test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

You want to know what killed the queues?

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    not having enough friends/fleetmates wanting to do a particular queue at the same time.

I'll admit to this being one of my usual complaints. If I could rely on a PUG starting any given queue relatively quickly, I'd be able to compensate for that. Some queues, at certain times, don't have a problem. New queues get more attention than older ones. Others, fagettaboutit.

So you queue up and hope for the best. But if it doesn't start right away, are you going to twiddle your thumbs for twenty minutes or go do something else? And if you're in the middle of that something else that's got your attention, are you going to stop and join the queue?

It's normal, predictable behavior that I don't blame anybody for but the result is non-starting queues.

It's the 5-man rule that I dislike. If it were a 3-man minimum to play, I could probably put together a team more often than not. And if I could get that going on a regular basis, I could probably then start to get more traction on getting larger teams. I don't care how they do it. I just want to see 3-man queues, even if they don't all get the small team treatment, even if there aren't a lot of them to start with.

A 5-man requirement makes a certain amount of sense for starting a fleet. For some things though, less than 5 makes more sense.

Cryptic, couldn't you just do ONE 3-man queue as an experiment? If it doesn't work out in the long term, then I will stop asking.
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)
  • Options
    misterferengi#8959 misterferengi Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    I stand by my option that Delta Rising contributed heavily to players vacating the PvE queues but i also have other thoughts as to why i don't run certain missions.

1. Length of time to complete

2. Poor reward payout for the length of time to complete. (Counterpoint with all base optionals no bonuses on Normal pays out 15ish marks less than a Cure/Isn/Khitomer/CCN Space}

3. Time Gated content. . Counterpoint for example where each optional is time gated and no way to speed the mission up. I like free flow where my skill and the teams contribute to quicker completion.

I started a new toon after originally deciding against it after getting peeved with the Random Number Infuriator that is crafting and God do i hate having to play the Terran and Iconian missions for marks. (I'm stuck at the moment by the 54-60 levelling wall so can't pick up a daily mark box from Kobali or Badlands to bypass them again a huge regret about creating a new toon)