test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic wants to make money so they must hate us! ... REALLY?

13»

Comments

• jtoon74jtoon74 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    Love/Hate probably not, but a bit of respect would be nice.
  • stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    In truth, Free Respecs would be ideal. But I think we all know that won't happen. Somehow I think it isn't that Cryptic doesn't WANT to give is free respecs, but more than likely, they CAN'T. We have to remember who owns them. PWE. It seems to be their model is to monetize EVERYTHING. So I figure that Cryptic's hands are tied on this issue. They won't come out and tell us so, because that would be naming and shaming the people signing their paychecks. Not to mention the crapstorm of rage against PWE of they were officially named as the reason why respecs are monetize in this game when they aren't in so many other MMOs...

Regardless of what PWE's other games may or may not do in regard to skill respecs, the cost of respecs for STO have remained constant for years even back before the game went free-to-play. So you can't tell me that PWE is dictating that respecs have to cost 500 Zen. That's totally Cryptic.

Given that, there's no reason why they couldn't at least revisit the pricing even if they can't give it away.
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I just feel the love coming out of this thread, such respect and logic and absolutely no invective. 'It's the way life ought to be.'

I know what this strawman would say: 'I could while away the hours, conferrin' with the flowers Consultin' with the rain. And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin'....
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    stobg2015 wrote: »
    jros83 wrote: »
    glenn#1579 wrote: »
    can someone explain the pay to win argument?

I have two T6 ships for my characters. Both were free. Are they brilliant, no. That's because neither toon is science.

What do people want Cryptic to do?
    Yes but do explain exactly how and under what circumstance you received 2 free T6 ships.
    Let me count the ways...

Breen Carrier (T6) - Winter Event
    Breen Dreadnought (T6) - Winter Event
    Ferengi Nandi (T6) - Summer Event
    Krenim Science (T6) - Anniversary Event

Did I miss any?
    Yes. The Kobali Samsar.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • apulseapulse Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    Cryptics F2P module is totally fine in my mind.
    You can do a lot in this game without spending a dime.
    But this is not really about the entire F2P module is it? This is about free Respec, and only free respec.

I would think that Cryptic were able to remove the cost for Respec, but I think they make so much money on it (4,5 euro?) so it would be a bad move.. financial wise.
    21ajpqt.png