test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Getting stuck in stars more frequently after 11.5

hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
I've noticed my ships getting stuck in stars more frequently after this update, which is very very strange. I have not deviated at all from my regular sector space routine. It has happened at least every other day after parking my ship next to a star and logging out or switching characters.

Comments

• sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    I've had this happen, too. It's like glitching through objects on ground. If you beam down or log out while too close to the star, you'll get stuck in it.
    1xe027q.png
  • cklibcklib Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Pretty sure it happens more because of this new problem introduced last week, Sector Space Autopilot Overshooting Target Destination, where your ships will frequently end up much closer to stars than they used to before. Already previously, when you left the sector space map (logging out, entering a star system, etc.) too close to a star, especially larger ones, and then later came back to the sector space map, there was a chance for your ship to get stuck in the star. Currently, your ships will often bump right into a star's surface because of the new sector space autopilot problem. So I am not surprised this is happening more often now.
    Post edited by cklib on
  • johnnyray14#4257 johnnyray14 Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    EDIT: I'm overshooting all of the autonavigate destinations now too---except the diplomatic clusters, which I always undershot before. Now those are just right!! Time to max out all those assignment chains :).

Interesting, I've always been undershooting my destinations until that problem, since which I've been hitting destinations precisely, especially the clusters. But yeah, I'm getting stuck in stars now all the time too, especially after doing patrol missions in the Delta quadrant.

Post edited by johnnyray14#4257 on