test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Future of the STO storyline

13»

Comments

• kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    Remember Laas? He was a changeling that Odo encountered whilst the Founders were sick. What if there was an Alpha Link established by Laas that never signed the treaty. He was quite adamant in his distrust and hatred of solids. He could easily repurpose the Jem Hadar. They'd serve Laas and the Alpha Link without hesitation. They'd consider the Gamma Link compromised, at best, and corrupted by Odo's influence.

^this is what happens when you just mash buttons through dialogue in episodes
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    It's worth remembering that the Dominion in STO is a kinder gentler Dominion than in DS9. For one, Odo is part of the Great Link.
    That would be a great angle to explore. The Dominion has a long history and strong social apparatus but with the reintegration of Odo there's the positive aspect of progressive change that's there to be developed. It doesn't have to be a complete change by 2409/2410 or even one that's picked up a whole lot of inertia but over the course of an arc it's definitely something that could make a very good, suitably Trek, story to cover (especially for a mini-faction :tongue:).
    Well, the devs showed us the future of the Dominion... allies of the Federation. It's not a stretch to believe that they are at the least ambivalent towards the Feds in the present. They don't say much in the 2800 arc, but what they do say seems rather non-hostile.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • solitair#4236 solitair Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Well, that was embarrassing! I played it... must have entirely spaced with the who's who. I guess I'll go back to my hole in the ground. LOL That rebel changeling was Laas! I need to make a temporal incursion and tell myself not to make my last post.