test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Consign Prisoners to Colonial Labor Batallion Duty Officer Assignment won't start

wisecasperwisecasper Member Posts: 176 Arc User
I have come across, and reported, this issue ingame before. But first time on the forum. Apart from the high chance of disaster can anyone see any reason why I would not be able to begin this duty officer assignment with the 10 doffs shown (or a different variety of 10 I tried before)?

Thanks

5xsd94.jpg
Rj6YZR.gif
@Wisecasper
Non-faction Ship Bridge Collector and Junk Hauler with alt-itis

Contact in-game to add your fleet to a casual, friendly Armada

Comments

• Options
    murkalael#7691 murkalael Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    I do this assigment since day one with my ROM/KDF, so far 100% success
    IInLzhi.gif
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    There was a time (before "space" blocks were merged), that if you moved out of the sector block/square the DOFF assignments was found, you could not start it. IOW, it was not available in the new location the ship had moved into.

These days, I come to a complete stop (on the borders) so I have not noticed if that is still the case.

Are you moving around sector space as you DOFF?
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    wisecasperwisecasper Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    This Doff mission is only available from a security officer and I have done it many times before on many characters, just occasionally having this problem.

If I visit the security officer and get the mission without starting it then change character the mission may still be available for the new character if they were on Qo'nos too with an issue not unsimilar to this, which can be resolved by picking the mission up again from the security officer but that is not the case. I am standing in front of the security officer that gave me the assignment unable to start it. I waited a moment too because I find with some of the contraband missions they can be viable but take 5 seconds for the begin assignment button to become available.
    Rj6YZR.gif
    @Wisecasper
    Non-faction Ship Bridge Collector and Junk Hauler with alt-itis

Contact in-game to add your fleet to a casual, friendly Armada
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    I think that is related to the lag on the DOFF page that comes up sometimes. It usually shows up for me when the menu is refreshing after I start an assignment.

I do not have to go to the security officer as much, these days...so I have not noticed how he is acting.

Sorry about the lack of info for you...I couldn't see much detail on the pic you shared and all I could see was the gray button at the bottom....and I gave you the only instance I remembered DOFF assignments acting that way for me.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin