test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Items purchased in C-store bound to account

Twelve days ago, I bought a small amount of zen. I used PayPal to put funds into my Steam Wallet, then used Steam Wallet to buy the zen in game. Next, I bought (among other things) a couple of keys to sell on the exchange. When I bought the keys, I saw this memo that said "Due to recent activity, your purchase will be bound to your account" (or something like that, I forget the exact phrasing). I just thought the payment needed a couple of days to clear, but it's been twelve days. I've bought physical objects on EBay, and got them in my mailbox in half that time. Now, as for "recent activity", I am a new customer. Most businesses give new customers incentives, privileges and special treatment, not limitations. To be clear, I am not asking for anything special. I just want my keys unbound. I sent in a support ticket, and I've received no response. As a new customer, this small purchase was a test purchase to see how it goes. Quite frankly, it hasn't gone well. To be clear, I'm not making any threats or anything. I love this game and I'm glad I get to play it. But you have put a limit on how much I can spend on this game. This, and the lack of a gift shop have made it almost impossible to buy things in this game for my friends and family who also play. Please unbind my keys, and show me that buying from you can actually work.

Comments

• Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    The issue is you used steam to buy the zen. Steam triggers the fraud alert almost every time, if you want to make purchases of zen get the pwe prepaid card or buy directly from the arc website. Those are the only 2 ways to I know of to not ever get flagged. The one sure fired guaranteed way to get flagged is to use steam, (imho) with paypal as second.

As for getting the keys unbound they cant from the forum, you need to file a support ticket from the arc website.

Every now and then someone posts that cs has helped them with this. More often however they can't for some reason. Me i wouldnt hold my breath. And if you do use the keys, anything you get will also be bound to account.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    kronin#4685 kronin Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    Well, thanks for the reply. I appreciate that you told me the real story, even though it wasn't what I wanted to hear. Thanks for letting me know. I guess I won't be using Steam Wallet to buy stuff for this game anymore, unless I know it's something that I want for my account. Next time I feel like setting some money on fire, I'll look into the pwe prepaid card. Until then, I'll just be farming dil. As for the keys, I used them to open a couple of boxes. I didn't get anything great. I cashed in some dil for zen, bought a key and listed it on the exchange. Now I need to get enough dil/zen to unlock the high EC cap. Back to the game...
  • Options
    rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Saw this topic when was already being unable to help (you've got a good answer before I even could find a link to probation system topic) HOWEVER there is a reason I post here, to compliment the above useful post and still to clarify/correct something for others:

Support allegedly CAN'T help in unbinding keys purchased during a probation system! and allegedly will NEVER do so.

(as the above poster said, what which is opened by those bound keys stays forever bound too) They also can't unbound c-store staff bought during probation term, like the bound keys and things you've got by using bound keys, those will be forever bound (even after the probation term ends)

When I / others posted that support could help a bit, we didn't mean any unbinding (as I understood) and also support allegedly can't shorten / interfere with any predetermined auto probation time.