test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gary Seven...?

Was just thinking about 5-5-16. With the Temporal War going on whats Seven up to? Maybe we'll get recruited. Doubt it would happen but just a thought.
i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!

Comments

• Options
    benben500benben500 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    Gary Seven was not from the future, he was descended from humans abducted from Earth. You might be thinking about Daniels from Enterprise, he was a time traveller from the future.
    "Bloody explorers, ponce off to Mumbo Jumbo land, come home with a tropical disease, a suntan and a bag of brown lumpy things, and Bob's your uncle, everyone's got a picture of them in the lavatory."
    -Edmund Blackadder-
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,768 Arc User
    benben500 wrote: »
    Gary Seven was not from the future, he was descended from humans abducted from Earth. You might be thinking about Daniels from Enterprise, he was a time traveler from the future.

There is really no way to tell if Seven was telling the whole truth about who he was or where/when he had come from. Spock suspected he was a time traveler, in the end it seems as if Spock and Kirk took his word for it that he was from the same time period as he had arrived in (i.e mid-20th century), but since the spin-off series never took place, there are many ways to use the Gary Seven personae.

Should our Captain(s) find ourselves back in that time period, he/she could even find need of Mister Sevens assistance. :) It would be even more amusing if Seven of Nine traveled with us. Episode: Two Sevens, No Waiting. :smiley:

f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    there are many ways to use the Gary Seven personae.
    You mean, persona, don't you?
    Post edited by tacticalrook on
    /channel_join grind
  • Options
    there are many ways to use the Gary Seven personae.
    You mean, persona, don't you?
    Probably. I mean, yes. The singular. ;)

• Options
    themartianthemartian Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    There are some non-canon explanations of Gary Seven and who he works for that could play into a temporal war. I'd be interested if they went that way.
    My alt army:
    K'ymara, Orion Engineer. Caedera of Borg, Liberated Borg Tactical, Elyza Vix, Joined Trill Scientist. Christina Bellona, Augmented Human Tactical.
    T'Lana, Vulcan Scientist. Arbol, Martian Tactical. Ayzer Bryn, Joined Trill Engineer. Hawke, Betazoid Scientist. Karna Valkras, Klingon Engineer. Beth Parker, Human Tactical
    Sarel, Romulan Engineer (Federation). Yazuri, Reman Scientist (KDF)
  • Options
    darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    I know Seven stated that he was from the 20th century time period and there to stop a major event from happening. Future insight from the mystery world he's from? Maybe they are time travelers themselves. After all they can beam across the galaxy
    original join date 2010

• Options
    cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    There could definitely be an interesting storyline to play out around the Eugenics Wars, huh? If you wanted to change the history of the Federation, you could do a lot of damage by nudging the outcome of the Eugenics Wars. And we'd get to play STO with a great cast of TOS characters like maybe Khan himself, Kirk & co., and perhaps Seven if you let something creep in from the novels.
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    For all you Larry Niven fans, Gary Seven could be from New Terra. Well he could be if the Puppeteers came and got some humans rather than waiting to capture Longpass. tiger-35.gif

Hey if they do this can we have playable Puppeteer Scouts? normal-2.gif​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    Star Trek Anthology was/is/probably-might-not-now make a Gary Seven show along with their Starship Challenger and Mother shows....​​
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Altering or preventing an Event from happening. If you remember the Race that recruited him from that time period could mask their Planet. Gary also knew Kirk and company were humans from the future as they were with Vulcans.

Also by this time it would seem Starfleet has 'prefected' use of the Lightspeed Breakaway Factor...

'Captain's log. Using the lightspeed breakaway factor, the Enterprise has moved back through time to the twentieth century. We are now in extended orbit around Earth, using our ship's deflector shields to remain unobserved. Our mission, historical research. We are monitoring Earth communications to find out how our planet survived desperate problems in the year 1968.'

Who were the Race of 'Isis' that could beam people 1,000 Lightyears across the Galaxy, knew the future, could mask their Planet, etc.? To coin a phrase from another Star Trek Episode, we are just 'penny-ante operators'.

And by 'we' I include Daniels and all this 29th or 31st Century stuff.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    If I remember right non canon sources said they were the Aegis? BTW who you callin' penny-ante?
    original join date 2010

• Options
    I'm calling 'you' penny-ante. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    Now listen, sweetheart. The Federation's moving in, taking over. You play ball, we'll cut you in. You don't, you're out. All the way out. You know what I mean?

Love that Ep. :)

Absolutely no reason to return to Sigma Iotia Two in game, but I'd be so much fun if we could revisit that planet only to discover they tried to copy what the learned of the Federation, via that visit and any other ships sent to collect "the cut", and ended up dressing like Star Fleet office, and still acting as they think Kirk would expect them to, yet mostly still talking like 20s gangsters. :smiley:
  • Options
    See that's the thing about TOS. A lot was encountered but never revisited.
    original join date 2010

• Options
    990.7 Lightyears to be precise. However, what we have here is one Planet that can transport something almost 1,000 Lightyears away, probably to a random location. A different Planet can Cloak (or Temporally Phase Shift).

However, we have one Planet that can precisely transport someone to a specific location 1,000 Lightyears away. They can Cloak or Phase Shift their Planet. And they know future events and what can be done to prevent or allow events to unfold as necessary.

Certainly seems more awesome.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    I predict that Gary Seven is working with the Na'kuhl and will see him on the 5th...

Did anyone else note on the General's ship, the distinct sound of a ToS communicator when he opened channels to the fleet to move out?
  • Options
    About 5/5 check this out:
    http://www.spahouston.org/show?ShowId=150
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    ltminns wrote: »

Pretty sure that's coincidental. Especially since 5/5 is a Thursday patch day, matching the end of the last week of the current Featured Episode. There's definitely something new coming in-game that they felt was special enough to warrant a teaser of NCC-1701. Presumably, it actually involves us interacting once again with Kirk and Company. Maybe the big surprise is who they got to do voicework?
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• Options
    talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User
    tousseau wrote: »
    I predict that Gary Seven is working with the Na'kuhl and will see him on the 5th...

Did anyone else note on the General's ship, the distinct sound of a ToS communicator when he opened channels to the fleet to move out?

I did notice that, but just chalked it up to someone at cryptic using the wrong sound effect.
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    You mean, like how they used a sound bite for the teaser that was very reminiscent of the J.J. Entersprise?

No... no... no... this is all a very calculated action by Cryptic...
    *adjusts the antennae on his tinfoil hat...*
  • Options
    Wait...there is a TOS communicator sound in game? Where's my TOS communicator then! I wants! :p
    original join date 2010

• Options
    E2. Enterprise vs Enterprise in the Star Trek Enterprise Episode E2 which was broadcast on 5/5.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    tousseau wrote: »
    You mean, like how they used a sound bite for the teaser that was very reminiscent of the J.J. Entersprise?

No... no... no... this is all a very calculated action by Cryptic...
    *adjusts the antennae on his tinfoil hat...*

Anyone who puts an antenna on a tinfoil hat is doing it wrong.
    signs_tinfoil_hats-thumb-425x227-31863.jpg
    It needs a spike so that if you see an alien, you can charge it and pierce it's gray hide. tinfoil.gif

Beyond the crazy talk, some folks in Texas are going to have a nerd of a time at an all trek music concert. Hats off to you, you lucky *bleeps*.