test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Arc 3.0 Incoming!

Comments

• swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    So...how are you suppose to do multi day ones if it randomly replaces those multi day ones that you started?!?

It doesn't. It just replaces the ones you've finished or dismissed.
  • psychopyro80psychopyro80 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Honestly for the people complaining about having to "play" other games, all you have to do is start that game's launcher and it counts, you don't ever have to log into the game. So far only 1 game had a nasty download, most just downloaded the launcher tried to install the whole game, but I closed it out before the game downloaded.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    The ratio between Arc points and higher Zen amounts should be better to award patience. As it is, for every 5,000 Arc points you get 500 Zen; for 30k AP you get 3k Zen. So there really isn't any incentive to save your Arc points for higher amounts of Zen.

Every 10 levels you get enough AP for 500 Zen, and from the looks of things that could take about a month because a lot of quests require you to wait multiple days before any XP is awarded, and quests you can do right away award around 40xp or so. For example: I have a quest to play Star Trek Online for 7 days with a reward of 500xp. And it's possible when skipping a quest every day, you could wind up with nothing but quests that require multiple days to complete for a while, which means earning XP would be slowed down.

So it could work something like this:
    10,000 Arc points = 1,050 Zen
    15,000 Arc points = 1,600 Zen
    30,000 Arc points = 33,000 Zen

Without an incentive to save your Arc points for a higher amount of Zen, you're better off trading them in for 500z every chance you get.

Other things I noticed:
    If you have a large amount of Arc points to get a big chunk of Zen, but want to split it up between multiple games, you'll need to redeem your Arc points in separate quantities since you can only select 1 game at a time to transfer the Zen to. Just like how charging Zen for real money, or prepaid Zen cards, requires you to make multiple transactions if you want to add Zen to multiple games. (A long time ago, in an internet far, far away, before Arc came about you could add Zen to your PWE account and split it up between multiple games. But a while back they changed it so that all Zen on your account can only go to 1 game and you have to select a game when charging Zen.)

The Arc quests don't seem to reset at a fixed time each day. As stated, you can turn in up to 3 quests per day for XP. But it seems that this limit doesn't reset until 20 or 24 hours after you turned in the 3rd quest for the previous day. So you'll need to remember the time you completed the last quest for the previous day.
  • starshutter2starshutter2 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    This cr*p dont working.
    I spend 1 hour and reach 5 or 6 lvl in Royal Quest by Arc quest. Arc didnt count it.
    Raptr saw this game, and count raptr point. Arc - didnt.
    I must spend all day, to playing in other games, to reach currency for STO ?
    Its not necessary to be a Spok to see, that it have NO LOGIC
    Post edited by starshutter2 on
  • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    What is the popularity rating here, I wonder?
    I mean some games are login for a few days and get 500 points. And another is only 100 for the same period. Does this mean the 100 point game is already popular?

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    I really don't like the changes to ARC at all. It's a bit harder to get to STO than it was.
    giphy.gif
    Member since December 2009

• dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    Dont suppose you can customise the list so we are not given quests to play games not available in our regions. The example I am looking at right now is Elsword which is not available as I am in the EU.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    rickpaaa wrote: »
    I really don't like the changes to ARC at all. It's a bit harder to get to STO than it was.

I had the same thought, until I tinkered about with it. The trick is to click the nine-squares-in-a-square icon and select STO, then just use the dropdown (it says "Explore" by default) to hop wherever you like related to STO. I've found it only slightly more of a bother than simply using the actual game launcher (which is what I normally do), and it does actually let me see about other stuff.

As to the Arc Quests, it seems to update specific "days" at midnight, PST. Having been curious about it anyway, I decided to download Jade Empire Dynasty and give it a shot, and it gave me credit for playing on two different days as of then. It wasn't anything like what I was looking for (having been looking for something closer to Jade Empire from way back when), but the Arc Quest worked alright.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
    edited March 2016
    swamarian wrote: »
    So...how are you suppose to do multi day ones if it randomly replaces those multi day ones that you started?!?

It doesn't. It just replaces the ones you've finished or dismissed.

Umm...my STO just got replaced today with a PWI one. I was one day away from finishing it. So if this isn't suppose to happen...it's bugged.

Dammit, I just lost ALL of my active quests. This seriously sucks.
    Edit: just got word from tech support. It's a known bug. Hopefully everything will be back tomorrow.
    Post edited by swamarian on
  • exosstyrbjoernexosstyrbjoern Member Posts: 13 Arc User

More like ALL of everything... quests (all quests allegedly completed), level progression, points....
    Probably just a hiccup ?!?

• spiritwalker1969spiritwalker1969 Member Posts: 406 Arc User

More like ALL of everything... quests (all quests allegedly completed), level progression, points....

Same here .... but I was notified that the login to ARC on two seperate day quest had been completed. Not sure how to claim the rewards though as there is nothing on screen to allow this.

• usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    same here , what a shock that they broke it
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Encountered some issues with some quests disappearance myself along with in-level progress becoming void or non calculate-able (I tried to report this vogue and hard to explain issue, added a screenshot but couldn't adequately report it TBH, hope it will work,) along with other quirks/uncertaincy regarding when game play may count.

I don't like the layout as well, it's as if they forgot it's a launcher (and yes, I know how to launch games from ARC).

I still personally give it a chance for now - free ZEN potentially (I appreciate this try, thank you), but I can't say I like this or the nature of most quests. Note that I personally don't intend to use (or install) any non currently installed game for getting that tiny ZEN amount this way. Selling my soul is not my most favorite action :) It seems like something which could have been great (quests for ZEN etc, potentially ARC overhaul) and yet was done in, well, not a good way at all, to say very, very gently.

I prefer steam and mostly use steam though. If the issues are not solved soon I have no good practical use in even firing ARC shortly for the quests/points. Other than the ability to very slowly earn ZEN potentially I don't see any good in ARC or in that change at all, practically (right now even this seems to have quirks). Only more hassle in the new layout for me. This is my personal opinion and preference, I am entitled to such, you may have another.

P.S.
    I agree with others' concerns regarding promoting other games this way and the uselessness of such. And for me personally it's just something which makes the quest system less worth.

Updated more elaborately on a post below (forum users added info and support replied and my issue was solved), I no longer have the quest/progress disappear or void issue. The rest of this post is still relevant IMO.
    Post edited by rndfluctuation#1470 on
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    Check again... mine was broken, but it's working now including tracking my "Arc Level" progress and Arc Quests (both completed and in-progress), so you might be back up and running.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Thank you breadandcircuses! yes, it's back (progress and quests like you said, at the point it was and should have been) for now. I wonder if our reports helped somehow. And I wonder if it will happen again. Wonder what's happened and why, and if anything was changed actively in order to address it.

P.S.
    I understand you somehow also want us to verify completed quests for rewards, manually, but in such case (and better anyway, but especially in such multy-day quests/quests which "might" be lost) maybe consider adding an auto verify so people wouldn't lose in such case? (note that I didn't lose any but some others who had already the amount of days and other quests loaded instead, could, possibly)

As an update, support rapidly and kindly answered already to my ticket (essentially what swamarian said (saw that late), so it's already known and should probably be solved for all now or soon, but the problem was already solved for me when I started to write this, as said), BTW.
    Post edited by rndfluctuation#1470 on
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    rickpaaa wrote: »

I had the same thought, until I tinkered about with it. The trick is to click the nine-squares-in-a-square icon and select STO, then just use the dropdown (it says "Explore" by default) to hop wherever you like related to STO.
    You can also just click the game and then click the button that says: "Play for Free". Yeah you wouldn't really expect it to launch the game(since it's the button you initially click to install), but it does.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg

Yup. Everything was back this morning.
  • tancrediivtancrediiv Member Posts: 728 Arc User
    Most of the time when I log in I just use the launcher. I rarely sign in to ARC except to buy zen. I have absolutley zero interest in playing another MMO and my wife would make my life hell if I started spending time on nee games. I guess STO and CO, combined with managing a large active fleet takes a.lot of my time. Go figure. ;)

If arc becomes required it will just accelerate the likelihood I will turn to RL activities and stop spending money on a game with far too many devaluations of items bought and growing time sinks due to useless extra button clicking that has nothing to do with the game I actually want to play. I am not taking on more games. Period.

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE
    edited March 2016
    Edit: I guess I was mistaken. I managed to complete 2 multi-day quests today and that pushed me past level 2.

It's still too early to tell, but maybe once you get started and keep up on it you can rack up the Arc points quickly.
    Post edited by monkeybone13 on
    Something else:

You can't redeem your free Zen for some games. For example: It already had given me a quest to play Royal Quest, but when you go to redeem your Arc points for free Zen, Royal Quest isn't in the list of games to send the Zen to. This is either an oversight, something bugged in the UI, or intentional. If intentional, what is the point in having someone play a specific game that they can't transfer their free Zen to? Granted, Royal Quest isn't developed or even published by PWE, so that could be it.
    Edit: I guess I was mistaken. I managed to complete 2 multi-day quests today and that pushed me past level 2.

It's still too early to tell, but maybe once you get started and keep up on it you can rack up the Arc points quickly.
    So far I've only managed to get assigned two quests that know I can actually complete. 1; update user profile, 2; login to arc on 8 consecutive days(not yet completed). Everything else has been quests to play games I don't have... well, I just got a quest telling me to "play any 4 games". Not sure if they have to be different ones. guess I'll find out soon.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing

So far I've only managed to get assigned two quests that know I can actually complete. 1; update user profile, 2; login to arc on 8 consecutive days(not yet completed). Everything else has been quests to play games I don't have... well, I just got a quest telling me to "play any 4 games". Not sure if they have to be different ones. guess I'll find out soon.

As I pointed out earlier, and others confirmed, all you need to do is click the 'Play' button in Arc for a game to bring up that game's launcher in order for it to count for the Arc Quest. You don't actually have to launch the game (except for Torchlight since it doesn't have a launcher) or even play it. The problem is you need to install (and launch) various games through Arc, which take up room on your hard drive as well as take time to download and install.
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Any of these other games have a good character creator? Not one to spend much time playing, but if it'll get me some more "Arc XP" maybe I'll play around with some character creators...

Any suggestions?
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
    crm14916 wrote: »
    Any of these other games have a good character creator? Not one to spend much time playing, but if it'll get me some more "Arc XP" maybe I'll play around with some character creators...

Any suggestions?
    CM

PWI has a decent character creator.

Forsaken World and Royal Quest don't. You get a few face and hair styles to choose from, and some skin tones. Not a wide range of hair colors either.
    thank you sir!

Will try PWI for the heck of it... which is what they want with this anyway...

Anyone else have suggestions for good games to just try? I'm currently playing STO and SWTOR, but since I don't get credit for playing SWTOR through Arc, then I'll look at other options...

Thanks!
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
    Champions Online and Neverwinter aren't bad. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    PWI loaded pretty quick, but Neverwinter's in a 9 hour update atm... so we'll see how this goes :)

Thanks guys!
  • exosstyrbjoernexosstyrbjoern Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    What's a bit annoying is the following:
    I got two quests which run for multiple days and one quest ("Play Elswordl) that I can't complete because the game is not supported in my region. Since you can drop only one quest a day, I waited, dropped the quest and the new quest was to play the same game for two days :s
    And this was not the first time...