test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game keeps timing out

lordatrocitieslordatrocities Member Posts: 462 Arc User
I have done all the trouble shooting on my end to and can say that my side of the things is NOT the issue. The game servers, authentication, log in, etc servers are having serious issues. I am consistently time out when loading, cannot select characters, or have horrific lag times that often result in TIME OUT errors when a character is selected but won't load. Again, I am getting full connection from my ISP and none of the other on line games I play are affected. No settings or program updates on my system are behind this. This issue is persistent across three PC's and two separate ISP connections.
What happened to those unique forum ranks I paid for?

Comments

• Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    Today i returned to STO after break and i must say... what a lag, and rubberbanding, and plain timeout disconnect... :(

I know it's not my computer or my connection fault, but it maybe something on track from your serwer to mine... after all, i'm in Europe.

But please, check you serwers, we have coming soon Crystaline Cataclysm, and if it will be plagued by lags, the forum will burn from all the flame posts...
  • Options
    lordatrocitieslordatrocities Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    It has been reported that they are using outdated enterprise servers that are in bad shape. But they are exploring upgrading and such. Let's hope so.
    What happened to those unique forum ranks I paid for?
  • Options
    cklibcklib Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    It really effin' stinks that you queue for the Na'kuhl Red Alert and then SNRs appear shortly before completion, you get swiftly disconnected and -- when logging back in -- removed from the instance, so you have to do it all over. And as you queue up for a second time it happens yet again! As an added bonus, suddenly the account server won't respond anymore, so you cannot get back into the game at all. Do we have to put up with this every night now, Cryptic?

What a waste of time this game has become.
  • Options
    doctorwho41doctorwho41 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Yeah, I've been having issues with the server timing out while in the middle of the "Hide and Seek" quest, also having issues such as the ship freezing up in combat, and having the ship moved back a few km after a freeze. Then the server drops me. I have a stable high-speed WIFI connection, and none of my other MMOs (WoW, SWtOR) do this. Maybe ARC needs to look into having more than one game server available for STO, like the Realmslist in WoW. My guess is that the server is clogged with everyone trying to get in at once. The server just can't handle the load, and so it packs it in.

Hate being in the middle of a character-specific instance, with no other players around, and getting dropped the same as if I were out between systems, or in Sol Space.