test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cannot claim giveaway ship if the character is not a high enough level.

psytce0002psytce0002 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
I'm writing this for my sister. She just started a Romulan character and is just level 6. she cannot claim the Romulan ship and this is the only romulan she has so it is not unlocking it in the store like it did for the Federation and Klingon. There was no limits placed on who can claim these ships so she should be able to claim them......

Thanks!

Comments

• angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    That's not true, you always need a free ship slot and the appropriate level to claim the ship. She should quickly level up the Romulan, it takes a very short time to hit level 20 to claim a T3 ship. 24 hours left to go, it's mnageable, especially when you team up pig-1.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • psytce0002psytce0002 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Not true, I bought the "Legacy of Romulus" pack and was able to get all ships before I was at the right level. They gave them to me in boxes that could only be open when I hit the correct level, but I was able to claim them before hand. She should be able to claim it now and have it ready when she gets to the correct level. The ability to do this already exists so there is no reason you shouldn't be able to claim it before hand.
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    Legacy of romulus was different as it did unpack everything from a box, but it has always been the case in every giveaway for the past several years that a character cannot buy a ship from the store that they cannot currently equip.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    Legacy of romulus was different as it did unpack everything from a box, but it has always been the case in every giveaway for the past several years that a character cannot buy a ship from the store that they cannot currently equip.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • psytce0002psytce0002 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    dirlettia wrote: »

OK, fine I agree with you..... But I'm the one that has to hear the belly-aching of my sister and when you read the giveaway it does not say anything about levels, just that you get a giveaway. Hopefully she will not complain to me when I explain this to her, but Cryptic should be more specific in the future......