test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anyone know if you can have multiple ships that are the same?

Ok so this is a little confusing so I will try and explain it the best that I can.
So, I won a contest and got a t6 Astika battlecruiser but I already have the ship. So what I'm wondering is If I use the code for the ship (The 2 ships that are the same have different codes, not the same code) Will I get the ship in my inventory so I can sell or trade it? Or will the code just be wasted as I already own the ship and It won't give me any tradeable item.

Many thanks to anyone who has the correct answer for this as I couldn't find anything online about this issue anywhere.

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,176 Community Moderator
    If you already have one commissioned... probably won't work. Unless you got multiple characters then I don't see why you can't claim it on an alt.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    If you already have one commissioned... probably won't work. Unless you got multiple characters then I don't see why you can't claim it on an alt.
    If it's in fact a single character unlock, it might work and allow you to reclaim it on a second one. Hmm.

You could try asking support. It will probably take some time for a reply, but if you want anything definitive, it's your best chance, I think.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    zerosinderzerosinder Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Yeah I talked to the live chat and they had no idea so they opened a ticket for me earlier today. I have yet to hear back from them and I was hoping someone else may have ran into this before and knew the answer.
    If anyone knows for sure that would be awesome. If not I guess I will have to wait for there Tech support to get back to me on in.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    I don't think you'll be able to trade a ship given to you by Cryptic.

Your only action will be to claim it on another character, unless I am mistaken?
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Well astika is a lobi ship so normally you'd recieve that boxed, regardless if you already have one commissioned (unboxed).
    You could then trade that on the exchange or person to person.
    The only fear I have is that if its a redeem code, they may want you to take it as an unboxed ship-straight to your space dock... Chances are pretty slim for this...but if so, youd only be able to claim it on a second character.
    Or you'd have to delete your commissioned astika to redeem the code sucessfully.
    I'm guessing you'll get it boxed though.
    So you're probably looking at about 200-250 mil ec should you decide to sell it...maybe a bit less.

Its got one hell of a trait, that's for sure.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    It won't work.

There is no method that lets you sell or trade a C-Store ship. How you acquire the ship is not relevant, once claimed they're either put straight into your ship roster or in a bound to character box in your inventory. If you try and redeem the code for an item you already own, you'll most likely just get an error message saying you already own it. Worst case is it just consumes the code and gives nothing in return.

You're best off giving the code to a friend, or maybe trading it to someone that has something else to give in exchange.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    But astika is a lobi ship. Those always come boxed. Unless op is referring to the cstore "Arbiter"...
    Then its a no-no on trading it.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    Ship giveaways aren't tradeable as far as I know. A long time ago they had an Arc giveaway for a Ferengi Shuttle (a lobi ship). But the box it came in was bound to account. I assume it's the same situation here.

Also, if you already have that exact ship commissioned you won't be able to open the box on that character. You should read the claiming process and rules on the giveaway page on the website you got the code from. Usually they tell you how to claim the item and what the restrictions are. It's probably just 1 ship per code that can be claimed only on 1 character. The box will say if it's bound to character or bound to account as well as the info in the c -store (at least it should).

It wasn't actually a giveaway. Doing a quick Google search it appears it was a contest to win a code for the ship. The contest for all websites seems to have ended April 17, 2016 and there doesn't seem to be any current contests for an Astika ship.

Some of the websites stated that you could only claim it once per account, but none said whether the ship came in a box bound to account or bound to character. Some websites didn't mention it at all, but I'm assuming it's the same for all of them (1 ship per account).

You should find the ship in the Promotions tab of the c-store after adding the code to your account. Make sure to claim it on a character that doesn't already have that ship and for a character you want to use the ship on, just in case it's bound to character.
  • Options
    crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer
    Based on the timeframe, I believe I can be of assistance here.

The giveaway was of one unbound boxed Astika. You can only claim it once on your account, but the character does not matter. Keep in mind, you will not be able to reclaim this from the C-Store should you no longer have the ship or the box for whatever reason.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Odd, I have never heard of a code for a Lobi ship before.

I would do what monkeybone said, claim it on a character that doesn't have it. That way if the box isn't tradeable, at least that character can use it.
    Insert witty signature line here.