2»

Comments

• Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    Please ignore troll.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    I am curious about account/character transfer as well. I really hope they allow it but I definitely understand the technical hurdles especially with Xbox. It might work like Tribble which would be acceptable.
  • Options
    So let me get this strait, Microsoft went all Apple with their Microsoft Live network design? Oh the irony. LOL
  • Options
    chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    And in my opinion and fanboys get your flamethrowers, I don't know if it's wise to do that. First lets use PS2/PC of FFXI as an example of PC users being brought down by the ps2's lifespan limitationsl. At leasst FFXIV uses 2 seperate engines to prevent that from happening, here's hoping STO does the same. Still, Consoles are on al imited lifespan, I really don't knwo if this is a good idea tbh. With the new Wii already being announced, you know Sony/Microsoft aren't far behind.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • Options
    darrylhainesdarrylhaines Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Will be interesting to see if they charge the console players the same amount for c-store ships and the like....
  • Options
    thelordofshadesthelordofshades Member Posts: 258 Arc User
    Another moment is possible dubious consequences for the current PC version.
    If the launch of the console version causes the crossover of a considerable part of the current playerbase to consoles - it might effectively kill the PC version. And then all PC-only players are going to be ... well, screwed.
    It makes me wonder how thoroughly Cryptic/PWE accounted for this scenario.
  • Options
    I rather doubt it. People aren't gonna jump ship for another platform overnight especially when it has a $350 price tag. I'm perfectly happy with my computers.