddxx wrote: »
    PvP is well balanced and got a great Gameplay. :)

Oh wait.. my mistake there..

you got.. F2P, MMO, Sci-Fi and Action.

stoenglischzgeu285xmt.jpg

We got .. Action, Sci-Fi and PvP.

stodeutsch4drghplyw6.jpg

I feel sorry for you Guys.. . :p
    Regarts
    David
    fIDFtkM.gif
    Star Trek Online
    *** Aktiv since 03.06.10 ***
  • grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    I would like to see PvP removed!!!
    I say time to get rid of it and the accolade system too. I look at the pvp boards and it's like a ghost town. It's been like that for longer than I can remember.
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    I would like to see PvP removed!!!
    Doubtful
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • kyle223catkyle223cat Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    Yep, it's the same people using the same builds that one shot the few people who try to PvP in a normal build. They may claim that everything is fine, but it's not. It's never been as dead as it is now, and I doubt it'll get better. It's just not fun anymore, and the vast majority of people who stuck around after DR don't PvP anymore.
    da84303d8bc4080b9860968f634f98682215bbe5.gifv
  • laneweshlanewesh Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2017

i think i would star to play pvp in this game, all i do is random fights with random people that that randomly invite me :neutral:

I think its the mods that are in pvp in a need of a mprovement, altough they are tied with story development, it might be hard.
  • leguxoliverleguxoliver Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    My main grief at the currently pvp is .. it s not well integrated in the general game .

Just hidden in a corner without any influence on the game . you can fly in all the universe quietly / being afk without any risk of being attacked .

pvp is a bit like the big threats (borgs / iconians /tholians / etc /...) purely optional , the galaxy is in danger ? not really space travels are like a nice cruise .... for retired people .. not challenge .. real fight .. it s sad ... and quiet .
  • scotsladscotslad Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    PVP is STO is to unbalanced, if you are new to pvp, struggle to get the required gear to take part and want to pvp, you don't stand a chance.

Two area's need to be looked at, first and foremost, spawn camping. Dominating is one thing but I feel, as do many others that the spawn area MUST be a pvp free area where any combat is disabled, similar to the mechanic that prevents warping out while in combat. Also, move it away from NPC's, a bit like say, the Dyson/badlands etc spawn areas, but have it that you cannot attack or be attacked in these area's (for open pvp area's). People enter these zones to pvp and expect to be killed or vice versa but pvp without the most basic of rules (or rules that are ignored by the game creators and players alike) is not pvp but akin to playground bullying.

Second, something need to be put in place to stop one player being singled out, this IS harassment and IS against the Terms and Conditions of game play as the terms do NOT specify pve or pvp, it is a general rule. https://www.arcgames.com/en/about/terms Section 15.2 (f. “stalk,” threaten or otherwise harass or cause discomfort to another;). This needs to be addressed. Sure, you can ignore someone but that doesn't stop them for forcing you to abandon part of the game, yes, the players choose to take part and also have the choice to leave but to be told to leave over and over, or prevented taking part in part of the game by being singled out (bypass all other players and targeting a single player repeatedly because of a comment or other action is disliked). I am not talking about once or twice, I am talking about 10, 20 etc times being prevented from doing anything except leave.

Yes, I have been on the receiving end of this, yes, I went to the other open space pvp zone to complete the daily and YES, the player followed me there and continued to harass. Complaints to cryptic have been made but it appears NOTHING has been done. These players seem to have items that can only be gotten via ships that are only available through the zen market, these items give them an advantage, is this why nothing is being done, because they spend money? If this truly is the case then cryptic is putting money over the players yet you made the game, free to play. This is more and more making it feel like pay to win system and not free to play.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with people spending money on the game but if the game is to say in the current setup then things need to be done out with the monetary system to even the game out like the above suggestion. Or, just remove Open pvp and have it set to a Que only pvp system. That is the easiest thing to do, that way, pvpers can still pvp but in a relatively controlled zone that they MUST que up for. A clear separation needs to be done between pve and pvp parts of the game.
    I am not a complete idiot, just part of me is missing! I have Aspergers (Autistic Spectrum Disorder), I stick to the rules, if I see a glitch, I report it, if I see abuse I report it. This is me, this is how I am and cannot deviate from it to keep others happy. My characters Scott@tallon2k , Dillel@tallon2k ,Selu@tallon2k
    My personal site scotslad.webs.com
    Sorry to hear people are treating you in this way.

Yeah, the stalking one person around to different instances and locations, over and over...that is not part of competition or good sportsmanship. And a huge problem when players think this is the way to go about PvP. It isn't. It is harassing.

Not sure what the GOOD solution is.

Though, Cryptic thinks: ignore it and it goes away. Well, Cryptic...it isn't disappearing. It is getting worse because they can get away with doing it. And are getting bolder.

SMH.....I can only laugh, sadly, at this TRIBBLE.

scotslad wrote: »
    PVP is STO is to unbalanced, if you are new to pvp, struggle to get the required gear to take part and want to pvp, you don't stand a chance.

Two area's need to be looked at, first and foremost, spawn camping. Dominating is one thing but I feel, as do many others that the spawn area MUST be a pvp free area where any combat is disabled, similar to the mechanic that prevents warping out while in combat. Also, move it away from NPC's, a bit like say, the Dyson/badlands etc spawn areas, but have it that you cannot attack or be attacked in these area's (for open pvp area's). People enter these zones to pvp and expect to be killed or vice versa but pvp without the most basic of rules (or rules that are ignored by the game creators and players alike) is not pvp but akin to playground bullying.

Second, something need to be put in place to stop one player being singled out, this IS harassment and IS against the Terms and Conditions of game play as the terms do NOT specify pve or pvp, it is a general rule. https://www.arcgames.com/en/about/terms Section 15.2 (f. “stalk,” threaten or otherwise harass or cause discomfort to another;). This needs to be addressed. Sure, you can ignore someone but that doesn't stop them for forcing you to abandon part of the game, yes, the players choose to take part and also have the choice to leave but to be told to leave over and over, or prevented taking part in part of the game by being singled out (bypass all other players and targeting a single player repeatedly because of a comment or other action is disliked). I am not talking about once or twice, I am talking about 10, 20 etc times being prevented from doing anything except leave.

Yes, I have been on the receiving end of this, yes, I went to the other open space pvp zone to complete the daily and YES, the player followed me there and continued to harass. Complaints to cryptic have been made but it appears NOTHING has been done. These players seem to have items that can only be gotten via ships that are only available through the zen market, these items give them an advantage, is this why nothing is being done, because they spend money? If this truly is the case then cryptic is putting money over the players yet you made the game, free to play. This is more and more making it feel like pay to win system and not free to play.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with people spending money on the game but if the game is to say in the current setup then things need to be done out with the monetary system to even the game out like the above suggestion. Or, just remove Open pvp and have it set to a Que only pvp system. That is the easiest thing to do, that way, pvpers can still pvp but in a relatively controlled zone that they MUST que up for. A clear separation needs to be done between pve and pvp parts of the game.

• bobs1111bobs1111 Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    scotslad wrote: »

It sounds to me like you went to a PvP zone and are upset you found PvP there.

This game is 8 years old, yes a lot of players have darn near every zen store ship, fleet versions of the ones they fly or Lockbox ships. Golden gear, perfect sets of ship and space traits, doffs, boffs ect ect.

If you are really really new to the game, if your looking for PvP your best bet is to enter the zone realizing your not going to be finishing any "PvP Daily" in kerrat accept perhaps the good day to die mission if your KDF. If you are new why would you expect to have = Knowledge let alone gear to players that have possibly been playing for 8 years. Enter the zone say hey I'm new... and ask questions. Be ok with exploding, pay attention if you can to what it is that is popping you. Try and learn by watching what others are doing. You will also find that the handful of long time PvPers in STO tend to be pretty decent people. Come in with the right attitude and they will help you get better. They will give you tips on how to farm the f2p system for ships, gear and all the stuff you will want to trick out your ride. More importantly most are more then willing to share tips tricks and answer pretty much any question you have.

As an aside if the player that kept shooing you was always doing it in the zone you where in... that is the intent of the zone. Its not harassment to shoot the other teams players in a PvP map no matter how many times they do it. You are fair game. Harassment only applies if they followed you around the game or where sending you nasty PMs or something. If they where typing standard kerrat trash talk in ZONE chat that is 100% what you should expect in a PvP zone.

Cryptic isn't going to add borg protection zones so you can run the PvE mission. That map has 2 sides, if the FEDS complete the map the KDF players get ziltch and Vice Versa. Shooting the other players team so they can't do the mission is sort of the point. At this point after 8 years of shooting borg though I will tell you that if your there trying to run the PvE mission some players will shoot you just to keep the mission undone... every time its completed the map resets and everyone respawns breaking up any fights going on. If the zone is full and long time pvpers are 50k up on the Z axis fighting they don't want the mission resetting. If your there when there are decent fights happening ya possible someone will follow you and mission block you so their buddies can keep fighting.

Ask for help in game... you'll get it.
  • ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    I would like to see PvP the same!!!
    Improve it, or remove it, or teach it to say "Polly wanna cracker" if you so wish... Do whatever you want of it, regardless. I never cared for PvP, and never will.
This discussion has been closed.