What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

YES! Frigate pet full impulse

13»

Comments

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Looks like a 2nd fix attempt is incoming.

Source: Redshirt Maintenance Notes - March 1st.
    Updates to frigate pet controls so that they will be able to follow their owner more reliably and won't linger in attack states when no enemies are nearby.

There is hope! :)
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    Looks like a 2nd fix attempt is incoming.

Source: Redshirt Maintenance Notes - March 1st.
    Updates to frigate pet controls so that they will be able to follow their owner more reliably and won't linger in attack states when no enemies are nearby.

There is hope! :)

Great news! *crosses fingers*
  • Options
    kianazerokianazero Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    jheinig wrote: »
    In this new update I've changed how the messages are received so that if a small craft didn't get a message, or it had its behavior overridden temporarily, it should be better about picking up that command now. This should make fighters a bit more responsive, but because the programming for how the messages are SENT has not changed, it might still take several seconds for a small craft to pick up orders if you launch a new one.

Strangely enough, I'm okay with orders taking a second or two to be acted upon. I mean, it would take a few seconds for the hangar control team to relay my orders to the squadrons in flight.

For a movie reference, the first counter attack in Independence Day, the President told the command crews to get their fighters out of there when it was obvious the alien ships were shielded and were destroying our fighters en mass, due to the chaos of combat and time it took to relay orders they weren't able to make a retreat that very moment.
  • Options
    makocallowaymakocalloway Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    Heh I give you credit for managing to fit a working ID4 anology in there. Well done
    5rFUCPd.png