test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Poll: Reaction to Temporal Front

2»

Comments

• samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    They have said they want episodes to be more replayable which is likely why they have shortened them some. Personally I would enjoy a mix of different lengths depending on the story, I hate to see an artist get cut short for silly reasons like time or money.

I'm enjoying how they are tying various things across the series together although I sometimes feel they stretch it a bit or use really obscure references. I understand this is a Star Trek game but I'm willing to bet most of the players have not memorized every episode like some people. So, a bit of a background refresher with each new tie-in would be nice. They have done this to a degree but they could go a bit further.
  • jonharmonjonharmon Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I thought the story side of it was OK (though I agree with one of the upstream posters that the "interrupted conference" gambit in STO is beginning to approach "reverse the polarity" levels of overuse). The space combat, eh, was OK. I died a couple of times on the climactic fight but I think I got stuck in front of the Golden Destiny's Beam of Pwnage or something, I went from basically 100 hull to near-zero instantly, and this on a T6 Sojourner-class with a lot of defensive traits. But I didn't think it was unfairly hard, merely difficult.

The part I didn't like was the combat on the Destiny. I've never been much on ground combat in STO and this mission really showed me why. Sniper shots that ripped my shields away in one hit, multiple plasma grenades and photon grenades flying, bridge officers too stupid to not stand in the Bad, etc. I just ended up dying over and over and over again, instantly respawning, and running back in, thus slowly chipping down the six squillion Na'kuhl that never actually seemed to bother the good Captain who was trying to stop the ship from blowing up.

Personally I think graveyard zerging as a valid and useful combat strategy shows a level of laziness and poor design by the mission creators, but that's just me.