test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Suliban mystery man

So since it looks like we're going full bore into the temporal cold war, time to ask a question that (as far as I know) was never resolved in Enterprise: who was the mystery man that was giving the Suliban all their bio enhancements and knowledge about the future? I liked how STO worked in Kal Dano to link the dead time traveler to the Tux utat, I thought that was clever and answered a few questions. Now who do you think will end up being the Suliban contact? Someone already in game? A new character?
5rFUCPd.png

Comments

• jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    Tovan Khev he traded all that for a packet of ketchup :D
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    If this issue get's tackled I bet my EC on Noye, just because they're so fond of recycling old characters over and over and sela and over and over.....
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    Well, producers of ST:Ent were supposedly going to reveal that it was Archer. If rumors about Scott Bakula are true, maybe that's what'll happen in game...
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    bergins wrote: »
    Well, producers of ST:Ent were supposedly going to reveal that it was Archer. If rumors about Scott Bakula are true, maybe that's what'll happen in game...

Why would it be archer? He'd have no reason (or ability) to do so unless were talking about an evil future version or something.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    Enterprise's producers hinted at a future version of Archer that realized he screwed up and was trying to correct the past was one possibility that they discussed.
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    gradii wrote: »

Why would it be archer? He'd have no reason (or ability) to do so unless were talking about an evil future version or something.

A evil Archer..right........what, he didn't close the toilet lid?

Thats kinda the point, even Mirror Archer wasn't as evil as the other mirror counterparts, part of why he ended up dead.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • zarato4218zarato4218 Member Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Thats kinda the point, even Mirror Archer wasn't as evil as the other mirror counterparts, part of why he ended up dead.

True, but the others are right. I remember hearing/reading that commentary too. It was just one of their ideas, and since season 5 never happened we will never know what the final decision would have been, but it really was on their shortlist. And would that really have been the looniest thing that happened in that series. I mean I did enjoy it to an extent, and I definitely don't hate it the way some fans do but... there were quite a few questionable plot decisions over the years. o:)
    As Zephram Cochrane once said, "That'll do, pig. That'll do." - April 1st 2015. o:)
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    garaks31 wrote: »
    daekon_final.jpg

thumbs up!
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    So since it looks like we're going full bore into the temporal cold war, time to ask a question that (as far as I know) was never resolved in Enterprise: who was the mystery man that was giving the Suliban all their bio enhancements and knowledge about the future? I liked how STO worked in Kal Dano to link the dead time traveler to the Tux utat, I thought that was clever and answered a few questions. Now who do you think will end up being the Suliban contact? Someone already in game? A new character?

It was G-Man, as in "prepare for unforeseen consequences"
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I just watched an episode with future guy in it and it sounded oddly like exasperated Noye. If true I'd be impressed with the direction given to the Noye voice actor.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Whoever it is, this Future Guy doesn't seem to be an enemy of the Federation. Since he helped in the defence of Earth by providing crucial information about the Xindi, thus leading Enterprise to the Sphere Builders. Noye therefore doesn 't seem to be a logical candidate. Unless there are some developments in the next couple of episodes which could explain it, but given what we know at the moment, I doubt it's him.

The only thing that could explain why it's Noye, is that this Future guy and the Suliban that work for him, are enemies of Vosk. But that's about it really.

I just hope they won't make the player character Future guy. Though it would mean we finally get a voice for our characters... but at the same time it would be silly to be a temporal celebrity, The Other, Hero of the Delta Quadrant, Tal Shiar's most wanted, Peacemaker with the Iconians and the 'Guy who saved Earth and allowed for the foundation of the Federation and thus indirectly saved the Galaxy as we know it Once again'. Could be an interesting player title, but it might also be a bit too much :p
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    I just watched an episode with future guy in it and it sounded oddly like exasperated Noye. If true I'd be impressed with the direction given to the Noye voice actor.

That would certainly be surprising. I have some severe doubts, but it would be a way to turn him into something else than just an Annorax clone - I imagine him realizing eventually that he made a terrible decision (maybe after we help him get his wife back or something like that), and trying to maintain a stable timeline but averting a major catastrophe his actions did.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    risian4 wrote: »
    Whoever it is, this Future Guy doesn't seem to be an enemy of the Federation. Since he helped in the defence of Earth by providing crucial information about the Xindi, thus leading Enterprise to the Sphere Builders. Noye therefore doesn 't seem to be a logical candidate. Unless there are some developments in the next couple of episodes which could explain it, but given what we know at the moment, I doubt it's him.

The only thing that could explain why it's Noye, is that this Future guy and the Suliban that work for him, are enemies of Vosk. But that's about it really.

An easy explanation for Noye being future guy would be that the spehere builders screwed him over and he just wanted to get revenge for that. That's pretty much his thing.

Though it would be nice to see a new character with proper (thought out) motives behind that, just don't see that happening.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    That would certainly be surprising. I have some severe doubts, but it would be a way to turn him into something else than just an Annorax clone - I imagine him realizing eventually that he made a terrible decision (maybe after we help him get his wife back or something like that), and trying to maintain a stable timeline but averting a major catastrophe his actions did.
    Nah, he meets his wife and finds out she's more evil than he is in the current timeline. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    Nah, he meets his wife and finds out she's more evil than he is in the current timeline. :p

that would justify clauda's voice acrtess more! and be funny as hell!
    "Clauda, its me! You were my wife in another timeline, and soon to be the mother of my child!" *evil glare of death* "Like hell alien scum, that's disgusting!"
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    Well, whomever he is, according to Memory Alpha he is in the 28th century.

As for it being Noye, the guy has a major burning hatred for all things Star Fleet and the Federation, there's no way he would pussyfoot around like we've seen in Enterprise, if he could he'd wipe out all humans well before First Contact was ever made.​​
  • darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    tmassx wrote: »
    daekon_final.jpg

thumbs up!

ummm.....So much for nobody knowing what the Romulans looked like until the reveal in Balance of Terror.
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
  • isthisscienceisthisscience Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    When it comes to changing historic events one way or the other, it is impossible to tell whether the person doing it is evil or good. For example, lets say someone has gone back to kill Hitler but lets say without Hitler Stalin conqures most of Europe, starts a nuclear war with the US and the whole human race dies. So you send an agent back to stop the person trying to kill Hitler. To the Allies in the 1940s you're the bad guy but you're actually the good guy. So Future Guy could be absolutely anyone until we know why they're changing the timeline and what impact the alternatives would have. (I'll do a shameless plug for my foundry mission Rose Tinted Mirror here, it covers that exact topic)

Noye sounds like a choice Cryptic would go with, but I'd love them to bring in Archer - more canon characters doing VO the better. But whatever it is, it would be great for STO to close up the treads left dangling by Enterprise's cancellation. Season 12: Enterprise Season 5!
  • darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    When it comes to changing historic events one way or the other, it is impossible to tell whether the person doing it is evil or good. For example, lets say someone has gone back to kill Hitler but lets say without Hitler Stalin conqures most of Europe, starts a nuclear war with the US and the whole human race dies. So you send an agent back to stop the person trying to kill Hitler. To the Allies in the 1940s you're the bad guy but you're actually the good guy. So Future Guy could be absolutely anyone until we know why they're changing the timeline and what impact the alternatives would have. (I'll do a shameless plug for my foundry mission Rose Tinted Mirror here, it covers that exact topic)

Noye sounds like a choice Cryptic would go with, but I'd love them to bring in Archer - more canon characters doing VO the better. But whatever it is, it would be great for STO to close up the treads left dangling by Enterprise's cancellation. Season 12: Enterprise Season 5!

No...just no. This season like Enterprise just needs to be left alone. Its bad enough already.
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
  • heavensrunheavensrun Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited March 2016

A evil Archer..right........what, he didn't close the toilet lid?

Well there was that time Archer committed painful genocide on an entire people by refusing them medical treatment.

Or the time he chastised his best friend for deigning to treat a new friend like a -person- in defiance of her horribly sexist culture. Oh, this gripe-out happened immediately after that person had committed suicide, so bonus points there.

Archer was actually kind of a TRIBBLE at times, to be honest.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    darakoss wrote: »
    daekon_final.jpg

thumbs up!

ummm.....So much for nobody knowing what the Romulans looked like until the reveal in Balance of Terror.

Ha! First, it's a fan film, secondly, like most things in TOS that would have been retconned by ENTS5 anyway. Remember when the Romulan STAR Empire didn't have warp drive? Remember when the antimatter armed starships had a Nuclear war? Remember when a Constitution could travel at warp 14? When Vulcan had no moon? TOS serves as nothing more than an ideas script for later series.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    darakoss wrote: »
    daekon_final.jpg

thumbs up!

It's weird part of canon, the vulcans and orions know who the romulans are but nobody asked them. And I think, in ENT era some people know how the romulans look, but it is not well-know fact.
    That thing were good explained in the novel Romulan War from Michael Martin, where the romulans have a full helmets the same like in this movie Horizon, they have smaller ships without warp-drive because Earth and colonies have warp-detection system. STAR Empire without warp-drive is nonsence.

Hmm Balance of Terror, is it the canon , that Romulan commander looks exactly the same as Spock's father Sarek lol?