test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What do you think Gagh tastes like?

goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
edited March 2016 in Klingon Discussion
Opinion, Spock? Reminds me of earthworms...maybe it has an earthy taste? Nothing like a mouthful of squirming dirt for dinner!

gagh1.jpg
klingon-bridge.jpg

Comments

• Options
    stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    Tastes like chicken
  • Options
    staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    Well, Gagh was supposed to be one of the more palatable Klingon foods, so probably nothing too extreme. Maybe like Witchetty Grubs?

http://tasteaustralia.biz/bushfood/native-meats-seafood/witchetty-grub/
  • Options
    freakiumfreakium Member Posts: 429 Arc User
    I'd venture a guess and say their closest analogue with regards to taste is jellyfish.
    m12Pkoj.png
  • Options
    ktyrrellktyrrell Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    as long as they are alive... they still need to wiggle on the way down >:)

It probably tastes better than most earth food once you know how its made :/
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,281 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    they're not supposed to be swallowed live - if they are, they become a very problematic intestinal parasite​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    they're not supposed to be swallowed live - if they are, they become a very problematic intestinal parasite​​

where did you get that from?
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,281 Arc User
    from riker, when he found out about it during that officer exchange the enterprise had with that bird of prey in late TNG​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    from riker, when he found out about it during that officer exchange the enterprise had with that bird of prey in late TNG​​
    If you mean TNG Season 2 Episode "A Matter of Honor", they clearly say Gagh is best when served live.
    Also Ezri Dax explaines how Gagh feels when you swallow them: wiggling, squirming, jumping. (probably like eating live mini octopus)

• Options
    bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    ktyrrell wrote: »
    If you mean TNG Season 2 Episode "A Matter of Honor", they clearly say Gagh is best when served live.
    Also Ezri Dax explaines how Gagh feels when you swallow them: wiggling, squirming, jumping. (probably like eating live mini octopus)

Somehow, I feel like you've never eaten anything, that is speargun to plate.
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    According to Marc Okrand they taste like turnips, as thats what he said they make it from.

Yes i asked him this at a con i went to.
    Post edited by admrenlarreck on
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    What about blood pie? What does that taste like? Can't help but think chocolate cake.
    f025a.gif

Edit: I just noticed that this thread was march.. Please no necro jokes! I am sorry.
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • Options
    What about blood pie? What does that taste like? Can't help but think chocolate cake.
    f025a.gif

Edit: I just noticed that this thread was march.. Please no necro jokes! I am sorry.

What the heck are those prongs sticking out of it?! Is it made from the meat of a specific type of animal? Chocolate cake? I don't think so... ha ha!
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    goodscotch wrote: »
    f025a.gif

What the heck are those prongs sticking out of it?! Is it made from the meat of a specific type of animal? Chocolate cake? I don't think so... ha ha!

:D I thought it might pass as Gowron birthday cake. And those big sticks are the candles! ha!

tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • Options
    Pretty sure my Klingon character eats Haggis and drinks Trixian Bubble Juice...which I would like to think tastes like bubblegum flavored juice. The I'danian spice pudding sounds like something up his alley too. No Klingon Octopus thanks!
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    I think it will taste like raw beef kidney and possibly the same texture.
    Yeah...I know what THAT tastes like.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev