test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bugged: Na'kuhl Temporal Operative Personal Shield

yakodymyakodym Member Posts: 362 Arc User
The target of the Na'kuhl Temporal Operative Personal Shield's "Time Slip" ability does not appear to be the wearer of the shield, but rather the captain only, even if said shield is currently equipped on a bridge officer. Bridge officers wearing the NTOPS trigger "Time Slip" upon reaching 10% shields, but they do not create a distortion of themselves, instead a distortion of the captain appears, and it's only the captain that is protected by the red bubble of invincibility. "Time Slip" then appears to enter a team-wide cooldown, effectively making equipping multiple NTOPSs across your team of boffs useless - they don't get the protection they might need, so they die - and then the enemies turn on your captain, but oops, the "Time Slip" is now on cooldown, so your captain dies too.

Comments

• Options
    voiddweller#2714 voiddweller Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    I guess cryptic don't want you to equip your whole away team with these. And yeah, universal CD feels like penalty that way...
  • Options
    semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    Odd it doesn't do that for me and all 4 of my Boffs use it. They each get the barrier but it does look like me and they do get protected.
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

• Options
    Here's a creenshot of NTOPS in action - I stayed behind and sent one of my boffs ahead to fight some Voth. At the moment of the screenshot being taken, my shields were full and nobody was attacking me, the only one with the depleted shields was my boff (you can sort of see the energy stream connecting the immunity bubble to the distortion somewhere waaay ahead, where it was triggered).

158bd07512_102850389_o2.jpg
  • Options
    x3of9x3of9 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    I have this shield (and armor) only equipped on a single BOff and am experiencing the same issue.
    His shields drop and I end up with distortions and Immunity. He dies.
    U.S.S. Marathon - NX-92781
  • Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    The Gun is also somewhat bugged: charging for secondary attack can be interrupted (target run out of angle/range of fire, got knocked down by enemy, other interruptions) and it will not fire, but cooldown for secondary fire mode will still engage... or at least it did for me.
    Edit:
    Also it's called "Na'kuhl Temporal Operative Assault Mk... " and it's held like heavy weapon, but it actually benefits from "Rifle Training" Personal Ground Trait (and not from "Assault Training").
    Post edited by saber1973a on
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Well, this explains why I keep having the effect trigger even when my shields are full.

I really hope this is going to be fixed because I did that mission 5 times to get the shield for my Engineer and all her BoFFs and upgraded them all to mark XIV. The goal was to increase the survival time of her Bridge Officers, but they way they are currently working, the ability is next to useless because it's always on cooldown. :(
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    Update: When equipped on boffs, the shields no longer share a cooldown, but it's still the captain who gets the protection, not the boff wearing the shield.