test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lohlunat Summer Festival Idea?: K'tet's Revenge

You know that each year we have that Lohlunat Summer festival on Risa and each year, it's pretty much the same thing over and over again (save for the new Starship prize at the end which changes each year). So how about making some changes to spruce things up a bit?

Like say for example: K'tet, (the war lady-like Iconian who, unlike the rest of her kind, has refused to accept peace and is instead pursuing her bloodthirsty vendetta) and her Heralds have at least set up shop, if not taken over Risa. Maybe it's part of her plans or maybe she wanted a vacation herself; who knows? All that matter is that she's there string up trouble and it's up to us, players (posing as tourist on holiday or something) to do something about it. That should allow an excuse for the devs to add some new story lines, missions, mini games, easter eggs, etc. in addition to the usual Summer Fun stuff.

The only real con to this (if it could be seen as that) would be that something like this should've happened last summer, during the Iconian war. Oh well; at least it could make a nice diversion from the current Temporal Cold war that suddenly heated up.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    To be fair, they have added something every year that I've played. First they added surfing, then sandcastle building. I would also like to see something new as an addition. T'ket may come back but it's doubtful. It's more likely that we'll see a revamped surfing race or maybe some new doffs added. Who knows.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    I'd like to see some underwater action: scuba and snorkeling, or even a mini-sub race. Who wouldn't want to go to Risa to see the submarine races?

While I like the idea of T'ket returning for some mayhem, I wouldn't want to see it as part of the summer festival, even if it does come out at the same time. I'd prefer this to be an Iconian Red Alert type idea as opposed to a disruption of the summer festival.
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    similar things to this were suggested last year during the iconian war seasons and it never happened.
    its like I said before when this was suggested first, the risa map is a holiday resort, a place to get away from the normal day to day pew pew of the game and just kick back your heels and relax.
    they are not going to contaminate the map with anything that is not holiday like, so if you suggest things like fishing, snorkelling, hang gliding and such you might be in luck, having a load of bloodthirsty iconians descending on the resort to take it over is a big no no.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,081 Community Moderator
    T'ket attacking Risa makes no sense anyways. It almost sounds like trying to make her the Summer Event coordinator person like Q and his Winter Wonderland.

"I have come for my revenge on this resort world that has no strategic value. Go do a floater thing and I will reward you before I destroy you."

Sorry... but its a little too campy of an idea and would be out of character for T'ket.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    T'ket's Revenge is a fine idea... just not on Risa during the Summer Event.
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    Star Trek Online 2 : The Wrath of T'ket

Star Trek Online Part Duex : The Revenge of that crippled crazy iconian chick

Star Trek Online 2 1/2 : Maury Povich proves t'ket is william shatners love child

Star Trek Online Part....meh : T'ket is angry ...again

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,529 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    We already had the Snowconians for the Winter event. They fit in much better there.

It would make more sense for Leeta to show up in a swimsuit and try to out-party the rest of us :)
  • Options
    We already had the Snowconians for the Winter event. They fit in much better there.

It would make more sense for Leeta to show up in a swimsuit and try to out-party the rest of us :)

Tom paris intoxicated using a floater flying around risa shouting "IM CAPTAIN PROTON!!" lol
  • Options

Tom paris intoxicated using a floater flying around risa shouting "IM CAPTAIN PROTON!!" lol

An hourly mission "Find Tom Paris" where he has done exactly that and crashed into a tree. You have to find him and tag him for transport to the local sickbay.​​

even better i actualy like that idea lol
  • Options
    brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    Instead of the Klingon/Trill argument, have a half-Klingon/Tom Paris argument in which B'Elaana must be physically restrained from harming Tom for allowing their daughter to do the TRIBBLE she did in the Iconian story arc.

Miral: "My lover just died, now I have to go do the same thing that got him killed. Please dad?"
    Paris: "D'uhh, okay. Don't tell your mom!"
  • Options
    neomodiousneomodious Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    IconianOnRisa.jpg?psid=1

Risa is for relaxing, not fighting...​​
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    "This is ADMIRAL Leeta of the I.S.S. Sluttyprise! All your tanlines belong to ME!"

more seriously there could be some coolness worked into having mirror leeta make an appearance... the Snowconian were an amusing parody of the Iconians.

An hourly mission "Find Tom Paris" where he has done exactly that and crashed into a tree. You have to find him and tag him for transport to the local sickbay.​​

This would be amusing once or twice.... maybe make in an optional in the lolhunat hunt? he gives out say 10 for saving his TRIBBLE and not mentioning it? lol