thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    [Reaction to derailing comment modded]
    Post edited by jodarkrider on

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    demonragginghelldemonragginghell Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    The patch for some players will make STO unplayable, AKA the skill revamp patch, all was well before it, now, i cant even play it anymore.
  • Options
    bjchiemarabjchiemara Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    [Derailing comment modded]
  • Options
    bjchiemarabjchiemara Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    My comment about people complaining they have to purchase a respec token after their free respec is not derailing.
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Post removed
    Post edited by askray on

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    whisperorwhisperor Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Not helpful and you do realize IBTL posts are against the rules too..
    Post edited by askray on
  • Options
    redshirt1981redshirt1981 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    I've got some questions to the new system.

Why are Shield restoration and Shield regeneration two different skills? It would be better to merge them into one skill.

Same Question for Shield and Hull penetration -> one skill for both would be better

Same question for Hull regen and hull restoration. Since we lost the Crew, those skill should be one skill too.

Why did the Attack Pattern Skill disappear?

Why are the energy levels lower after the revamp than before?

Do we really need those Readiness skills?

Shouldn't be the Cordination Protocols a Science skill?
  • Options
    centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    1. We've been told that Skill Points will be replaced by Experience Points, and that nothing will be lost in the transition. Does that mean that my main character's six million (6,000,000) skill points will transfer to experience points when the new system is patched in?

2. We currently use skill points for BOff training; will that also be accomplished by experience points?

3. If Sensor, Particle physics and Graviton manipulation are all being eliminated or nerfed, how can Cryptic claim that nothing will be lost? Console adjustments are not the same as skills.
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • Options
    tripaaa2013tripaaa2013 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    [Ragey-post modded out]
    Post edited by jodarkrider on
  • Options
    ricardoreevesricardoreeves Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    It is not possible to Train [Training Manual - Engineering - Engineering Team III] with the new Skilltree. It Looks like you forgot that :)
    GERMAN - speaking
  • Options
    ricardoreevesricardoreeves Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    I see lots of Problems with that new skill tree: Kits from Lock Boxes are sometimes worst than normal kits, because there is no more "turrets and drones" or "demolition"... ist all "Kit Performance" now. Means I can have a Xindi Kit with 24.4 Kit Performance and a normal Kit with [KitPerf] x2 and have 48.2 Kit Performance. All kits are the same now basically. Also we will have ALL the same strength on Ground. There will be no more difference between an Engineer that has skilled "Turrets and Drones" and the other one "Domolition" (just examples) or a Science that was good in healing and was not good at damage... NOW we are all the same, no matter what Kind of skill we choose from the 10 Points out of 20. The other Thing is that only "normal" Kit Modules Change from "Kit Performance". Means Special Kit Modules like Solar Flares is not affected.

Next Thing: Did you see that you can only craft "Beam Overload III" as a tactical Captain if you choose a lot of Science Skills? Come on, who is skilling his Deflector on max while flying a Defiant Class... It all makes no sence.
    Also there are some "old" bridgeofficer skills missing, like Engineering Team III. Does that mean you create new Bridge Officer that have them... you can´t Change the old ones...

I know it is all still on testing, but I am scared that not much will Change. I am Playing since 6 years and I have seen a lot of things changing in that game. But I have NEVER seen SO MANY Misstakes in a new Season Release on Tribble :open_mouth:

If this skill tree is released similare to the way it is right now, I can only recommend NOT skilling your Charakter in the next few month until all mistakes are fixed.
    GERMAN - speaking
  • Options
    stormstryke2stormstryke2 Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    It is not possible to Train [Training Manual - Engineering - Engineering Team III] with the new Skilltree. It Looks like you forgot that :)

It seems to be "forgotten" in the tree. But you make them by having a BO make one.

• Options
    jros83jros83 Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    A new skill system should rightfully come with a limited time period 1 free respec per toon per account. It would only be the right thing to do.
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    jros83 wrote: »
    A new skill system should rightfully come with a limited time period 1 free respec per toon per account. It would only be the right thing to do.

According to the most recent info I've seen on the subject... it does. All characters will have their Skill Tree empty upon login and need to re-allocate everything, plus each character gets a single Respec Token. That still doesn't allow for much tinkering on Holodeck, but you do get one mulligan if you need it. Otherwise, take screenshot, make notes, etc. of your current build and then as for help converting it to the new system; you'll probably have friends/fleetmates that checked Tribble, and The Academy subforum is likely to have a conversion help thread when this goes live.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    misterferengi#8959 misterferengi Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    I have a question regarding ship shields with the new skill revamp. Right now shields are not effective or more to the point are stripped within seconds by NPC's regardless of power insulators and resists the player uses. Are NPC's going to have Tachyon Beam,Tet Beam proc's and the Borg Shield Neuraliser scaled back ?. Or are they staying the same and putting skill points into shields on the new tree going to be a waste of time as you have no shields to benefit from spending points on shield hardness ?