test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Shields bug

cavaleriuscavalerius Member Posts: 126 Arc User
So I have this strange shield bug where the hud showing your shields is glitching. Whenever a shield facing reaches 0% the hud suddenly shows that facing at 100%. The graphics for the game show weapons hitting the ships hull, and hull points drop, but the facing shows 100% nonetheless, making it hard to know if in battle a shield facing is full, or bugging out and is actually at 0. Died several times as a result of this after thinking lol this borg ship isn't even hurting my shields. Oh wait a minute...

Now I used to amuse myself by playing realistically with no shields on an nx class ship. It was difficult but I could survive through things such as hide shield weakness etc. The bug now means the hud shows full shields on every facing despite shields being uninstalled, and I therefore lose abilities such as hide weakness etc. Does anyone else have this problem where shield facings show full when in fact they're nill?
Beta Antares Shipyards advanced Starship development project.
CLASSIFIED
[SIGPIC]the_forseeable_future_by_jetfreak_7-d3dvsud.png
[/SIGPIC]
SUPPORT LOGICAL FEDERATION STARSHIP DESIGNS!

Comments

• Options
    seansamurai1seansamurai1 Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    I've seen what you talk of my self. I had no idea what was happening
  • Options
    wisecasperwisecasper Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    I don't think that's a bug.

Mine does that because I use the fleet console - science - shield-repairing weapon signature nullifier "When receiving damage 2.5% chance to restore +90.1 shields to each shield facing"

Under the new skills menu the Admiral skill : Shield Absorbtion when mastery is triggered 20% of incoming critical damage is also applied as healing to your own facing shields.

Then I think if you are using Elite Fleet Beam Arrays the damage you do with them has the ability to charge your own shield.

If you use the starship traits Desperate repairs or Emitter Synergy I don't know if they look that way. From the New Romulus Tier - Emergency Secondary Shielding

Under the Specialization menu the intelligence abilities Automated reinforcement I & II restore shields when they reach zero
    Post edited by wisecasper on
    Rj6YZR.gif
    @Wisecasper
    Non-faction Ship Bridge Collector and Junk Hauler with alt-itis

Contact in-game to add your fleet to a casual, friendly Armada
  • Options
    voiddweller#2714 voiddweller Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    I have same issue with ground shields. When shield depleted it is shown as full.
  • Options
    wisecasper wrote: »
    I don't think that's a bug.

Mine does that because I use the fleet console - science - shield-repairing weapon signature nullifier "When receiving damage 2.5% chance to restore +90.1 shields to each shield facing"

Under the new skills menu the Admiral skill : Shield Absorbtion when mastery is triggered 20% of incoming critical damage is also applied as healing to your own facing shields.

Then I think if you are using Elite Fleet Beam Arrays the damage you do with them has the ability to charge your own shield.

If you use the starship traits Desperate repairs or Emitter Synergy I don't know if they look that way. From the New Romulus Tier - Emergency Secondary Shielding

Under the Specialization menu the intelligence abilities Automated reinforcement I & II restore shields when they reach zero

Nah, would have to be a bug. I just logged in for the first time in sto after update so havent put my skills in. Nx class, or any other ship, uninstall shields & the shield hud still shows shields. Getting hit by weapons all damage stats are to hull, hull hp decrease, shields hud still show all shield facings at full though when in fact there are NO shields. Very deceiving...
    CLASSIFIED
    [/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wisecasperwisecasper Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    Ah ok, probably a bug. You haven't got a shield slotted in visuals have you?
    Rj6YZR.gif
    @Wisecasper
    Non-faction Ship Bridge Collector and Junk Hauler with alt-itis

Contact in-game to add your fleet to a casual, friendly Armada
  • Options
    annodominicannodominic Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I've had the same issue for a few months now.
  • Options
    wisecasper wrote: »
    Ah ok, probably a bug. You haven't got a shield slotted in visuals have you?

Nah, uninstalled every single thing I could on my ship, character, boff's etc. Shield hud still shows shields at full. It is a bug...
    CLASSIFIED
    [/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    voiddweller#2714 voiddweller Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Now happens in space as well. My shieds is weak, but quick charge. But bugged gauge always shown as full when you have low on shields. Maybe a little lag issue though...