test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Kremin T6 Science Ship

I've been playing with this wee beasty on two of my characters. I have tooled them up with APs etc.

I am quite enjoying them. Amazed at such a big ship being so nimble The science layout means I can use toys I have not tried before.

I would like to know how other players feel about the ship and what your loadouts are.

Comments

• Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    I've gone full torpedo on mine (except two weapons for set bonuses). Full on partgens (490) and everything I can stick on that is affected by that skill (Isonkinetic cannon, Quantum Destabilizing Beam, Particle Emission Torp, Isometric charge.
    Basically glue the enemy in place and lay siege with all manner of particle & kinetic devastation. :D

I find it as good as a lot of other heavy (as in heavily into science seating )science ships, because it's got access to all the toys I like to use (grav well, tyken's rift, DRB, tachyon beam etc). It's also pretty tough for a science ship with it's high hull and shield hitpoints.
    My only issue with it is that it's slightly too slow for my liking and it lacks the fancy cloak/intel tricks of my Fleet Scryer, which I do far better in.

That said for a freebie ship I think it is more than adequate and I'm glad you've had a chance to try out some alternative tricks with access to science goodies! FOR SCIENCE!!!
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    glenn#1579 glenn Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    Never found speed to be an issue.

I have just started a Science captain to see how it works. If the toys are like this she (don't ask, I wanted an eighteen stone fella but the set up was screwed) will give me hours of fun.
  • Options
    e30erneste30ernest Member Posts: 1,794 Arc User
    I have mine set as a budget torp build:

https://youtu.be/oLgbcTHrnA8

It's a pretty good ship, but a bit slow for my tastes too. But it'll do well enough even with less than top-end gear.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    The Krenim Science Vessel seems to be a pretty decent ship. My Rom sci captain flies it 'cuz there are no T6 Romulan science vessels. For the moment I am basically using all the Mk XII gear Time and Tide rewards plus a polaron beam array Mk XII I had gathering dust in my inventory and a crafted polaron omni-directional beam array.

I have to admit it does seems a bit sluggish to me and that's with an Ultra Rare Conductive RCS Mk XIV [Grav] console which I think gives a 45% boost to turn rate.
  • Options
    postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
    Its is a bit sluggish but thats a trade-off against the thinner hulls and lower shield mod of speedier sci ships. Plus you get an extra boff seat over a number of 'good' end game sci ships.

Sci ships with even more hull start at 220m EC for Paradox to 700m+ for Annorax, those with hangers at 2500zen + upgrade and those with the 14 boff seats at 3000zen + fleet upgrade cost. I have a Vesta and a boxed Paradox, and am tempted to run the Kremin and sell the dreadnaught.
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    I see people Still can't spell Krenim. :p

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    This gets a LtC Intel, while the Dauntless, Fleet Dauntless, Pathfinder, Fleet Pathfinder (T5 Fleet Shipyard) only get Lt Intel.

I don't like seeing stuff that's expensive and hard to earn being outclassed so easily even if it's some exclusive slow turning and visually unappealing event ship.

Those ships deserved LtC Intel from the start, and a case for it was made a long time ago, but as with my proposition to bring proper frigates to the Paradox backed up by facts, these drown in the sea of other drama instantly.

To make things worse, the Dauntless console feels completely worthless as all boss ships are immune to it, while the rest hardly fire on each other. Its effectiveness to slip away under fire also seems worse than the regular photonic displacement universal console, while the timeline stabilizer is ship universal, has a good console set bonus, and does something worthwhile.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    I've really enjoyed my KSV so far, too. Since it's currently leading the game in shield modifier, I figured I'd tinker with a maximum shield capacity build. Right now, my KSV is running at 56581 shields per facing. Running a wide array of shield heals and hardness buffs, it can take a massive amount of beating. I suppose shield tanking is generally not as strong as hull tanking, but it seemed like something fun to tinker with on this free ship anyway. It's also nice to have a T6 competent science vessel on a Klingon or Romulan toon.
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• Options
    dumas13dumas13 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    My Romulan science toon had a good run with it for a while, but I went back to the Dyson Destroyer since I really like that filigreed mini-D'Deridex look. The Krenim is a solid ship and works well as a torpedo boat, especially if you run the Terran Reputation trait to reduce science BOFF power cooldown by activating torpedo powers. It also fits Override System Safeties III, which combines with that one console that boosts weapon and exotic damage based on power levels for completely ridiculous overkill.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    dumas13 wrote: »
    My Romulan science toon had a good run with it for a while, but I went back to the Dyson Destroyer since I really like that filigreed mini-D'Deridex look.

Which DSD? The 2014 Anniversary version or the C-Store version?
  • Options
    dumas13dumas13 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    jaguarskx wrote: »

The 2014 Anniversary ship. The Romulan version is easily the best-looking of the Dyson ship and very distinctively Romulan, so it feels a bit of a shame to bench it in favour of some Delta Quadrant import.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    dumas13 wrote: »
    jaguarskx wrote: »

The 2014 Anniversary ship. The Romulan version is easily the best-looking of the Dyson ship and very distinctively Romulan, so it feels a bit of a shame to bench it in favour of some Delta Quadrant import.
    Best-looking Dyson Ship and one of the best looking Romulan designs, too, IMO. Especially since the time we are allowed to use more than the Whitestar, pardon, Dyson materials. ;)
    I'd really love to see a Tier 6 Dyson ship. Maybe create some variants that remove even more of the Dyson-specific looks (kinda like the Tier 6 Scimitar feels more Romulan than Reman.)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    I've really enjoyed my KSV so far, too. Since it's currently leading the game in shield modifier, I figured I'd tinker with a maximum shield capacity build. Right now, my KSV is running at 56581 shields per facing. Running a wide array of shield heals and hardness buffs, it can take a massive amount of beating. I suppose shield tanking is generally not as strong as hull tanking, but it seemed like something fun to tinker with on this free ship anyway. It's also nice to have a T6 competent science vessel on a Klingon or Romulan toon.

How the hell are you getting that much shield?
  • Options
    glenn#1579 wrote: »
    How the hell are you getting that much shield?

Here's the gist of it. The shield is actually a Hyper-Capacity shield Mk XIV, but the build site doesn't have that yet. I think there may still be wiggle room to get more capacity from some missing console mods.
    http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/?build=ksvshields_0
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• Options
    I take my hat off to you. To bastardise Arthur C Clarke. That load out is so far beyond me that it may as well be magic.
  • Options
    glenn#1579 wrote: »
    I take my hat off to you. To bastardise Arthur C Clarke. That load out is so far beyond me that it may as well be magic.

No worries, sir. I feel the same about the crazy Mk XIV all-Epic builds people post. Mine's somewhere in the middle, I figure.
    vGdvFsX.jpg