test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Shuttle showing as active ship bug still present

talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User
I have 3 characters hit with this bug, 2 of them I "fixed" it by deleting the Peregrine and Yellowstone that were stuck showing as the active ship, but my 3rd one has my Aeon showing as active and I'm not going to be deleting that. I remember seeing some post about another way to fix it back before the forum change but I can't find it now.

Comments

• Options
    nateham101#2745 nateham101 Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    talien wrote: »
    I have 3 characters hit with this bug, 2 of them I "fixed" it by deleting the Peregrine and Yellowstone that were stuck showing as the active ship, but my 3rd one has my Aeon showing as active and I'm not going to be deleting that. I remember seeing some post about another way to fix it back before the forum change but I can't find it now.

Yep. That bug has been around forever. I do not think they have a clue on how to fix it...and the reason they probably never figured out how to allow us to inspect other player's equipment like you can in almost every other MMO. ;-)
    1Wlp6QH.gif
  • Options
    maracroftmaracroft Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    From what I've seen, most of the time this happens if you have a shuttle and starship placed on active status and the shuttles name starts with a letter that is before the starships name. i.e. shuttle name is Bob and the starship is Chip, then the shuttle gets listed as active ship.
  • Options
    I managed to fix this by repeatedly switching my active ship from starship to shuttle and back at ESD. After doing that a bunch of times I switched to another ship then back and it correctly displayed my main ship as active instead of my Aeon like it had been doing.
  • Options
    Aaaaand it's back. Switching active ships only worked for that one login then it returned to the shuttle taking priority. The name also isn't the issue, I renamed the Shuttle to "z" and it still takes priority over most of my ships.

The only reliable way to "fix" this issue is commission another small craft and set that as your active one, then pray it doesn't also take priority over whatever ship you want to use. This will, however, almost always result in the new small craft taking priority over a different set of ships, meaning you'll have to switch back and forth between active small craft too.
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    maracroft wrote: »
    From what I've seen, most of the time this happens if you have a shuttle and starship placed on active status and the shuttles name starts with a letter that is before the starships name. i.e. shuttle name is Bob and the starship is Chip, then the shuttle gets listed as active ship.

This works for your character sheet (U hotkey) in space, but doesn't work for your info window. I had heard that an older ship takes precedence over a newer one for what shows as active in your info window, but I've never bothered to try it to see. Obviously, even if it did work, you likely wouldn't dismiss an Aeon timeship and go to the expense of getting a new one just to fix this display issue.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    anodynes wrote: »
    maracroft wrote: »

This works for your character sheet (U hotkey) in space, but doesn't work for your info window. I had heard that an older ship takes precedence over a newer one for what shows as active in your info window, but I've never bothered to try it to see. Obviously, even if it did work, you likely wouldn't dismiss an Aeon timeship and go to the expense of getting a new one just to fix this display issue.

I can say with absolute certainty it's not based on how old a ship is. On one character I tried dismissing the shuttle then getting a new one and the shuttle took priority again, I also tried dismissing the ship and getting a new one and the shuttle still took priority.